Raymond Terrace bus services

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Raymond Terrace bus services

Post by boronia »

Anyone here familiar with operations in this area? I want to avoid the "telephone roulette" with TfNSW or even CDC head office.

I am planning a trip to Newcastle Airport, utilising a 136 from Stockton, then continuing on a later service to Raymond Terrace. From there catching a 140 back to Newcastle.

From the timetable, there is a 136 which arrives at RT at 14:53 and a 140 which departs at the the same time. It got me wondering if the same bus does both runs, or is there at least a guaranteed connection between the two?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Randomness
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an Zf Ecomat

Re: Raymond Terrace bus services

Post by Randomness »

The 136 ends at Raymond Terrace Marketplace, while the 140 starts at Raymond Terrace Shopping Centre (different complexes on different streets). Given the distance between the 2, I doubt the timetable would have the 2 following each other. The 136 however, serves the Shopping Centre at 2:50, so you should have a 3 minute connection. Note that the 140 does a loop around Raymond Terrace so it serves the shopping centre twice, once for when starting, and another when returning to Newcastle.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Thanks. That loop gives 19 minutes interchange for the second pass. Looks like I could even change at Lakeside if the 136 runs really late?
@ The Museum of Fire.
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

Yes, 14:50 arrival for 15:10 departure at Sturgeon St heading to Newcastle. Time enough for a toilet stop at the shops. If you want the scenic trip via Raymond Terrace local, you can likely ask the driver to radio ahead, but there is a 3 min connection at Sturgeon St still, 14:50 arrive to 14:53 depart.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Thank you both for the details. I feel much more comfortable about the trip.
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”