Admet 2024 timetable changes what can we expect

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Admet75

Admet 2024 timetable changes what can we expect

Post by Admet75 »

Given the Gawler line is fully electric it will probably have a timetable changes and associated outer north bus services. Some other proposed changes might mean extra services on some routes and a possible go zone extension.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Re: Admet 2024 timetable changes what can we expect

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Maybe we will finally see the beginning of the $29.4 million over 4 years to “establish a new dedicated express service, bus fleet, and depot” in Mount Barker, as promised in the budget.

https://www.treasury.sa.gov.au/budget/c ... -Final.pdf (page 28)
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Crispy!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O405NH

Post by Crispy! »

Admet75 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:28 pm Given the Gawler line is fully electric it will probably have a timetable changes and associated outer north bus services. Some other proposed changes might mean extra services on some routes and a possible go zone extension.
Some better Evanston services would be nice as I suggested on a Facebook page extending the 228 to Gawler would be nice or even a Smithfield to Gawler service or a route 490 from City to Gawler via Main North Rd I don't mind the train sometimes but oh my god it is feral.
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
Crispy!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O405NH

Post by Crispy! »

Admet75 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:28 pm Given the Gawler line is fully electric it will probably have a timetable changes and associated outer north bus services. Some other proposed changes might mean extra services on some routes and a possible go zone extension.

I agree with you Admet75

Fixing the Outer North areas including Gawler and readjusting services in these areas wouldn't be a bad idea these areas are growing with new houses especially around Munno Para, Andrews Farm, Tambelin and Evanston.
My Outer North overhaul suggestions including some better Gawler services - like it is in Mount Barker.

All current Main North Rd services are fine but here is mine

227/227F, 227X - City to Smithfield Station
via current Route 228

228,228F 228X City to Gawler via O'Connell St, Main North Rd, Adelaide Rd, Murray St Gawler
(Cowan St) not servicing Smithfield Station
servicing stops Main North Rd 81 81B & 81C
228X City Express to Gawler (Cowan St 101)
N228 City to Gawler via current Route N224.

490A, 490C Tambelin Station via Clark Rd, Dawson Rd, Para Rd Stop 162, Gawler Green Shops via Gawler Railway Station then via current Route 491

Give my suggested 228, 490A, 490C, 493, 494 more frequent services and night services allowing those on Murray St and Adelaide Rd's Gawler to access a bus service into the city.

495 - Dial a Ride.
Question is, how many people actually use it?
the booking in an hour in advance is kind of annoying sometimes it doesn't always work when you need it.
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

I'd recommend the 461 and 462 to be merged into one route, this would allow a increased frequency and night service for the Munno Para West and Angle Vale area. Maybe at night introduce a Roam Zone service running from Smithfield to Angle Vale.
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
Admet75

Post by Admet75 »

Unfortuntely its only available via Paywall- lucky i have a subscription to the Advertiser:

Fifteen new buses and almost 600 new weekly services in $19m Hills public transport upgrade
New buses will be added to the fleet and services on transport routes dramatically increased under a commitment to improve Adelaide Hills public transport.
Shashi Baltutis
2 min read
January 14, 2024 - 10:43AM

0 comments

SA News
Don't miss out on the headlines from SA News. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Fifteen new buses will be added to the fleet and there will be 590 more weekly services under a $19m overhaul of Adelaide Hills public transport.
The upgraded service will start from Monday, January 29 – coinciding with the start of the school year – when the first phase of improvements will add an extra 36 bus services during the weekday interpeak between Mount Barker and the city.
It will see a 15-minute frequency on the T840 services each weekday, between 9am and 3pm.
An additional 26 services on Sundays will also start from February 4, bringing it in-line with Saturdays and delivering a 30-minute frequency between 7am and 6pm via route 864F.

Adelaide Hills bus services will be expanded significantly under the upgrade. Picture: AAP/Morgan Sette
The upgrades are an election commitment by the Malinauskas government and includes 15 new hybrid-diesel buses to join the fleet this year.
From the middle of this year, buses are expected to run on the South Eastern Freeway every six minutes in peak periods and at least every 15 minutes between 7am and 7pm.
In total once fully implemented, Hills commuters will have an additional 104 services each weekday, 22 on Saturdays and 48 on Sundays – representing an increase of 590 trips each week. This is a 42 per cent increase on the current services.
The state government has also committed $6m towards an upgrade and more parking at the Crafers Park ‘n’ Ride facility.
Premier Peter Malinauskas said the upgraded services would improve access for Hills residents.
“Adelaide Hills commuters have been calling for better, more frequent services and we’re delivering on our commitment to ensure public transport is a great option to get people where they need to go,” he said.
“I’m confident these significant changes can create better opportunities, reduce traffic congestion, and support a more sustainable transport future for the Adelaide Hills.”
Transport Minister Tom Koutsantonis said the frequency of buses coming down the Freeway would increase dramatically.
“These frequent services can be easily accessed from Park ‘n’ Ride facilities, with the Crafers facility currently receiving a $6 million upgrade which will further expand parking options.”
Independent Member for Kavel Dan Cregan said the rapidly growing Hills regions needed better services.
“The Hills are growing rapidly and Mount Barker will be the largest city outside of Adelaide in a generation,” he said.
“We need to keep investing in vital services, including public transport, so I’m very pleased to see this commitment being fulfilled.”
Updated timetables and more information can be found on the Adelaide Metro website at adelaidemetro.com.au.
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Well, if these 15 diesel/hybrid buses are for service increases and cost $19m (which probably includes the additional service running costs, as well as the capital cost of the 15 buses), a lot of money will need to be found/set aside for the 30 or so buses at Aldgate/Mt Barker, whose operational lives will expire in or before 3 years - i.e. those of the 2002 vintage!!
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Tim Williams wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:00 pma lot of money will need to be found/set aside for the 30 or so buses at Aldgate/Mt Barker, whose operational lives will expire in or before 3 years - i.e. those of the 2002 vintage!!
There is an ongoing bus procurement/fleet renewal program happening as we speak, correct? Those buses would presumably be covered by that.
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Tim Williams wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:00 pm Well, if these 15 diesel/hybrid buses are for service increases and cost $19m (which probably includes the additional service running costs, as well as the capital cost of the 15 buses), a lot of money will need to be found/set aside for the 30 or so buses at Aldgate/Mt Barker, whose operational lives will expire in or before 3 years - i.e. those of the 2002 vintage!!
The old buses might be able to be extended for any future rail substitutes, it'll be easier as they're DDA compliant.
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

Well, if these 15 diesel/hybrid buses are for service increases and cost $19m (which probably includes the additional service running costs, as well as the capital cost of the 15 buses), a lot of money will need to be found/set aside for the 30 or so buses at Aldgate/Mt Barker, whose operational lives will expire in or before 3 years - i.e. those of the 2002 vintage!!
The many MAN 18.280s at Torrens and Busways are 2002 and 2003 builds, so an awful lot of replacements due. Not forgetting the heap of gas MAN NL202 and NL232 buses at Morphettville and Newton depots built in 2000 and 2001 that are due for retirement before the 18.280s and Hills Volgrens.
And it appears none will be diesels, but will they be Hybrids, Hydrogen or Electric? The current announcement for the Hills mentions Hybrids.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/about ... provements

The new T840 timetable is on the Adelaide Metro website now. Nice and clear now they have separated the T840/840X and 860F/863/864 blocks to simplify it.

Also of note is that the 823 has been moved to the 865/866 timetable - another simplification of it, and a clearer route map for the 823 too.

A combined weekend timetable on 861/864/865 routes certainly makes the timetables easier to read with fewer day variations in routes.

Other than that, the only changes appear to be timepoint changes on Hutt Road for 170/171/172/147, North East Road for the 542/556/557/559, and Winston Ave for the W90/W91. As well as a plethora of school bus changes, as you might expect at the start of a new school year.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
nscaler69

Post by nscaler69 »

Pity the 3/4 removed W91 services in the middle of the weekday haven't been reinstated, so much for being a Go-Zone.
Anagram: Timetable - bet I'm late
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

With the additional T840 services it will be interesting how well these services are used. Just hoping the other hills towns won’t be overlooked in potentially improved services rather than just for this route. I did wonder if they could make the T840 services every 30 minutes and every second T840 be a T842 that way giving Nairn an improved service catering for the growth there. Just a suggestion and Hills regular travellers would be able add more input on what would or wouldn’t work up there
Now Running Express - Next Stop: City
Admet75

Post by Admet75 »

All suburban rail services timetables on the Admet are now dated 29 January 2021 has anyone noticed the differences if so what are they? I think this maybe a change but I am unsure- that last departure times for trains on some lines have been extended past midnight from Adelaide and there is some that leave the terminus's at around 1am in the morning?
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

Those particular changes have been 'current' for some time now, the after midnight departure on the Belair line ex-Adelaide dates to 2013, and the Outer Harbor last up train was at one stage express but altered to become all stops.
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”