Farewell Transdev NSW

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Farewell Transdev NSW

Post by Enviro 500 »

Transdev NSW may be finished but it still has its light rail and ferries businesses, as well as the joint venture with John Holland for Region 9. Looking forward to seeing U-Go Mobility. It is Kinetic's second business unit after its success in winning one of the PTV contracts, previously held by Transdev VIC.

Also, the number of regions has been scaled down to 10. Region 10 is effectively three regions in one.
Last edited by Enviro 500 on Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1whoknows

Re: Farewell Transdev NSW

Post by 1whoknows »

Hardly Kinetics second business unit since it also has the former Surfside and Sunbus operations in Queensland plus Redline and Merseylink in Tasmania, the former Greyhound Resources mining coaches and more, not forgetting Telfords.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

If you look at the state of the (Trandev) buses servicing the Hurstville area and see how absolutely shoddy and awfully maintained they are (I’m thinking the older buses from the 2000’s that you mainly see on weekdays), then honestly I don’t feel so bad seeing them as a company go tbh.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Does Veolia still got any ownership of Transdev
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:14 am Does Veolia still got any ownership of Transdev
No.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Enviro 500

Post by Enviro 500 »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:14 am Does Veolia still got any ownership of Transdev
Not anymore.

Poorly maintained fleets was also another grouse faced by Melburnians whose areas were serviced by Transdev. Thank God we don't really see that in Fremantle or Rockingham.
alleve
Favourite Vehicle: The Kosi Express in Thredbo

Post by alleve »

I don't remember the last time I caught a Transdev Taren Point bus that didn't have something wrong with it, from broken stop buttons, to broken stop lights, to shoddy doors, to horrendous rattling. Some of the newer O500LEs were alright, and I'm sure the BYD Optimus was great (although I never got to catch it), but generally just a poor experience.

It's a world of difference to the Transit Systems Tempe buses I normally catch, where the vast majority of services are B7/8RLE Optimus' in perfect condition.

Let's hope Transdev's replacements start buying more electric Custom Coaches and Volgren products and less Bustechs.

Will Transdev's remaining three BYD Optimus' stay here?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

They are still actively mishandling ferries and light rail.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Enviro 500

Post by Enviro 500 »

alleve wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:28 pm I don't remember the last time I caught a Transdev Taren Point bus that didn't have something wrong with it, from broken stop buttons, to broken stop lights, to shoddy doors, to horrendous rattling. Some of the newer O500LEs were alright, and I'm sure the BYD Optimus was great (although I never got to catch it), but generally just a poor experience.

It's a world of difference to the Transit Systems Tempe buses I normally catch, where the vast majority of services are B7/8RLE Optimus' in perfect condition.

Let's hope Transdev's replacements start buying more electric Custom Coaches and Volgren products and less Bustechs.

It is better that procurement of assets be undertaken by the government rather than the various contractors.
Enviro 500

Post by Enviro 500 »

1whoknows wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:05 am Hardly Kinetics second business unit since it also has the former Surfside and Sunbus operations in Queensland plus Redline and Merseylink in Tasmania, the former Greyhound Resources mining coaches and more, not forgetting Telfords.
Sorry, I meant Sydney was their second BCM package in Australia.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

I haven't caught a Transdev bus since 2019 the maintenance standards of their buses was not good back then with the number of passengers complaining about stop buttons not working
alleve

Post by alleve »

Enviro 500 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:24 pm
alleve wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:28 pm I don't remember the last time I caught a Transdev Taren Point bus that didn't have something wrong with it, from broken stop buttons, to broken stop lights, to shoddy doors, to horrendous rattling. Some of the newer O500LEs were alright, and I'm sure the BYD Optimus was great (although I never got to catch it), but generally just a poor experience.

It is better that procurement of assets be undertaken by the government rather than the various contractors.
I don't even know, the Government has proven itself clueless when buying ferries, light rail vehicles and intercity trains. Their choice to not allow bus operators to buy artics is baffling as well.

It's sad that the Oranas in region 6 are in better condition than Transdev buses which are over a decade younger
Randomness
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an Zf Ecomat

Post by Randomness »

Will not be missed in region 13 either. Maintenance issues are echoed here.
Off topic slightly but I thought DDA in SMBC regions had been applied since December? 6405 (a high floor 0405) is still doing regulars on the 915 TAFE Shuttle.
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Quite often get Transit Systems Tempe buses here on a 320, and the times they send the ex Region 3 T-Way buses (as in the B12BLE CB60s) on that route it feels like those seem to be overdue for refurbishment, much like the Transdev buses you describe.

That said, what you describe about Transdev Taren Point buses I do recall when I was still living down that way, but seeing other region's buses some of those attributes aren't exclusive to Transdev now.
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
alleve

Post by alleve »

pgt wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:51 pm

Quite often get Transit Systems Tempe buses here on a 320, and the times they send the ex Region 3 T-Way buses (as in the B12BLE CB60s) on that route it feels like those seem to be overdue for refurbishment, much like the Transdev buses you describe.

That said, what you describe about Transdev Taren Point buses I do recall when I was still living down that way, but seeing other region's buses some of those attributes aren't exclusive to Transdev now.
The CB60s and Oranas are pretty tired, but at least they work. I can't remember the last time I caught a Transit Systems bus with something broken or non functional. Of course, the Oranas are barely ever seen these days and will likely be gone by the end of the year.

Transdev, on the other hand, frequently runs poorly maintained buses with dirty interiors and broken features. I'm certainly not sad to see them go. Punchbowl Bus Co, on the other hand, will be sad.

I wonder what U Go will order?
Enviro 500

Post by Enviro 500 »

alleve wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:28 pm
pgt wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:51 pm Quite often get Transit Systems Tempe buses here on a 320, and the times they send the ex Region 3 T-Way buses (as in the B12BLE CB60s) on that route it feels like those seem to be overdue for refurbishment, much like the Transdev buses you describe.

The CB60s and Oranas are pretty tired, but at least they work. I can't remember the last time I caught a Transit Systems bus with something broken or non functional. Of course, the Oranas are barely ever seen these days and will likely be gone by the end of the year.

Transdev, on the other hand, frequently runs poorly maintained buses with dirty interiors and broken features. I'm certainly not sad to see them go. Punchbowl Bus Co, on the other hand, will be sad.

I wonder what U Go will order?
Ideally, U-Go Mobility should be bringing in electric Scania models similar to the ones recently spotted on test in Singapore. Maybe even the Zhongtong N12 that is currently doing trials with Go-Ahead SG.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”