Year in Review 2022 - Transport.

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Year in Review 2022 - Transport.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Hello, I thought I'd create a thread for all the transport related items for 2022, I believe that a thread like this would be of interest in the general transport discussion:

I'll start here:

BUSES:
  • Several new Zero Emissions Buses across Sydney, were purchased and there are many currently on order, currently, there are approximately 100 in service across Sydney. With all the new contracts being signed. it is highly likely that any new bus for a TfNSW contracted bus route in Sydney would have to be zero emissions. TfNSW is also planning on looking into Hydrogen buses, with those Buses yet to be demonstrated.
  • More Zero and low emissions buses in Victoria are starting to be purchased, with at least 100 hybrids to be purchased for the SmartBus routes for Melbourne and around 36 Electric Buses for local routes.
  • The 2022 Bus and coach show was an incredibly significant bus expo, with several entities exhibiting zero emissions buses and bus chassis. With lots of new players in the bus market, such as BYD and EbusCo. With some existing players trying to catch up. This expo was also probably the first expo where Now zero-emissions long distance coaches are being introduced. With Yutong and BCI exhibiting an electric Coach.
  • Several Manufacturers have announced and launched an electric bus chassis, Such as Volvo's new BZL chassis getting more attention, Mercedes Benz, introducing a new electric chassis and MAN announcing a One-size-fits-all Chassis. (the same chassis being used for low floor/low entry route buses and coaches.)
  • Scania launched a new generation bus chassis, with some new codings, as the following:
    K(amount of hp)-(fuel type)-(vehicle type)
    Fuel codings
    C: carbon/combustion
    H: Hybrid
Feel free to continue adding to this thread.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Bus-1809
Favourite Vehicle: As long as it's not a B7...

Re: Year in Review 2022 - Transport.

Post by Bus-1809 »

Transperth (the operator in that non existant place west of Adelaide) introduced 4x Volvo BZL Electric Buses with Volgren Bodies into service. I believe these were the first 4 BZL's in the country to enter service
If it's not a ZF, take it back!

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,300 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.

Return to “General Transport Discussion”