Timetable changes 2023

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Bus Observations 2023

Post by Fleet Lists »

tonyp wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:38 pm I've seen the 27 January date for a new timetable at Premier Illawarra too, but haven't looked at the detail yet. The Busways item mentions several operators across Greater Sydney doing the same.
https://transportnsw.info/news/2023/adj ... ter-sydney

Adjusted timetable for bus services across Greater Sydney
Monday 30 January 2023

Temporary bus timetable adjustments are now in place in Inner West and Sydney’s South, Ryde and surrounds and Eastern Suburbs to offer more reliable services across Greater Sydney due to bus driver shortages.

The timetables have been developed to ensure adjustments are as efficient as possible, however buses may still operate at reduced service levels due to unplanned driver absences.

Suspended services will be reinstated as soon as possible.

Find the latest bus timetables on the Routes and timetables page and on the planning apps.

Plan your trip with the Trip Planner before you travel.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Timetable changes December 2022/2023

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:02 pm All other regions are scheduled for next Monday 30th January except for Outer Metropolitan regions 6 Busways and 11 Hunter Valley/Coastal Liner which share some routes and require manual intervention and are not scheduled so far - and for which also no new timetables were uploaded at the beginning of the school holidays - all timetables still dated 10th October 2022.
All other regions were done on 30th January except for Outer Metropolitan regions 6 Busways and 11 Hunter Valley/Coastal Liner which still show 10th October 2022.
Living in the Shire.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

With all the news of disastrous timetable cuts, I was pleasantly surprised to see the changes my local bus routes.

In the AM Peak, Route 350 now operates every 5 minutes between Maroubra Junction and Bondi Junction, up from every 10 minutes previously.

In the PM Peak, Route 313 now operates every 10 minutes in both directions, up from every 20 minutes previously. Route 339 now operates every 10 minutes in both directions, with inbound trips previously on a 20 minute frequency. Similarly, Route 374 now operates every 10 minutes in both directions, with inbound trips previously on a 20 minute frequency.

Given the ongoing driver shortages and cancellations, I am unsure where they have found the drivers for these additional services. It would have been fantastic had these additional trips been properly publicised, but I gather that they could get taken away at any time which is probably why they have been kept quiet.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

With that in mind, could it be that the timetable cuts are focusing on redirecting resources both towards keeping infrequent "community" sorts of services running, then bolstering the busiest areas with a simplified service? Or am I reading too much into it?
In Transit

Post by In Transit »

It seems reasonable to consider those might be considerations.
Linto63

Re: Timetable changes 2023

Post by Linto63 »

The services that appear to be bearing the brunt of the changes are those that share corridors with other routes or are high frequency. Those services that operate only hourly tend to be left alone.
Gusbus
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202 ZF

Post by Gusbus »

A number of minor timetable changes were made to Punchbowl Goulburn services at the beginning of this week.

http://www.pbcgoulburn.com.au/news.html ... provements

New network map and timetables available on their website.
Good riddens to Westbus...
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

From CDC website
https://cdcbus.com.au/route-632-memoria ... s-changes/
Route 632 Memorial Ave Changes and School Services Changes
28 April 2023

From Saturday 13th May 2023 route 632 will be amended via Fairway Dr, Windsor Rd and Memorial Ave due to intersection changes by the Memorial Ave upgrade project. The below schools also have school service changes from Monday 15th May 2023.

Castle Hill HS
Crestwood HS
Gilroy College
Kellyville PS
Kellyville HS
Our Lady Of The Rosary PS
Santa Sophia College Gables
St Michael’s PS Baulkham Hills
William Clarke Collegettps://cdcbus.com.au/route-632-memorial-ave-changes-and-school-services-changes/
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

https://transportnsw.info/news/2023/bet ... or-lismore
Better bus services for Lismore
Monday 29 May 2023

Whether your heading to town or to Ballina and Nimbin, getting the bus is the best way to travel.

With recent network improvements, the Lismore region now has more bus services.

There are new weekend and Public Holiday services to connect you more reliably to where you need to go and the B-ConX On Demand service has extended the Saturday operating hours and added new Sunday services.

These news services launched in January are here to stay.

If you have questions about the changes to services, please email regionalcitiesprogram@transport.nsw.gov.au

Plan your trip
This appears to be a rehash of old news but interesting is a new dusrtrict routes map https://transportnsw.info/document/6267 ... web_v1.pdf This not only covers Ballina Buslines and Northern Rivers Buslines but also Blanch’s Bus Company (CDC) and a couple of other small operators.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Something strange - this morning I noticed that in the Transdev route 971 timetable created 5 June, on weekends, Saturday and Sundy between about 9.45 and 13.45 and some other times as well on weekends, all trips showed as operating hourly by showing them as every 60 minutes instead of the normal full column for every trip. Luckily I archived this version
https://web.archive.org/web/20230607012 ... 230424.pdf
But Tripview showed it as operating the normal every 30 minutes.
But tonight the timetable now created 7 June 2023 the trips have returned to the normal 30 minute frequency.
https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 230424.pdf
Living in the Shire.
Glen

Post by Glen »

I saw that glitch on another route recently too.

Post by 743 »

https://cdcbus.com.au/cdc-nsw-hunter-valley-changes/

Changes to CDC NSW Hunter Valley routes from 25th June. Changes include additional services across the week, and two new routes - 259 Minmi to Glendale via Wallsend, and 264 Minmi to Adamstown (just beyond Kotara to Fletcher Street) via Glendale. Network maps are available at the above link. I think the last time CDC ran a bus to Kotara was in 2010 on the old Routes 266 (Edgeworth area) and 272 (Toronto area), however since then Kotara has only been served by State Transit (then Keolis Downer Hunter).
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

And the Transport for NSW advice
https://transportnsw.info/news/2023/cha ... e-services
From Sunday, June 25 changes to Greater Newcastle routes 136, 140, 141, 262, 263, 259 and 264 services will take effect. The changes include timetable changes, altered route paths and new routes. A total of 506 additional weekly services will be offered.

Plan your new trip using the Trip Planner or other third party transport apps.
Changes by route
Route 136 - Raymond Terrace to Stockton via Medowie
Route 140 - Newcastle Interchange to Raymond Terrace
Route 141 - Raymond Terrace to Dawson Rd and Kent St (Loop Service)
Route 262 - Cameron Park to Charlestown via Constitution Dr
Route 263 - Charlestown to Cameron Park
Route 259 - Minmi to Glendale
Route 264 - Minmi to Kotara
Click on the routes in the article to find out more information.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

https://transportnsw.info/news/2023/min ... es-in-july
Minor train timetable changes in July
Sunday 25 June 2023

On Saturday 8 July 2023, minor timetable adjustments are being made to some train services on the T1 Western and Central Coast & Newcastle lines.

These adjustments are being introduced as part of a regular review of train services.

From Saturday 24 June, you can plan your new trip using the Trip Planner to see if your travel is affected by the changes. You can also check transport apps, indicator screens on platforms or listen for announcements at stations.
Changes by line
T1 North Shore & Western Line
Central Coast & Newcastle Line
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Not mentioned in the advice is that there are also new timetables for the Blue Mountains, Olympic Park and Northern lines on the 8th July.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

https://www.myfastferry.com.au/2023/06/ ... -1st-july/
My Fast Ferry
New timetable effective from 1st July
June 16, 2023

Manly Fast Ferry is excited to announce changes to the Manly-Circular Quay fast ferry service timetable, effective from 1st of July.

As part of our current contract with Transport for NSW the updated timetable will enhance the frequency of the service even further, with an additional 17 weekday services operating between Manly and Circular Quay.

Fast ferries will depart every 10 minutes during weekday morning and afternoon peak times, and every 20 minutes during off peak times and on weekends.
Manly Wharf 2 Departure Times
Circular Quay Wharf 2A Departure Times

Manly Fast Ferry is also working closely with Transport for NSW to integrate its service with the Opal network by the end of 2023.

This will bring price parity with the F1 ferry service, introduces the weekly travel cap and reward on Opal cards for the Manly Fast Ferry service and opens the service up to all Opal card types.

These changes will provide greater choice and value for the local community and visitors alike.
The fare comments are interesting as they possibly go further than I thought they would.
Living in the Shire.
stupid_girl

Post by stupid_girl »

Fleet Lists wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:58 pm https://www.myfastferry.com.au/2023/06/ ... -1st-july/
My Fast Ferry
New timetable effective from 1st July
June 16, 2023

Manly Fast Ferry is excited to announce changes to the Manly-Circular Quay fast ferry service timetable, effective from 1st of July.

As part of our current contract with Transport for NSW the updated timetable will enhance the frequency of the service even further, with an additional 17 weekday services operating between Manly and Circular Quay.

Fast ferries will depart every 10 minutes during weekday morning and afternoon peak times, and every 20 minutes during off peak times and on weekends.
Manly Wharf 2 Departure Times
Circular Quay Wharf 2A Departure Times

Manly Fast Ferry is also working closely with Transport for NSW to integrate its service with the Opal network by the end of 2023.

This will bring price parity with the F1 ferry service, introduces the weekly travel cap and reward on Opal cards for the Manly Fast Ferry service and opens the service up to all Opal card types.

These changes will provide greater choice and value for the local community and visitors alike.
The fare comments are interesting as they possibly go further than I thought they would.
This is just as expected.

Last year, it was already said that "There might be a green (public) one there or a blue (fast ferry) one - it doesn't really matter. They're all going to be part of the same product".
Gusbus
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202 ZF

Post by Gusbus »

The Route 695 temporary flood recovery route will finish up at the end of this week (last day Saturday).

https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... /695/36695
Good riddens to Westbus...
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

This is more of a lack of new timetables.
New Sydney and Greater Sydney bus timetables are normally issued at the beginning of each school holidays. A new term starts next Monday but less than half the regions have seen new timetables published. Also up this month, new versions of all timetables are uploaded every Monday to Friday to ensure that timetables are up to date. But as at the time of writing no new versions have been uploaded since last Sunday 25th June which in itself was unusual as that was a Sunday. One exception were the Newcastle Transport timetables which had new school holidays versions uploaded on Wednesday 28th June.
Also Manly Fast Ferry has advertised a new timetable for tomorrow 1st July which so far has not appeared in the Transport for NSW timetables.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Gusbus wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:44 am The Route 695 temporary flood recovery route will finish up at the end of this week (last day Saturday).

https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... /695/36695
Further to my previous post the route 695 timetable now shows two versions, one with a correct finishing date of 1st July and one without a finishing date.
A similar thing occurs with the Newcastle Transport timetables which hd school holiday timetables uploaded on 28th June which I mentioned in my previous post where as well as the new school holiday timetables, there are two versions of the expiring timetables, one with a finishing date and one without a finishing date. I also noticed this with other regions for which school holidays were uploaded late last week where the ones without a finishing date were removed after a few days.
Living in the Shire.
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

A spokesperson confirmed services in the Northern Beaches and Lower North Shore would operate on a reduced timetable from Monday, 17 July 2023.
“In addition to the temporary changes being introduced across the network, there will also be some permanent changes to services in Avalon in response to recent road and traffic upgrades. These include routes 191, 192, 190X and the 199.

“The only changes to school services are Northern Beaches Secondary College Manly Campus and route 177, which will now accommodate new bell times set by the campus.
https://www.northernbeachesadvocate.com ... s-slashed/
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

kypros1992 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:31 pm
A spokesperson confirmed services in the Northern Beaches and Lower North Shore would operate on a reduced timetable from Monday, 17 July 2023.
https://www.northernbeachesadvocate.com ... s-slashed/
So even less services than the "temporary" timetable implemented in January of this year I presume...

Yes I do get sick of having to load up the likes of TripView every morning and afternoon just to see which services have been cancelled, purely so I know that the service after the cancelled one will usually be close to full, especially if the cancelled service is normally operated by an articulated bus and the next one isn't.
Doesn't help when they cancel 5 of 6 services in an hour (in this case, route 144 - saw that one afternoon on the way home from work, which meant having to make alternate plans to get home).

I get the feeling that by offering less services, they don't have to mark as many as "cancelled" and I'm guessing impacting the KPI that goes with it.
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Here was me thinking they'd started to make headway on fixing the shortage of staff!
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

At least we’re lucky to have the likes of TripView to help.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

boronia wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:17 am At least we’re lucky to have the likes of TripView to help.
Weirdly I have seen a "cancelled" bus get reinstated with a delay before at the last minute (morning peak bus in my case), but yes without any form of "real-time" updates it would literally be a wait-and-see approach, especially with what is meant to be a temporary timetable.
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”