Timetable changes 2023

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Timetable changes December 2022/2023

Post by boronia »

From Busways FaceBook page:
More weekend bus services from 9 January.
Just a reminder: Enjoy more weekend travel options along Victoria Rd on routes 513, 523, 524, and 544.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

There is now also a link on Transport Info https://transportnsw.info/news/2023/bet ... for-albury for changed services in Albury from 23rd January but again the article concerned is not there yet. But since I started typing this, it has appeared.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:41 am

Also on the Transport Info home page there is a link to https://transportnsw.info/news/2023/bet ... queanbeyan about this but the article itself does not exist yet.
This article is now available also.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Route 840X also has the Unknown name in the timetable.

Al new timetables still show as being operated by QCity and not CDC Canberra. Ex Transborder routes 842 and 843 do not have any new timetables but the existing ones also show as being operated by QCity,
Living in the Shire.
Linto63

Re: Timetable changes 2023

Post by Linto63 »

Probably because Qcity is still the name of the accredited operator or it is only possible to have one name in that field.

Post by 743 »

Fleet Lists wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:35 am Route 840X also has the Unknown name in the timetable.
A number of the PDF timetables for Queanbeyan from 23 January are curious. An example is Route 831, noting the PDF may change after the time I am posting this - so some example screenshots below.

Trip notes for reference with the below;

Example timetable page.

It looks like the PDF includes both the current network trips, and the new 23 January network trips, merged together. Those marked "M-Th" appear to be the new network, i.e. route extension to Karabar. Those marked "Tu-Th" appear to be the current network trips. There are no trips on Friday, Saturday or Sunday/Holiday. Sometimes I know these timetables show a date range that doesn't include certain days, although this one just shows "Valid from: 23 Jan 2023", which indicates a seven-day file.

Separately (and technically not a NSW observation), updates to the Transport Canberra network start one week later, on 30 January. Two changes of note are the shifting of most routes away from what is currently called "City West" (Marcus Clarke St) and changes to departures at Woden Interchange, which will be demolished. Both of these could theoretically impact the CDC Canberra routes. City West - 830, 840X, 844X, although whether anything is happening to the site itself I don't know. Woden - the TC advice is that "Services toward Queanbeyan, Yass" will be leaving from the new Platform 6, rather than Platform 1 as current. I wonder if this will mean subsequent changes for CDC Canberra.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That timetable certainly looks a mess.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I sent a feedback message to Transport for NSW last night and the new timetables have now disappeared.

Transitgraphics have also changed the new CDC Canberra website to no longer link to the TNSW timetables for the 23rd January but link to their own timetables only.
Living in the Shire.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

I look forward to seeing the changes in Albury as a local

While I praise that there are some changes in Albury, there is still lots of room for improvement

Here are my opinions on the network as a local and a regular public transport user:

1. Some services do not connect properly with the morning train to Melbourne Properly and still do not connect with the late night train. which may be difficult for train passengers trying to get to and from their v/line train.

2. The Route S is incorrectly mapped to leave Whitebox Rise via the Bandana Link Road. And is missing it's occasional diversion

3. I'm glad that there is one network map for all of Albury Wodonga but They made the routes 150 and 160 into an inset and they don't reflect their route path as shown on the map (why didn't they include them on the main map?)

4. They've cut corners with the route 901 by removing the Day Street Section (at least provide a safe way to access the nearest bus stop on Padman Drive (that road is state managed)

5. I think the new route to Thurgoona is decent and the connections to Albury Station and airport are good but there is still room for improvement. I recommend adding safe pedestrian links in Thurgoona.

6. The network still doesn't properly service parts of Lavington. And doesn't properly serve the future needs of Thurgoona. (I think Lavington and Thurgoona could have their own networks

7. There are still some destinations (i.e. Lavington sports ground, Jindera, Parts of Springdale Heights)

8. The occasional diversions for Wodonga Routes E, F, G, S and T are missing.

I think the changes are great but I think there is still room for improvement.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Aj
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:12 am I sent a feedback message to Transport for NSW last night and the new timetables have now disappeared.

The correct ones now seem to be present. The Unknown Long name problem is still present.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:43 am The Unknown Long name problem is still present.
Now also fixed.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

A further issue with the new CDC Canberra timetables due 23 January 2023.
New routes 840X and 844X both show as Sydney Buses Network instead of South East and Tablelands Network,”

Also
Routes 833X, 837 and 839 finish but do not show finishing dates in the timetables.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

There are new timetables available on the CDC Canberra website.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

To expand on that, there are two pages of timetables on the CDC Canberra website>
https://cdccanberra.com.au/travel-info/ ... -and-maps/
This contains up to 3 items for all existing routes
Links to Transport for NSW Link page which links to the current and new timetables.
Links to the actual Transport for NSW current timetables.
Links to the current QCity/Transborder pdf timetables.

https://cdccanberra.com.au/travel-info/ ... -jan-2023/
Links to all new CDC Canberra pdf timetables only and not to the Transport for NSW timetables.

So there are no direct links to the new Transport for NSW timetables - only through the current link page. So none are shown for new routes 840X and 844X.

In the case of routes 833X, 837 and 839 which will cease to exist, the Transport for NSW timetables do not show the 22nd January date on which they will cease, unlike the other timetables which are replaced by new timetables. For route 833X the link is to a page of another QCity timetable and not the Transport for NSW timetable but the Transport for NSW Link page only shows a link to the existing timetable only, similarly to routes 837 and 839. So there is nothing in the timetable to indicate that these routes will cease after 22nd January.
Living in the Shire.
tonyp

Re: Bus Observations 2023

Post by tonyp »

It's looks as though temporary timetables are being introduced on many bus routes from 27 January in response to the driver shortage.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The only ones I have seen so far were yesterday for Blue Mountains Transit and they looked like the normal change from school holiday timetables to school term timetables. I noticed they included their new school special timetables which are due at the beginning of the new school year.

But the term is shown as starting at Tuesday 31st January.

All Sydney and surrounds operators are due to submit new timetables at the start and end of all school terms.

Can you confirm that any of the new timetables you say actually had a reduction in services.

I will look to see if I find any other such new timetables later today after I have done few other things.
Living in the Shire.
745-Castle Hill
Favourite Vehicle: CDC CB30

Post by 745-Castle Hill »

From Busways for Region 7:

https://www.busways.com.au/news-items/c ... nuary-2023
From Friday 27 January, bus services in Sydney’s North Shore and Western area (Region 7) will operate to a temporary, adjusted timetable due to bus driver availability within a bus driver shortage

This aims to provide a more predictable service for customers, rather than cancelling services with no notice.

School services will not be affected.

Several bus operators across Greater Sydney are making temporary service changes to deal with unprecedented driver shortages across the industry, in Australia and overseas.

The new timetable includes changes based on customer feedback and monitoring of travel and boarding patterns and includes:

• Two new weekday morning Route 120 services starting at North Willoughby will be introduced on 27 Jan 2023 to assist customers travelling to the CBD.

• Three additional weekday morning peak Route 120 services starting at North Willoughby are planned to start by the end of February 2023.

• Routes which will have full service restored under the new timetable are 203, 207, 251, 252, 254, 255, 261, 265 and 267.

• Suspended services are focused on high-frequency route corridors and affect routes 115, 120, 288, 292, 500X, 501, 533, 545 and 550.

Buses may still be operating at reduced service levels on any given day due to driver absences. Please check the Trip Planner before you travel.

Busways is working with a scheduling expert engaged by Transport for NSW to work with operators on efficient timetable adjustments and we will continue to adjust timetables if required based on driver availability.

We are also working closely with Transport for NSW to ensure suspended services are reinstated as soon as possible.

Transport for NSW is working closely with all private bus operators, including Busways, on several strategies to address driver shortages including:

• recruiting bus drivers through depot open days, information stalls, providing bonuses and increased marketing and media.

• redesigning shifts to improve operational efficiency and reduce the number of drivers required.

Transport for NSW is also running a bus driver recruitment campaign across the Sydney network.

We encourage anyone interested in becoming a driver to find out more at www.busdriver.au
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I've seen the 27 January date for a new timetable at Premier Illawarra too, but haven't looked at the detail yet. The Busways item mentions several operators across Greater Sydney doing the same.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Thanks for that (previous two posts).

So it looks as though the new versions for 27th January serve two purposes:
1 Reduction in services as described in the Busways advice above and possibly other operators.
2 Introduction of the new 2023 first term timetables for all operators. In addition to the Blue Mountains Transit I have found that Transit Systems Region 6 route 415 has a new timetable with the only changes the addition of four school specials which are not in the current holiday version. And it includes the new school term timetable for school route 751S - the only one I checked.

Look forward to any other information as it comes to hand.
Living in the Shire.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Interestingly from what I can gather, one of my local routes also had an "updated timetable" pushed I think? No notable changes but I find it strange they've still got the 4:00 PM bus running that was always cancelled during school season due to "driver shortages". Monday - Friday I'd watch that scheduled bus appear as cancelled on real time trip trackers. Pretty lousy of TNSW to keep it If the bus company wasn't able to run it at that time for the past 8 months.

It's only been running during the school holidays at 4:00PM M-F because of obvious reasons, once school returns I expect to see it start getting cancelled again.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:50 pm Thanks for that (previous two posts).

1 Reduction in services as described in the Busways advice above and possibly other operators.
2 Introduction of the new 2023 first term timetables for all operators. In addition to the Blue Mountains Transit I have found that Transit Systems Region 6 route 415 has a new timetable with the only changes the addition of four school specials which are not in the current holiday version. And it includes the new school term timetable for school route 751S - the only one I checked.

Moved from bus observations.

The waters have been muddied further as this morning I noticed that the Transdev regions, Punchbowl region, CDC regions, Dions, Red Bus, Port Stephens and Busabout show a date of 30th January 2023 for the start of the first term and not 27th January and that includes Blue Mountains Transit which previously showed 27th January.

Busways regions (but not Central Coast which has not yet been done) Transit Systems, Premier Illawarra, Interline and Keolis Downer Norther Beaches but not Newcastle Transport, still show 27th January - Newcastle Transport shows 30th January.
Living in the Shire.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Fleet Lists wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:26 pm
Fleet Lists wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:50 pm Thanks for that (previous two posts).

Moved from bus observations.

The waters have been muddied further as this morning I noticed that the Transdev regions, Punchbowl region, CDC regions, Dions, Red Bus, Port Stephens and Busabout show a date of 30th January 2023 for the start of the first term and not 27th January and that includes Blue Mountains Transit which previously showed 27th January.

Busways regions (but not Central Coast which has not yet been done) Transit Systems, Premier Illawarra, Interline and Keolis Downer Norther Beaches but not Newcastle Transport, still show 27th January - Newcastle Transport shows 30th January.
NSW public schools have two Staff Development Days where there are no students attending on 27 and 30 January.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Dunno how Route 533 is considered a "high frequency" route at all. It's not the worst, but definitely note the highest frequency.

Maybe based on boarding/alighting figures from Opal?
Stu

Post by Stu »

Many schools will be facilitating an orientation day on the 27th, the school services on the day may come in handy for students to familiarise themselves with public transport.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

This is a list of regions for which the timetables were updated today to 27th January and which include the new school term timetables:
1 and 7 Busways
2 Interline
3 and 6 Transit Systems
8 and Newcastle Keolis Downer (This corrects some previous information).

Other Outer Metropolitan Regions 1 Rover, 9 Premier Charters and 10 Premier Illawarra.

All other regions are scheduled for next Monday 30th January except for Outer Metropolitan regions 6 Busways and 11 Hunter Valley/Coastal Liner which share some routes and require manual intervention and are not scheduled so far - and for which also no new timetables were uploaded at the beginning of the school holidays - all timetables still dated 10th October 2022.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”