Model buses

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Shadowshift

Model buses

Post by Shadowshift »

I’m not sure if I am on the correct site - admin please delete if not allowed. My husband, an avid model bus collector recently died, leaving over 600 buses. I have catalogued most. I’m wondering where I might sell them. However, I need help in placing buses together. My husband told me, when I enquired why he had so many similar buses, that they would be worth more if sold together. Any advice or help would be gratefully received. Thank you
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: Model buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Hi Shadow, I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your Husband

In helping with your inquiry, Australia when you come to think of it is a very small market when it comes replica model selling and privately I'm not sure I'd like your chances of trying to list them on Gumtree however you could supposedly try Ebay Australia for starters if you have an account set up for listing and can handle with shipping and handling.

As from our point of view we don't know what your Husbands collection contains and you've mentioned in your post that the collection contained 600 or so models, they would likely come in various scales (1/43, 1/64, 1/76 etc) the lower the number the bigger the scale of the model is, most commonly it'll be 1/76 scale.

Various factors will depend how much you can fetch for it, one of the only local key players still doing anything for the Australian Market is Transit Graphics, they only produce a certain quantity of each series of buses they release, if you have say one of their models from 2010 that is long sold out and is in pristine condition you could possibly reach $300, $500, maybe $1000 or more) depending on the model and rarity. Their models using resin as far as I know and contain a lot of fine detail.

You've got other series like Trux (which I more than likely have a feeling your Husbands collection contains). Their not as "rare" or part of any limited production runs however much like Transit Graphics there'd be buses that Trux retails aren't selling anymore so would be considered a rare find. Honestly I wouldn't pay more than $200 tops for them however I have seen some of their "Urban Transit Authority / "State Transit Authority" buses go for $250.

Creative master is on the somewhat on the same scale as Transit Graphics however produce way way more buses in their release series, mostly British Models and some Hong Kong / Singapore in the mix too. Much depending on the condition if it's pristine and never really been taken out of the box or has any faults you could probably reach $300 for it? However different Creative Master models will always go for various pricing so best to compare prices perhaps on Ebay.co.uk to get an idea of what the model is going for and maybe try under pricing it or just pricing it slightly higher, up to you.

If you can post some photos of your Husbands models or possibly put together a small list of the model maker and model type we could try giving you some further detail on them, perhaps what you could possibly get etc.

Kind Regards

ScaniaGrenda
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Re: Model buses

Post by Enviro 500 »

I'd also love to see what sort of buses your late husband has in his collection.

Anyway, may he rest in power.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”