Oil leak from injector line OM366

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
grunter1959

Oil leak from injector line OM366

Post by grunter1959 »

Anyone able to help with leaking oil from fuel injector line connections where they pass through the side of the cylinder head on an OM366 mercedes engine. Grommets around injector lines ive removed are not split, so must have been assembled before the ferrules were crimped on each end of the injector lines. Hoping there may be an aftermarket split grommet available somewhere.
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Re: Oil leak from injector line OM366

Post by Guy_Arab »

I CHECK THE MANUAL FOR YOU
GUY ARAB
grunter1959

Re: Oil leak from injector line OM366

Post by grunter1959 »

Thanks Guy. I ended up making some packing shims out of washers, which have allowed me to put more crush on the grommets. Seems to be working for now. Have you had to deal with the bushes and seals on the gear selector shaft that runs from one end of the bus to the other in 1 length. They must have bolted it in and put the bus shell over the top. Im chasing the bushes and nylon bellows for same. Not sure how i will instal them though

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”