confused Train

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
busmadrod

confused Train

Post by busmadrod »

It is interesting to note that the Maitland Flood Gates have now been closed, but there are no rail disruption on the Hunter Lines, so does that mean that the gates will magically disappear when a train comes, or is CityRail a little behind the times. and also with the flooding at Singleton and surrounds the rail line to Scone is open.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: confused Train

Post by Fleet Lists »

Cityrail is certainly behind the times as it has not existed or some yeas now.
Living in the Shire.
busmadrod

Post by busmadrod »

WHo knows who is running the trains. because remember the LNP has said on a number of occasions that the public transport would never be privatised. but at least at 3.49pm on Friday July 8th they finally officially announced that no trains were running between Newcastle and Scone/Dungog 24 hours after the line between Maitland and Singleton went under water
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

busmadrod wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:52 pm WHo knows who is running the trains. because remember the LNP has said on a number of occasions that the public transport would never be privatised. but at least at 3.49pm on Friday July 8th they finally officially announced that no trains were running between Newcastle and Scone/Dungog 24 hours after the line between Maitland and Singleton went under water
I think this post is more confused than the train.
Living in the Shire.
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

I'm going to go out on a limb and haphazard a guess at the context that busmadrod has not mentioned, and that is the notice on the transportnsw.info website (https://transportnsw.info/alerts/details#/ems-6712) which may or may not have been there before, but I can say was definitely in just about every mobile timetable app that has updates to it.

If that is the case, busmadrod - context is important to mention.
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah I pointed this issue out to Trainlink last weekend when the line was closed last weekend, was told it would be resolved, came back Monday morning and was still showing no alerts but alerts for just about every other line so I asked them what the dealy-o is with it adding that it's frustrating every time the Hunter Line suffers an issue, they don't communicate to travelers what is going on (this board has no idea how frustrating that is).

Trainlink responded by blaming it on "technical issues" which then it eventually did get resolved and started showing an alert for the Hunter line being closed only for said alert to disappear again a few days later & then return again?

When you call 131500, the agents start by fobbing you off telling you you should be using their trip planner instead of calling them and it takes somewhat a few attempts for the caller to clearly tell them their own website is currently not displaying outages, the information still shows trains as running and you'd like to know what is going on, not my fault someone isn't doing their job and isn't properly advising of these outages.

The Hunter line is the least of the state governments concerns & this line is on the backburner pretty much, if anyone doesn't believe otherwise then feel free to come spend your time using the line & you will quickly grow tired of it.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
jpp42

Post by jpp42 »

Sadly, I don't think poorly updated and stale information is exclusive to the Hunter Line. There is another thread on this very forum about similar confusion on the Blue Mountains line.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”