Esperance "Bus Station" & bus route markers

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
esperanceguy47

Esperance "Bus Station" & bus route markers

Post by esperanceguy47 »

While I haven't been overly thrilled about Esperance's new public transport offerings, I have to admit to *some* excitement in recent days, as on my walks through and around town, I have seen new town bus stops - as opposed to the school bus stops - appear, plus route 811 to/from Castletown goes right past my place! :D

Route 811 runs along The Esplanade between the new Dempster-Norseman roundabout & Andrew St, and I had thought there was only one stop (on either side of the road) to service the whole length, as that was the only one I had seen, prior to today: but I am pleased to be proven wrong :roll:

Most of the pics attached therefore show the stops local to me.

No sign of any timetable boards, not sure if that's really a thing with the TransRegional services :?: The PTA are in town over Tues & Wed, so I'll be sure to ask them about that, as well as heap praise upon them for including that second set of stops near me! :lol:
Attachments
s useful location for a stop on either side of the road ;)
s useful location for a stop on either side of the road ;)
IMG_5257.JPG (159.73 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
route 811 is supposed to turn right onto Norseman Rd, and with the service due to start on July 4th, they need to complete this right turn pretty sharpish
route 811 is supposed to turn right onto Norseman Rd, and with the service due to start on July 4th, they need to complete this right turn pretty sharpish
IMG_5255.JPG (109.47 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
the 2 stops closest to me (4 houses down from mine)
the 2 stops closest to me (4 houses down from mine)
IMG_5256.JPG (192.49 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
I had been wondering where the stops for the shops would be located, kinda makes sense for them to be on either side of the pedestrian crossing
I had been wondering where the stops for the shops would be located, kinda makes sense for them to be on either side of the pedestrian crossing
IMG_5249.JPG (133.25 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
the 2 stops to/from town furthest from my place
the 2 stops to/from town furthest from my place
IMG_5248.JPG (161.75 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
IMG_5247.JPG
IMG_5247.JPG (185.01 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
now THIS is something new, with no info as yet on the Transwa site
now THIS is something new, with no info as yet on the Transwa site
IMG_5246.JPG (103.42 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
our new "Bus Station", aka the Transwa terminus
our new "Bus Station", aka the Transwa terminus
IMG_5245.JPG (170.11 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
former Perth public transport fanatic 1991-2005 and still fanboying to this day in Esperance
lunchbox
Favourite Vehicle: Bicycle - no waiting - on time

Re: Esperance "Bus Station" & bus route markers

Post by lunchbox »

How would anybody know it's a bus stop?
What on earth would the numbers mean to Mrs. Joe Citizen?
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

lunchbox wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:27 pm How would anybody know it's a bus stop?
Those posts are well-known as stops in WA. But your point on the completely ridiculous numbering system (as opposed to naming stops) is very true, and something I only recently aired my frustration with in this thread.
esperanceguy47

Post by esperanceguy47 »

lunchbox wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:27 pm How would anybody know it's a bus stop?
A comment from someone who doesn't live in WA & has obviously never been to Esperance... that's a BUS STOP at the main BUS STOP in town (ie Transwa coaches to/from Perth & Kalgoorlie :roll:
former Perth public transport fanatic 1991-2005 and still fanboying to this day in Esperance
lunchbox
Favourite Vehicle: Bicycle - no waiting - on time

Post by lunchbox »

^^^^^^^^^^Perhaps public transport infrastructure should be understood and useable by "people who dont live in WA...."

Return to “Photos - Perth/WA”