Looking for first batch V set pics.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
GriffinRoads1
Favourite Vehicle: Anything in SouthTrans stripes

Looking for first batch V set pics.

Post by GriffinRoads1 »

Hi all.
I'm looking for photos of the interiors (and exteriors) of the original first batch V sets. They were kind of prototype designs to the rest of the V set fleet and I'd love to look through and identify as much differences as possible. I've found some olf pics on the now defunct Intercity Platform site of the interior of a converted first batch, and you can see how the ceiling is completely different. I can't show you the pic due to copyright reasons as stated in her page and the fact that it isn't accessible without the Wayback machine.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated, just any info on differnces would be good enough.
I prefer my catches rare.
Glen

Re: Looking for first batch V set pics.

Post by Glen »

GriffinRoads1
Favourite Vehicle: Anything in SouthTrans stripes

Post by GriffinRoads1 »

Thanks! Wasn't expecting just "blue goose" or "ddiu" to coome up with so many first batch pics but here we are! I've noticed that the front headlight is covered over by glass, said headlight is in an oblong shape instead of a rectangle, and the roof is a bit different from the outside too.
I prefer my catches rare.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

In the days when they were running as converted trailers I noted the top of the cast fibreglass front sloped slightly further back than the later batches from 1977 on.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”