NSW Bus Observations 2022.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Kiyrri

Re: NSW Bus Observations 2022.

Post by Kiyrri »

Seriously its just an embarrassment to society; what this generation has become. That's just wrong from all aspects and I don't know why drivers tolerate it. It's against passenger rights and is causing outright disruptions to all other passengers.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

This generation? Look back to the parents... In some places even the middle-aged are getting about on buses to d00f-d00f beats!
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

They're disgusting enough without the swear words and violent lyrics.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Kiyrri

Post by Kiyrri »

What's more is that its against passenger rights, but nobody is around to enforce it, and the drivers are most likely too "scared;" as they have no legal authority above the passengers. Although seeing as it is against passenger rights, the driver can kick the passenger off, but to properly enforce these regulations police on more regular services are needed. While I'm not trying to turn this into a place like Pakistan Airways, where every flight has armed guards on it, I feel it is necessary to not only ensure the safety of other kind passengers obeying the rules, but to also discourage future unruly, and quite frankly simply disgusting behaviour.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Looks like it's not only buses.
https://www.timeout.com/london/city-lif ... -right-now

You're spot on about fellow passenger's rights not to have their comfort violated by these thoughtless muppets. I bet most of them do not even pay their way which makes them thieves as well.
Too much emphasis on individual rights and not the rights of the community in English speaking western countries.
alleve
Favourite Vehicle: The Kosi Express in Thredbo

Post by alleve »

Kiyrri wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:15 am Seriously its just an embarrassment to society; what this generation has become. That's just wrong from all aspects and I don't know why drivers tolerate it. It's against passenger rights and is causing outright disruptions to all other passengers.
The issue isn't generational. It isn't a new behaviour, nor is it confined to any age group
Swift

Post by Swift »

Generation X (b.1967 -1980) were shockers in their day. They were probably the first really immoral badly behaved ignorant generation. Millennials are a bit nicer in some ways.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Back to Bus observations please. This generation discussion is off topic.
Living in the Shire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Sure no worries Fleetlists.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

M/O8568 was issued 11/1993 to State Transit Authority scania 3442 as 3442 plate had not been made as yet.
M/O8568 was issued 4/11/2022 to Busways Group for x STA Volvo 3928.
Does anybody know if it was issued between those two issues?
Would that be the bus only bus to carry government and non government buses?
alleve

Post by alleve »

I noticed on Tripview today it shows several Volgren Optimus Volvo B7RLEs operating on the 11 and 13 in Newcastle. To my knowledge, Keolis Downer doesn't have any Optimus B7RLEs, does anyone know what this is about?
Screenshot_20221207-103012_TripView.jpg
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

alleve wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:41 am I noticed on Tripview today it shows several Volgren Optimus Volvo B7RLEs operating on the 11 and 13 in Newcastle. To my knowledge, Keolis Downer doesn't have any Optimus B7RLEs, does anyone know what this is about?Screenshot_20221207-103012_TripView.jpg
Data Entry error with the tracking equipment, this is just about common with every operator out there that can be tracked thereabouts. one of the latest B8RLE's for NT is showing as a Scania L113CRL Ansair Orana which is infact also incorrect and it is a B8RLE Bustech, thinking one 2829 or 2830.

In other news, Orion Viking Cruiseship was in town in Newcastle earlier today. I was working so unfortunately not able to take pictures but various operators were out including Palmers Coaches, Kinetic (With their MAN Irizars including one with Pride Livery) Glenorie Coaches, Port Stephens Coaches and Rover Coaches.

Port Stephens BCI Citirider Double Decker was also observed operating the Cruise Ship shuttle run which I have a picture of from my Iphone 11 as I was walking past it from work. No MAN A95 Decker Gemilang spotted today operating the shuttle from PSC. The interesting thing to see about PSC's Citirider Decker is that it's fitted with an actual full sized rear destination board instead of a tiny route number box. These are rare to see in Australia but are common amongst New Zealand Operators, I'm only aware of the ex Charterplus B12BLE VST's having a rear display board like this.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Full rear displays are quite common in Victoria among the poorer areas towards Frankston.
alleve

Post by alleve »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:20 pm Data Entry error with the tracking equipment, this is just about common with every operator out there that can be tracked thereabouts. one of the latest B8RLE's for NT is showing as a Scania L113CRL Ansair Orana which is infact also incorrect and it is a B8RLE Bustech, thinking one 2829 or 2830.
Ah right. I'd seen typos before (including mentions of B8BLEs and Custom CB90s) but not completely incorrect bus types so I was a little confused
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:20 pm Port Stephens BCI Citirider Double Decker was also observed operating the Cruise Ship shuttle run which I have a picture of from my Iphone 11 as I was walking past it from work. No MAN A95 Decker Gemilang spotted today operating the shuttle from PSC. The interesting thing to see about PSC's Citirider Decker is that it's fitted with an actual full sized rear destination board instead of a tiny route number box. These are rare to see in Australia but are common amongst New Zealand Operators, I'm only aware of the ex Charterplus B12BLE VST's having a rear display board like this.
The full sized rear desto on the ex Charterplus B12BLE VST would of been a specification set by AJ Moore when he ordered it for Harris Park Transport/Citybus Direct around 19 years ago
Swift

Post by Swift »

Archie bought a B12BLE!
Linto63

Re: NSW Bus Observations 2022

Post by Linto63 »

With high floor buses no longer eligible for use on route services come the end of the month per the Disability Discrimination Act are there any operators who may not be compliant? Presumably school services are not included. Noticed a high floor Mercedes O405 in use with Busways in region 1 within the past couple of weeks.
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Linto63 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:27 pm With high floor buses no longer eligible for use on route services come the end of the month per the Disability Discrimination Act are there any operators who may not be compliant? Presumably school services are not included. Noticed a high floor Mercedes O405 in use with Busways in region 1 within the past couple of weeks.
Transdev (region 10 and 13) come to mind as still having some high floor buses - as to whether they have enough buses to restrict those to school services is another issue.

Is it high floor buses, or non-wheelchair (but low entry type) buses as well (which would then include some of those Scania L113CRL buses like 3730 at Busways (North West) Willoughby?
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

pgt wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:36 pm
Linto63 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:27 pm With high floor buses no longer eligible for use on route services come the end of the month per the Disability Discrimination Act are there any operators who may not be compliant? Presumably school services are not included. Noticed a high floor Mercedes O405 in use with Busways in region 1 within the past couple of weeks.
Transdev (region 10 and 13) come to mind as still having some high floor buses - as to whether they have enough buses to restrict those to school services is another issue.

Is it high floor buses, or non-wheelchair (but low entry type) buses as well (which would then include some of those Scania L113CRL buses like 3730 at Busways (North West) Willoughby?
Time to get those CB60's from Queensland operations to be in good use. Aren't there some in Granville gathering dust that hasn't been in use?
Bovways

Post by Bovways »

pgt wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:36 pm
Route services will have to be wheelchair accessible, so low floor with no wheel chair ramp like those L113s would not be compliant either.

The forthcoming DDA was one of the reasons for the ex-STA B10BLEs going online at Busways Penrith, and also at Ryde to replace the ex-N&W o405s there.

Definitely get your high-floors on route service pictures by the end of next week when school breaks up.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Bovways wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:01 pm
pgt wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:36 pm Is it high floor buses, or non-wheelchair (but low entry type) buses as well (which would then include some of those Scania L113CRL buses like 3730 at Busways (North West) Willoughby?
Route services will have to be wheelchair accessible, so low floor with no wheel chair ramp like those L113s would not be compliant either.

The forthcoming DDA was one of the reasons for the ex-STA B10BLEs going online at Busways Penrith, and also at Ryde to replace the ex-N&W o405s there.

Definitely get your high-floors on route service pictures by the end of next week when school breaks up.
Transport For NSW should go further and say only buses built 2007 and later are allowed be used in service as then it would be easier for fleet transfer between operators in the occasion of a cntract transfer as all buses will be contracted to Transport For NSW
Swift

Post by Swift »

Those Scania Low entry stragglers that are non disabled friendly have no business remaining in 2022.
American high floor buses in the 1980s -you know 30-40 years ago -had wheel chair lifts in a lot of them.
Mediocreville needs to work much harder.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:19 pm Transport For NSW should go further and say only buses built 2007 and later are allowed be used in service as then it would be easier for fleet transfer between operators in the occasion of a cntract transfer as all buses will be contracted to Transport For NSW
There would not be enough buses to go around - Take Punchbowl region 5 which amongst others has 13
Scania L94UB Custom Coaches CB60 13 m/o 886, m/o 919, m/o 4015, m/o 4653, m/o 5004, m/o 5409,
m/o 7841, m/o 7925, m/o 7926, m/o 7929, m/o 8747, m/o 8748, m/o 8749

And the same applies to the other regions.

It is bad enough as it is at the moment with very new buses having been delivered in the last 12 months where most operators will not be able to meet the 25 years deadline shortly, let alone change it to 16 years.
Living in the Shire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

The Europeans manage to meet that age limit. 20 years is too long for a bus.
In Transit

Post by In Transit »

Unfortunately the single minded electric bus focus means non-accessible (and elderly, dirtier diesel) buses are having to hang around even longer. An unintended but very predictable consequence of Constance's knee-jerk ban that wasn't a ban on ordering more diesels for Sydney, instead of a phased approach to electric buses that met the capability of both manufacturers and power supplies to deliver...

Of course, if Sydney had made any moves in recent years to reduce the 25 year maximum age target (its a limit, but in practical terms that makes it a target), this wouldn't be such a problem.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”