CDC Hunter Valley Buses: Rail Replacement Rarities

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

CDC Hunter Valley Buses: Rail Replacement Rarities

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

It has been a couple of weeks since I last posted photos here so I'm going through my archive again and submitting some photos that have never been seen before, this time featuring some rarities from Hunter Valley Buses on Rail Replacement that were rarely seen as train replacement buses.

With time winding up for 4378 MO, this Volvo B10M of August 1993 only had less than a month to go before being retired in October 2019, it is seen here a month before in Hamilton, Newcastle in September as a Standby bus. Was last reported to still be stored at Edgeworth Depot in May 2021.

Further up the Street, 4355 MO was also a standby bus, as well as having less than a month to go before retirement at the time the photo was taken. This is a February 1993 Volvo B10M fitted with PMC 160 Bodywork. It started life out with Toronto Bus Services remaining with the company when they were rebranded as Hunter Valley Buses Toronto and sadly lost its bright red TBS Livery in 2013 as it was replaced with TNSW Livery. Last reported to be stored at Edgeworth Deport in May 2021.

Around the Corner from Hamilton Station on Donald Street, 4394 MO was also on Train Replacement tho as a standby bus, this is a November 1993 Volvo B10M with PMCA 160 Bodywork. like 4355 MO, it started life out with TBS, remained with them when they were rebranded to Hunter Valley Buses Toronto and its Toronto Bus Service Livery was replaced with TransportNSW Livery in 2012. This Bus was reported to still be stored at Hunter Valley Buses Edgeworth in May 2021.

Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”