NSW Railway Observations 2021

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: NSW Railway Observations 2021

Post by boronia »

I noticed earlier this week that platform indicators at Woy Woy were showing "Broadmeadow- cars 3-8 only" for 8V services.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

Noticing today alot of trains out west not displaying external or internal displays and guards just giving manual announcements.

Sent from my SM-A207F using Tapatalk

boronia

Post by boronia »

With altered services due to trackwork, the revised schedules/stopping patterns are probably not loaded into the trains' computers, so there is nothing to display.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

Some trains aren’t ending up at the depots to have the schedules updated.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

boronia wrote:With altered services due to trackwork, the revised schedules/stopping patterns are probably not loaded into the trains' computers, so there is nothing to display.
I thought they would still be able to display externals.

Sent from my SM-A207F using Tapatalk

boronia

Post by boronia »

Externals are pretty much pointless, because you know where the train is going from the station displays/announcements.

In fact they can often be incorrect, leading to confusion.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

It's definitely a bizarre day on the railways today with T3 going to Penrith and Lindfield and T1 going to Olympic Park

Red Nsw liveried Dmu stabled in Penrith Yard
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Stonesourscotty wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:11 pm Red Nsw liveried Dmu stabled in Penrith Yard
That train would most probably be one of the Trainlink liveried Endeavours
Stonesourscotty

Thought there was only one red liveried one?
Scott4570

Post by Scott4570 »

Stonesourscotty wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:11 pm It's definitely a bizarre day on the railways today with T3 going to Penrith and Lindfield and T1 going to Olympic Park

Red Nsw liveried Dmu stabled in Penrith Yard
Trackwork this Weekend, December 4 & 5:-
1/ Main Lines are Closed between Illawarra Junction and Lidcombe (clear of crossovers).
2/ Suburban Lines are Closed between Strathfield and Lidcome (clear of crossovers).
3/ Local Lines are Closed between Strathfield and Homebush.

The Endeavours can only run on the Main Lines between Illawarra Junction and Homebush.
If they were diverted to run via the Bankstown Line they would run under Block Working conditions.
Campbelltown busboy

Stonesourscotty wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:30 pm Thought there was only one red liveried one?
I believe that Endeavour sets N1 and N2 are in the red livery but there could be more
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Yes Correct, N1 and N2 are both in the Red TNSW Trainlink Livery. N9 and I think N5 have been making various trips on the Hunter Line the past week and are not in the Tranlink Livery. Endeavours are pretty much near being retired so it'll be a waste of time wrapping the rest in the Tranlink livery.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:22 pm
Stonesourscotty wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:11 pm Red Nsw liveried Dmu stabled in Penrith Yard
That train would most probably be one of the Trainlink liveried Endeavours
Bathurst service curtailed to Penrith?
@ The Museum of Fire.
Stonesourscotty

Quite a few Bmt services cancelled tonight due to trains unable to leave the depot according to tripview.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Also a few CCN via the Shore cxld.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Randomness
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an Zf Ecomat

Post by Randomness »

Stonesourscotty wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:30 pm Quite a few Bmt services cancelled tonight due to trains unable to leave the depot according to tripview.
A few T2 services too, very strange
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

and also the Hunter line again from Midday with various trains being cancelled and extremely limited services running, issue with the track or so I heard but why they hadn't replaced services with a replacement bus hours later with issues still ongoing is beyond me.

Interestingly when I spoke to 131500 to obtain information on what was going on since information was limited, the operator mentioned "I'll have a look on Anytrip", first time I've heard of them using 3rd party services and not their own. Funny because anytime I've mentioned using any sort of 3rd party Transport application the relevant authorities responses is that the information can't be 100% and to take it with a grain of salt, sure but that data is also being received from TNSW or so I've also heard.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Sure the data is received in standard format which anyone can obtain. But what you do with it can come up with totally erroneous results, The data itself is supported by TfNSW but NOT the software that uses it which is understandable.
Only last week I used the TfNSW feedback process to report some problems with Anytrip and I received a reply that the feedback process was not intended for that even you can tick Anytrip as the software with the problem.
Screenshot 2021-12-06 21.24.15.png
Living in the Shire.
Transtopic

Post by Transtopic »

Is this an issue with the backlog of maintenance on the network which has recently been highlighted?
Campbelltown busboy

Apparently this strike action will continue next Tuesday and might include crews not wanting to man the Hunter railcars
Randomness
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an Zf Ecomat

Post by Randomness »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:31 pm Apparently this strike action will continue next Tuesday and might include crews not wanting to man the Hunter railcars
This is from a comment on one of the RTBUs posts on their NSW branch Facebook page I believe. I’ll try find it.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Try the RTBU diary for this month which shows it going well beyond next Tuesday up to the following Tuesday 21st.
https://www.ourrightsourfight.com.au/wp ... 1-ver2.pdf
Living in the Shire.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Fleet Lists wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:30 pm Try the RTBU diary for this month which shows it going well beyond next Tuesday up to the following Tuesday 21st.
That explains the recent 'trains unable to leave the depot' cancellations - the 6 day ban on cleaning hazardous waste and graffiti from last Wednesday.
Although it doesn't explain why some services were terminating at weird places like Cheltenham or Pennant Hills, or starting from North Sydney instead of Hornsby etc
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

Frodo wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:14 am [quote="Fleet Lists" post_id=<a href="tel:1084925">1084925</a> time=<a href="tel:1638858653">1638858653</a> user_id=45]
Try the RTBU diary for this month which shows it going well beyond next Tuesday up to the following Tuesday 21st.
That explains the recent 'trains unable to leave the depot' cancellations - the 6 day ban on cleaning hazardous waste and graffiti from last Wednesday.
Although it doesn't explain why some services were terminating at weird places like Cheltenham or Pennant Hills, or starting from North Sydney instead of Hornsby etc
[/quote]

Trains were stabled at places like Cheltenham/Pennant Hills as there are are are a need to park trains with access into yards and maintenance centres blocked by shunters.

Trains terminating at North Sydney allow crew change if needed, or services to come back on time by sacrificing timetable services to Lindfield, Gordon or Hornsby by dwelling and leave as timetabled at North Sydney
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

What is "privately-built rolling stock"? It's a long time since the NSW Government Railways built rolling stock. The RTBU often speaks an unintelligible language of its own.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”