Bustech Discussion / Observations

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
385BUZ
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren Optimus

Bustech Discussion / Observations

Post by 385BUZ »

I thought I would create these threads for discussion and observations of the body builders in Australia as there is currently no particular place for this.
Regards,
385BUZ

TransLink Route 385. Bus Upgrade Zone.

If you need to contact me privately, please email: 385buz@gmail.com
385BUZ

Re: Bustech Discussion / Observations

Post by 385BUZ »

Regards,
385BUZ

AirBusTrain
Favourite Vehicle: VSTs and Commodores.

Post by AirBusTrain »

The new logo looks like s**t.

That is all.
I like big bus and I can not lie.
385BUZ

Post by 385BUZ »

I humbly disagree. The new website is also very satisfying using the gestures on my MBP's trackpad to navigate through it. (Just my personal opinion)

https://bustechgroup.com.au

So it appears Bustech have launched a new body style and have entered into the arctic market.
tonyp wrote:
Regards,
385BUZ

tonyp

Post by tonyp »

385BUZ wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:36 pm I humbly disagree. The new website is also very satisfying using the gestures on my MBP's trackpad to navigate through it. (Just my personal opinion)

https://bustechgroup.com.au

So it appears Bustech have launched a new body style and have entered into the arctic market.
The product range seems very vague and conceptual with no detail. The mention of workshops in NSW and Victoria is interesting. Are these real or a proposal? I think they have bugger all sales in Victoria. NSW is their biggest market.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

This is a body that's being shown on their webpage (see attached image).

But I thought the glass windows would render the vehicle inoperable due to the excessive amount of weight. Hence the current design. If they just did away with windows completely, then they wouldn't have to endure this problem.
IMG.jpg
IMG.jpg (36.16 KiB) Viewed 9075 times
385BUZ

Post by 385BUZ »

The new bodies also look VERY ugly
Regards,
385BUZ

tonyp

Post by tonyp »

TA3001 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:49 pm
But I thought the glass windows would render the vehicle inoperable due to the excessive amount of weight. Hence the current design. If they just did away with windows completely, then they wouldn't have to endure this problem.
Do I detect a note of sarcasm? I guess they figured out that the bonded glazing of Volgren and the new Custom designs are far more attractive.

They must be looking into some all-door-loading crystal ball with the doors, as much greater significance is being placed on the rear doors. (They'll have to wait about 30 years for the NSW RTBU to catch up though.) A narrower front door is common on European buses as most people use the other doors, but the front door is still double-leaf, not single leaf. And will they still have stairs inside the rear doors to surprise the unwary? There are more questions on that website than answers.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I agree about the logo, honestly looks like one of those generic ones that was done by a logo generator. I did predict not too long ago Bustech would probably be doing their first articulated buses, they've probably had it in the pipeline for a long time now. Their new range looks alright but I won't comment on it until we start seeing their first actual real life builds.

Interesting seeing an articulated electric bus, might be a first of it's kind here?

Was also hoping to see if Bustech would go back to doing a Coach like this rare make of theirs but doesn't look like it...
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

@tonyp

At the end of the day, regardless of my comments, I just want to travel on a bus that is not painfully uncomfortable, and has standard cosmetics. Is it too much to ask?
385BUZ

Post by 385BUZ »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:16 pm Was also hoping to see if Bustech would go back to doing a Coach like this rare make of theirs but doesn't look like it...
The website states they will produce a 'School Bus' which if its anything like an SDi, it could be classed as acoach - maybe.

No doubt we'll get everything up here on the gold coast!
Regards,
385BUZ

1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

They already build a school bus as the SBV/ SBM.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Also why not also create threads on Express and P&D Coaches (NSW) and Gemilang (Vic)?
We do have more than three bus builders.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
AirBusTrain
Favourite Vehicle: VSTs and Commodores.

Post by AirBusTrain »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:16 pm I agree about the logo, honestly looks like one of those generic ones that was done by a logo generator.
I rest my case, your honour.
I like big bus and I can not lie.
eddy

Post by eddy »

TA3001 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:31 pm @tonyp

At the end of the day, regardless of my comments, I just want to travel on a bus that is not painfully uncomfortable, and has standard cosmetics. Is it too much to ask?
Perhaps one day you may get that most comfortable ride on a Trailerbus if anyone gets exemption to build one.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
385BUZ

Post by 385BUZ »

Here's an article regarding the rebranding of Aus Bus Group to Bustech Group. I assume this also spells the end of Precision.

https://www.busnews.com.au/industry-new ... -rebranded
Regards,
385BUZ

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Who actually now owns the Bustech Group? Are the Calabros still involved? The article shows Christian Reynolds as the chairman of the new group.
Living in the Shire.
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

I really wonder how accurate pictures/layouts are? They may simply be IT artists concept drawings as there are a couple of errors that I have noticed, just having a quick look at the new web site:

1. A 12.5mtr double deck bus could not conform to axle weights either here or most other countries for that matter.
2. The artic is also noted as a 12.5mtr bus.
3. I have doubts about the 12.5mtr urban SD bus with a single leaf front door - may be that is intentional, but I would doubt it's wide acceptance.

It is most probable that new site was designed by a non-bus IT person, but I am surprised these matters were not picked up and remedied prior to the new site release.
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Let me add a couple of words into point 1 above:

A two axle 12.5mtr Double decker bus would not conform to allowable axle weights here and probably in most other countries. Hong Kong, for example struggled with axle weights on 10.5mtr two axle (air-conditioned) double deckers and I believe the current ones may be operating with some form of exemption. Perhaps our Hong Kong friends could correct me on this, if I am wrong!
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I've seen a bunch more of the B8RLE's Bustechs for Dubbo Buslines at Volvo's Beresfield dealership the other week, they don't have any plates on them but I'd imagine their not far off from delivery (again was a week ago so they could well already be up at Dubbo)
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
385BUZ

Post by 385BUZ »

Interesting article - the ZDi has been NSW panel 3 approved. The article also has some information about the new bustech buses.

https://www.busnews.com.au/industry-new ... 3-approved
Regards,
385BUZ

tonyp

Post by tonyp »

385BUZ wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:33 pm Interesting article - the ZDi has been NSW panel 3 approved. The article also has some information about the new bustech buses.

https://www.busnews.com.au/industry-new ... 3-approved
The ZDi has been around as a prototype in Adelaide for a couple of years but it has never entered revenue service, so there must have been issues with it. These prototype buses have a fully low floor. This new ZDi has a completely different body and is only low-entry (part high-floor) but if it's still coded as a ZDi, I assume the fundamentals underneath must be the same or similar.

The models to look forward to are still the fully low floor Custom Element and Volgren Volvo for Perth. They're the only two manufacturers so far that have "got it" on functionality as a passenger transport vehicle.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Adelaide ZDi 1788 has been in service for a month or so now. Low floor until the last row. There is another one but no one is sure of its whereabouts now
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Lt. Commander Data wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:50 am Adelaide ZDi 1788 has been in service for a month or so now. Low floor until the last row. There is another one but no one is sure of its whereabouts now
Well that happened very quietly. Any rider experiences to report?

The last seat row being up on a platform doesn't negate the definition of fully low floor. I would be interested to know whether seated passengers have a problem seeing out the windows, which seems a chronic Bustech issue. Early interior photos show a very high windowline.

I read a while ago that the other prototype was in Queensland.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

It generally only does the free city loops. The window line is bad to say the least, even the back row with a step it’s difficult to see out.

I found it quiet and fairly comfortable otherwise though. Quite fast as well, as you’d expect from an EV
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868

Return to “General Transport Discussion”