It seems like Brighton Coach has acquired a Yutong C12E
LB608

Re: NSW Electric Bus Plan

Post by LB608 »

North Sydney Bus Charters own the Foton
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

Did Kinetic lost its Scots College School run?

https://www.aumanufacturing.com.au/goze ... rification

GoZero gets bank backing for bus electrification

Transport electrification group GoZero has received $80 million in asset finance facilities from the Commonwealth Bank which will fund the electrification of the bus fleets of Sydney independent schools.

The schools, including Queenwood, Knox Grammar and Scots College, through GoZero’s charter business the NSBC Group, will have their diesel buses replaced by battery electric buses as part of the deal.

Founded in 2020, GoZero is a leading manufacturer and integrator of zero emission solutions and vehicles for business and government fleets, with customers such as Transit Systems Australia, Transport for NSW, UGO Mobility, South Australian government, Tasmanian government, Woolworths and Swissport.

CEO of GoZero Stephen Cartwright said: “There has been an increased appetite for electric buses in the schools market.

“Schools are not only interested in reducing their carbon emissions, they also want a healthy and safe environment for students.

“With zero fumes and all coaches being seat belted, the GoZero electric coaches help with the overall health and well- being outcomes for students.”

According to research by The Australia Institute, buses make up 0.5 per cent of Australia’s registered vehicles, but account for up to six per cent of air pollutants and produce roughly 1.4m tonnes of CO2 equivalent pollution each year — equivalent to the ACT’s total annual emissions.

The General Manager, Major Client Group NSW at CBA Jane Thomson said: “This presents a significant opportunity for decarbonisation – replacing Australia’s bus fleet with zero emissions buses can utilise electrification technologies already available today while reducing our nation’s overall carbon footprint.”

CBA’s commitment to supports the bank’s 2030 Sustainability Funding Target (SFT).

CBA aims to deliver $70 billion in cumulative funding across a range of sustainable industries and asset types including renewables, energy efficiency, low carbon transport, commercial property, land and agriculture, waste management and sustainability-linked lending.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

BAMBAM wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:54 pmAccording to research by The Australia Institute, buses make up 0.5 per cent of Australia’s registered vehicles, but account for up to six per cent of air pollutants and produce roughly 1.4m tonnes of CO2 equivalent pollution each year — equivalent to the ACT’s total annual emissions.
If all the people who used buses instead used a car, I suspect the emissions would be astronomical in comparison ... but mustn't let the facts get in the way of a good story here! I suppose the idea is to paint conventional buses as horrible, dirty, noisy contraptions to help GoZero's bottom line.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

BAMBAM wrote: Did Kinetic lost its Scots College School run?
Appears so, North Sydney Bus Charters vehicles with Scots College signs are now laying up during the day at Edgecliff Interchange where Kinetic vehicles previously did.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

Linto63 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:07 pm
BAMBAM wrote: Did Kinetic lost its Scots College School run?
Appears so, North Sydney Bus Charters vehicles with Scots College signs are now laying up during the day at Edgecliff Interchange where Kinetic vehicles previously did.
Thanks for that, I’ve could’ve sworn they operated previously. Maybe Kinetic needs to replace their CB80’s and their diesels since they lost both Baylink Shuttle and Scots college contracts.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/5S9wzr ... tid=K8Wfd2

Channel 9 News Sydney

Apparently Go Zero is the only Electric Bus maker that’s has all products made in state.
Transport Buff
Favourite Vehicle: R9 Volvo Volgren artic

Post by Transport Buff »

BAMBAM wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:17 pm https://www.facebook.com/share/v/5S9wzr ... tid=K8Wfd2

Channel 9 News Sydney

Apparently Go Zero is the only Electric Bus maker that’s has all products made in state.

In video at 1:32, it states that NSW government wants 1700 battery electric buses by 2028.....in contrast to the 8000 by 2030 stat that was floated a few years ago....not surprised, just interesting to observe these differing numbers and timeframes....:) :)
Love Volvo B12BLEA, Mercedes O405NH, Scania K310UB, Custom Denning Element
Excited for:
-Sydney Metro C&SW, West, WSydAirport
-NIF
-PLR
-WestConnex
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@TransportBuff
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

They should be phased out by then. The spent Lithium batteries from EVs are going to be an environmental calamity the more we use them. Lead batteries can be recycled and aren't ticking time bombs whilst in use.
Apart from all that and the mining required for the increasing appetite for lithium, there is the pathetic charging infrastructure, questionable economic benefit of electric vs Ice, increased kerb weight, less passenger capacity and severely impaired range in cold climates.
Is pure one eyed green political zealotry that's pushing headlong into this train wreck.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

BAMBAM wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:17 pm https://www.facebook.com/share/v/5S9wzr ... tid=K8Wfd2

Channel 9 News Sydney

This is an advertorial, rather than a news item. The BYD dealer has been given airtime to sprout their product as if it's the only one on the market and as if it's Australian (the chassis, drive components and electronics are mostly from China or Germany). The towering high floor in their current buses is bad enough already, but they've dropped a hint here about their current quest which is to get even more batteries under the floor. Like most of the current suppliers, except Custom Denning and Volvo (chassis only), they have nfi how to design a functional passenger-compatible electric bus.
Transport Buff wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:05 pm In video at 1:32, it states that NSW government wants 1700 battery electric buses by 2028.....in contrast to the 8000 by 2030 stat that was floated a few years ago....not surprised, just interesting to observe these differing numbers and timeframes....:) :)
They revised the timeframe some time ago, in response to the obvious practicalities of arranging power supply to depots and getting the industry into full production - Sydney and outer metro in the 2030s and country by 2047. I imagine they have predicted that they might be able to get the first 1,700 buses by 2028, which sounds possible.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

tonyp wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:37 am

Channel 9 News Sydney

This is an advertorial, rather than a news item. The BYD dealer has been given airtime to sprout their product as if it's the only one on the market and as if it's Australian (the chassis, drive components and electronics are mostly from China or Germany). The towering high floor in their current buses is bad enough already, but they've dropped a hint here about their current quest which is to get even more batteries under the floor. Like most of the current suppliers, except Custom Denning and Volvo (chassis only), they have nfi how to design a functional passenger-compatible electric bus.
It’s fair game, it’s not like Custom Denning hasn’t done the same on other news channels.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

I doubt GoZero paid for it as is how an advertorial is defined, but it was a cheap filler. It's why channel 9 news (along with those of the other commercial networks) has become unwatchable, dumbed down to the nth degree. Kerry Packer would be spinning at what Nine now call news.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Refusal to acknowledge the problem using Lithium batteries won't make it go away. Replacing ICE buses and rushing headlong into this is a terrible idea.
Can't wait for the I told you so moment that is coming.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Swift wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:15 pm Refusal to acknowledge the problem using Lithium batteries won't make it go away. Replacing ICE buses and rushing headlong into this is a terrible idea.
Can't wait for the I told you so moment that is coming.
I don't think the security of batteries is the biggest problem. The major issue is the dramatic reduction in passenger capacity (of overnight-charge buses) due to the weight of the batteries, followed by the eye-watering cost of replacing the battery pack every eight years.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

This "locally built" (i.e. not) BYD Gemilang was filmed in Singapore bound for Sydney (from China via Malaysia) in 2022. Bare of seats, you can see in all its glory the terribly thought-out interior with the gigantic stairs and the rear headroom so limited that they're guaranteed to keep most of the passengers (and all standees) to crowd out the front 2/3 of the bus. I wish TfNSW would move its butt and actually set best-practice design standards, instead of leaving it to manufacturers who have little idea what they're doing. I guess the "professionals" in TfNSW have to actually know what's best practice in the first place though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws3eBNEUj2I&t
alleve
Favourite Vehicle: The Kosi Express in Thredbo

Post by alleve »

tonyp wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:24 pm This "locally built" (i.e. not) BYD Gemilang was filmed in Singapore bound for Sydney (from China via Malaysia) in 2022. Bare of seats, you can see in all its glory the terribly thought-out interior with the gigantic stairs and the rear headroom so limited that they're guaranteed to keep most of the passengers (and all standees) to crowd out the front 2/3 of the bus. I wish TfNSW would move its butt and actually set best-practice design standards, instead of leaving it to manufacturers who have little idea what they're doing. I guess the "professionals" in TfNSW have to actually know what's best practice in the first place though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws3eBNEUj2I&t
Do we know who this bus is for, and for what region? Fleetlists doesn't show it
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

alleve wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:38 pm Do we know who this bus is for, and for what region? Fleetlists doesn't show it
No idea. This is from 2022. Somebody in the video comments speculated that it was a Forest Coachlines unit.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

tonyp wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:51 pm
alleve wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:38 pm Do we know who this bus is for, and for what region? Fleetlists doesn't show it
No idea. This is from 2022. Somebody in the video comments speculated that it was a Forest Coachlines unit.
Highly unlikely because they don’t have any electric bus in the fleet. Most likely Transit Systems
moa999

Post by moa999 »

Swift wrote: The spent Lithium batteries from EVs are going to be an environmental calamity the more we use them.
Spent lithium batteries can have a second life as storage batteries, and then after that can be recycled - well over 90% recoverable.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

idontknow556

Post by idontknow556 »

Anyone knows when the CDC NSW Volvo BZLs will start entering service?

I'm guessing that Mt Kuring Gai will first get them since they already have electric buses.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

idontknow556 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:59 pm Anyone knows when the CDC NSW Volvo BZLs will start entering service?

I'm guessing that Mt Kuring Gai will first get them since they already have electric buses.
How many are they supposed to be getting? There's nothing showing in Fleet Lists about this.

Good that they're getting low floor buses though. I didn't realise, but just discovered that Ventura in Victoria has bought 27 BYDs. Holy smoke. Things were going so well in Victoria too. PTV seemed on the ball but maybe they had no control over Ventura's purchasing?
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

Kinetic's electrics in Melbourne are BYD's as well, as are Transit Systems/Sita.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Given the forum has been facing some teething technical issues as of late, I wasn't able to post this sooner put as part of the Hunter Energy Symposium taking place today and tomorrow at Newcastle City Hall, there was a Hydrogen bus from Foton for the conference attendees that would take them on a short ride around Newcastle CBD and promote the benefits of Hydrogen.

Sadly I wasn't able to capture video footage of it in action due to time constraints but I was able to head down and take some photos.

https://hunternewenergy.com.au/exhibition/

And no, the general public couldn't ride it unfortunately.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
lunchbox
Favourite Vehicle: Bicycle - no waiting - on time

Post by lunchbox »

I see the newer (?) Yutong electrics have a rear window. Trouble is, it's nearly half covered with signage!
Swift

Post by Swift »

Hydrogen makes more sense than banks of volatile Lithium batteries that are a ticking time bomb and don't last.
Battery buses, like cars are being imposed on us head long by ideologues who are ignoring the problems they will cause and we will pay for their hubris.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”