Predictions for the 2020s

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Campbelltown busboy

Re: Predictions for the 2020s

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Public housing suburbs in the Blacktown Penrith Liverpool and Campbelltown LGAs will get flattened and rebuilt thoughout the decade

American burger chain Wendy's will dip their feet into the Australian fast food market sometime in the decade

Woolworths will go full cashless

Free to air Network tv will shut down
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Oporto opens their first Albury/Wodonga store

Pizza Hut returns to Albury/Wodonga? (Did pizza hut ever have a store in Albury/Wodonga?) If pizza hut never had a store there they'll probably buy one in albury wodonga

Only one bus operater serving all of Albury/Wodonga

Another McDonalds and/or KFC in the proposed Commercial development in south Wodonga

A coles/Woolies at the proposed supermarket in Baranduda

Wodonga/Indigo shire gets a four-bin system with the fourth bin being a bin for glass, with the current yellow recycling bin being collected every week with the organics with the glass bin taking place of recycling and a possibility with Albury adopting the system as well.

More LGAs across Australia implement a FOGO (Organics Bin) and have it collected every week

Cleanaway Albury Wodonga and Benalla Merge into one Depot and Benalla and Wangaratta join the Halve Waste program

Dysons Wodonga will regain its contract to operate the school bus services within Wodonga as well as the yackendandah and dederang contract.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
MotorOmnibus8562

Cleanaway orders volvo Garbage Trucks with Bucher Bodies for Albury/Wodonga but will not replace the Raptor 2 Iveco Accos plus extra recycle bodies for the glass bins

More thomas the tank engine charactors from older series return to the show

Henry, Edward and toby gain rivets while the first two gain handrails

CDC (ComfortDelgro Cabcharge) dip their feet into Albury/Wodonga for bus contracts

Tallangatta coach operates every weekday rather than just fridays

Albuey Wodonga Bus routes AW/904, 150 and 160 operate late at night like the other albury Routes.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

- Some older Volvo B7RLE (Volgren CR228L) buses will be transferred to regional areas (TransCarnarvon, TransAlbany, TransEsperance)to replace the aging Mercedes Benz O405NH diesels.
- All CNG buses will be retired from Transperth during late 2027 due to the expiry of the gas tanks and that the fact they have driven more than 1.6 million Km on the odometer.
- The last Airbus A340 will be retired from passenger revenue service in response to a downturn in aviation passenger traffic. the COVID-19 has saw a mammoth disruption to travel around the world. Most airlines are moving into new and more cost-effective narrow-body jets.
- Volgren will expand to Singapore, Malaysia and China to build more buses in the fleet to replace the aging buses.
- The last Volgren Optimus will be delivered in 2024. Volgren will build a new body.
Campbelltown busboy

Public housing estates in Bidwill and surrounding suburbs will get knocked down and will be replaced as is happening in public housing areas in the Campbelltown area

The old Busways depot in Campbelltown will be acquired by developers on behalf of the governments Airds renewal project

The creation of a roof top transmitter where residentds are able to pick up any free to air network or pay/cable tv channel in the world
hugh45

Post by hugh45 »

The only prediction made on 1st January so far to happen was the democrats winning the election in the US.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

some older SC222 Volgrens / Custom Coaches SB400 buses will be withdrawn from service and converted to motorhomes

The uptake of low entry / low floors as motorhome buses.

We'll see a lot more on-demand services from various bus companies in different regions.

I think I've mentioned this previously but the Hunter line gets upgraded from a 2 car set to 4 car set to cope with extra demand, in non-rush hours (10 - 2PM and from 5-10 PM trains will continue to run as two car sets)

We'll eventually see another European bus maker here however their buses will only be purchased by a few small operators in limited numbers.

Uptake of more E-Ink bus signs.

by 2025 - 2026 Busways completes 95% withdrawal of their ex King-bros buses.

The NSW Endeavour set trains will be withdrawn however a 2 or 4 car set is retained for preservation purposes.

Uptake of real time next stops on buses

a fully low floor bus will be trialed here

Volvo discontinues the B7RLE & B7R range in 2021 - 2023.

More uptake for double decker buses.

First articulated bustech bus?

Technology

500GB SSD's become cheaper with them retailing now for $50 and $65 , a 1TB SSD will now cost less than $100.

Older so called "Smart TV's" will no longer be "SMART" as all support for applications will be discontinued leaving applications unable to be used and a TV to be a paperweight unless you use it for non-smart functions.

3D clothing printing becomes a thing. This will of course send a lot of clothing retailers panicking as it is feared that this will lead to them being put out of business.

Sony releases a "Slim" and "PRO" variant of their PS5 console between 2023 and 2025. When this happens the original PS5 variant will be discontinued in favor of uptake for newer variants of the console.

Microsoft announces the next windows operating system in 2025, at the same time Microsoft will also announce a home variant of their AR Hololens.

Some FTA networks will drop support for their channels that have little to no viewership, this includes shopping channels & channels that consistently play repeats.

the Playstation four (4) is discontinued around 2023 - 2025. You will still be able to access the Playstation network and storefront and play online multiplayer providing said servers for the games are still up and running.

Unlikely to happen but could still happen:

Fast food giants such as Mcdonalds, KFC, HJ's cut out ubereats / deliveroo as their delivery partners and do their own delivery.

Some more retired buses could be sent overseas.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

McDoanlds at least have already tried their own delivery. It was deemed uneconomical and thus they went with the “delivery partners option”

Note that in “regional” locations the menulog platform uses delivery drivers hired directly by McDonald’s, rather than a Menulog “partner”

Have we also not already had a full low floor bus trial? (The Citaro in Brisbane?).
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Strictly speaking, Perth has had 16 full low-floor midis 'trialed' (the DAB Midcity for the CATs), which were deemed to be successful but with high operating costs due to relative rarity, and the lone full low-floor artic (TP3002, Iveco Citelis 18 CNG) still operating today. It was known to be unreliable but it's being seen out and about more and more often now.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

My prediction is that due to their near monopoly with the Australian market, the anagram of butches will become the leading bus manufactuer globally, and send Volgren and the other body builders broke.
Campbelltown busboy

TA3001 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:19 pm My prediction is that due to their near monopoly with the Australian market, the anagram of butches will become the leading bus manufactuer globally, and send Volgren and the other body builders broke.
Your just lucky that TonyP doesn't involve himself in lunch room topics
eddy

Post by eddy »

TA3001 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:19 pm My prediction is that due to their near monopoly with the Australian market, the anagram of butches will become the leading bus manufactuer globally, and send Volgren and the other body builders broke.
Perhaps it is because other buses are 2.55m wide https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bustech and we have to pay Aussie wages.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:52 pm
Your just lucky that TonyP doesn't involve himself in lunch room topics
I would say that this isn't an opinion, but rather just a prediction (if I infer correctly, TA3001 has quite a... disdain for that company).
eddy wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:20 pmPerhaps it is because other buses are 2.55m wide https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bustech and we have to pay Aussie wages.
What do you mean by other buses are 2.55 metres wide? Perhaps globally, yes, but Bustech (and by extension, Volgren and Custom), pertaining to Australian standards, are 2.5 metres. I don't see how it proves a point, nor does the Wikipedia article you link (which most teachers would conveniently hate) provide any context.

Back to topic, I don't believe Bustech will establish a true monopoly. I'd say WA will be glued to Volgrens for a while, as the current contract expires in 2029, right at the end. If WA were to ditch Volgren, it would be either for mass Express bodies or Custom bodies, as Bustech would likely not meet the PTA's standards. At best, a duopoly would be Custom and Volgren, since Bustech don't have a major presence outside of Queensland, and now, SA. New South Wales still have major presence from each of the major three.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Butech also have their Tasmanian presence through Elphinstone which has now completed some 90 buses for Metro. It could well be that they will bid for other contracts to build there as well.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:52 pm Your just lucky that TonyP doesn't involve himself in lunch room topics
Coincidentally, I only drop into the lunch room about once every five years and today's the day! :lol:
MotorOmnibus8562

Mentioned in An Earlier post, a single bus operator serving Albury/Wodonga for route service.

CDC (Comfort Delgro Cabcharge) dipping their feet into Albury/Wodonga.

Martin's Albury Acquire another smaller local Bus operater

All Bus routes in Albury/Wodonga are renumbered

The Dysons Bus Destination files are redone, and have "Corowa" added.

The Ex Mylon CR221s snd the Martins CB80s get new LED destination signs to replace flipdots
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
JRBUS123
Favourite Vehicle: Ventura Volgren Optimus

Post by JRBUS123 »

My prediction for Melbourne Bus Contracts

I reckon Ventura or Dysons will take over Transdev Melbourne’s contract once it expires in 2022 (I believe it was extended due to COVID-19).

Would love to see Dysons running these routes for the first time, although would be happy for Ventura as well, as their buses are quite clean and comfortable (that said Transdev have improved on maintenance and cleaning since their 2017 stuff up).
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

1whoknows mentioned in Jun (& March) that Biden will win by a landslide! He did, although Trump had a lot of votes too.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
MotorOmnibus8562

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:20 pm 1whoknows mentioned in Jun (& March) that Biden will win by a landslide! He did, although Trump had a lot of votes too.
Trump has a lot of the senate seats and has pretty much manipulated the court system.

A few more predictions from me:

The Darned Proposed housing estate in Tallangatta will finally start getting built.

A Public High School in Thurgoona

McDonald's dip their feet into Thurgoona despite one in Lavington thats about 5-10 minutes away
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Well I'm going to call it and predict that early next year (January 2021) the state of NSW will go into a hard lockdown just like what Victoria went through.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Campbelltown busboy

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:24 pm Well I'm going to call it and predict that early next year (January 2021) the state of NSW will go into a hard lockdown just like what Victoria went through.
So your predicting that NSW will be put in a stage 4 lockdown next month.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Unfortunately yes if the numbers keep going up. It doesn't help that a lot of people still aren't following COVID-Safe measures and as I've mentioned in another thread were gathering around in large numbers. Until the testing results coming back there's no saying as to what else is currently lurking that hasn't been reported on yet.

It doesn't help that there's been a few mysterious cases making the rounds as well. Until the Vaccine comes in, it may just be what's needed as a temporary measure. It's going to be a rough & hard decision too make but if more mysterious cases also make rounds, the government will probably have no choice but to do it.
MotorOmnibus8562

I do see a lockdown over the holidays but not as strict as victoria as Sydney is a lot more spread out where once you pass Goulburn, Bathurst or Dungog you're in Sydney. Melbourne is Different as its a lot more densely populated than sydney, Once you pass Donnybrook/Wallan, Koo wee Rup, Sunbury, Healsville or Werribee then your in Melbourne.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

You have some funny ideas of Sydney.
Living in the Shire.
Campbelltown busboy

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:12 pm I do see a lockdown over the holidays but not as strict as victoria as Sydney is a lot more spread out where once you pass Goulburn, Bathurst or Dungog you're in Sydney. Melbourne is Different as its a lot more densely populated than sydney, Once you pass Donnybrook/Wallan, Koo wee Rup, Sunbury, Healsville or Werribee then your in Melbourne.
The borders of metropolitan Sydney are Managle Park Cataract Brooklyn Lapstone Helensburgh Bilpin Razorback and Colo Heights

Return to “The Lunch Room”