New Sydney and Outer Metro bus contracts (as from 2020)

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: New bus contracts to drive improved services (as from 2020)

Post by Swift »

I wonder will Busways order blue vinyl seats with new bus purchases for their region 7 ex government depots?
I imagine the coddled north shore customers will have a recreational whinge about it.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Kiyrri

Re: Bus Observations 2023

Post by Kiyrri »

Today marks the first day of CDC officially operating on all region 12 routes. Following news earlier in the year that around May, Transdev would cease public operation on the North Shore and hand all services over to CDCNSW. As of today, all services on Anytrip are showing as "Operated by CDC NSW." Another interesting thing is that none of the region 12 routes are showing tracking. Could this have something to do with the handover & perhaps re-fitting of tracking equipment?
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

pgt wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:08 am
marcnut1996 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:38 am
It's a shame it does not shown its other CDC NSW services such as 600 at Hornsby and the handful of region 4 routes in Macquarie Park and City etc.
I've never been fond of the maps by operator concept as in this case here, but given the region 4 entity is technically separate (saw some buses with "CDC NSW Region 4 Pty Ltd" accreditation on them), potential that if TfNSW or a contracted entity created said map it should only show the routes from that region/entity?

Plus, if you start adding those routes in, where do you stop if other region's routes are added in (albeit from different operators)?
A Sydney wide map in detail (now that would be something to see)?
Or by LGAs just like the Victorian ones, showing all bus routes regardless of operator, which is probably the most helpful to commuters.
Example: https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/more/maps/me ... area-maps/
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
alleve
Favourite Vehicle: The Kosi Express in Thredbo

Post by alleve »

marcnut1996 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:59 am
pgt wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:08 am I've never been fond of the maps by operator concept as in this case here, but given the region 4 entity is technically separate (saw some buses with "CDC NSW Region 4 Pty Ltd" accreditation on them), potential that if TfNSW or a contracted entity created said map it should only show the routes from that region/entity?

Plus, if you start adding those routes in, where do you stop if other region's routes are added in (albeit from different operators)?
A Sydney wide map in detail (now that would be something to see)?
Or by LGAs just like the Victorian ones, showing all bus routes regardless of operator, which is probably the most helpful to commuters.
Example: https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/more/maps/me ... area-maps/
Exactly, when I wanted to show a friend the bus routes in my area, I had to pull up two maps and explain the concept of bus regions and why there was overlap - if TfNSW just released maps with all operators' routes on it, it would be so much more useful for commuters. If they're intent on showing who runs what, colour code the routes.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Anyone know why cdc have started covering up the transport nsw logo up and the waratah logo with cdc decals?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Kiyrri wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:12 am Another interesting thing is that none of the region 12 routes are showing tracking. Could this have something to do with the handover & perhaps re-fitting of tracking equipment?
Either the tracking equipment or the tracking software. As posted earlier in this thread the region code has changed and the software may not recognize that.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I noticed that trips on routes 556, 575 and 579 are being tracked operated by CDC NSW which tends to rule out the software but not definitely so.

Region 4 trips are still shown as operated by Hillsbus although this name is also supposed to be done away with and replaced by CDC NSW.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:17 am Only 14 at this stage see https://fleetlists.busaustralia.com/cdc ... epotreq=MK the other 6 changes are not related to MK.
It looks as though the ex Transdev contract buses are still to come. It will be interesting to see where the the Transdev non contract buses from region 12 finish up.
The Transdev contract buses are now also included giving a total of 96 buses including two electrical buses m/o 8186 and 8187.

Except for one TV coach going to Kingsgrove, as far as I can see all other TV units and non contract buses from MK are shown in the Transdev fleet list as withdrawn as from now.
Living in the Shire.
alleve
Favourite Vehicle: The Kosi Express in Thredbo

Post by alleve »

Interesting the two Electrics went to CDC. These are CDC NSW's first electric buses, right?
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Probably. But they do have plans to buy some BZL Volgrens from a purpose-built factory in St Marys
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

https://web.archive.org/web/20230505223 ... Kuring-gai
an archived Mount Kuring-gai fleet list two weeks ago showed 110 vehicles - 5 of which were TV plated so not route buses - leaving 105 buses.
Including the 14 buses transferred from other CDC depots the new fleet list shows only 96 buses so 9 less than before. Those 14 transferred were generally a few years younger than most of the ex Transdev buses - although there were 6 that are only 20 or 21 years old so still have a few years life in them.
Living in the Shire.
idontknow556

Post by idontknow556 »

Does the new R12 contract mean early retirement for the older low-floor buses at Mt Kuring Gai depot? I noticed that in the Fleetlists that some of the O405NHs, L94UB(7646-7648) were placed into storage.

An example of what I am talking about https://fleetlists.busaustralia.com/ind ... DV&busreq=

Maybe they will eventually make their way to depots in regions 10 and 13?
Kiyrri

Post by Kiyrri »

idontknow556 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:38 pm Does the new R12 contract mean early retirement for the older low-floor buses at Mt Kuring Gai depot? I noticed that in the Fleetlists that some of the O405NHs, L94UB(7646-7648) were placed into storage.

An example of what I am talking about https://fleetlists.busaustralia.com/ind ... DV&busreq=

My guess is that Transdev has taken a few of their older busses with them, presumably to be placed in their charter fleet. As for replacements, I have heard that the B10BLE CB60s from Northmead have already been moved to Mt Ku-Ring-Gai, along with one or two K94 CR228Ls. As for new vehicles, I'd say CDC would try to get their hands on a couple of B8RLE Optimuses, like they are (supposed to have) ordered for Northmead, likely used to replace the 510s or CB60s they have just lost.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The above to posts have been moved from bus observations. The question asked in those are already being discussed in this thread.
Living in the Shire.
MotorOmnibus8562

Kiyrri wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:30 am
idontknow556 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:38 pm Does the new R12 contract mean early retirement for the older low-floor buses at Mt Kuring Gai depot? I noticed that in the Fleetlists that some of the O405NHs, L94UB(7646-7648) were placed into storage.

My guess is that Transdev has taken a few of their older busses with them, presumably to be placed in their charter fleet. As for replacements, I have heard that the B10BLE CB60s from Northmead have already been moved to Mt Ku-Ring-Gai, along with one or two K94 CR228Ls. As for new vehicles, I'd say CDC would try to get their hands on a couple of B8RLE Optimuses, like they are (supposed to have) ordered for Northmead, likely used to replace the 510s or CB60s they have just lost.
I doubt CDC will be able to order any new buses for Sydney right now considering every operator is in the situation where the government is trying to review it's bus procurement panel for zero emissions buses and the new contracts likely require all new buses to be zero emissions. They may try and source some surplus newer buses from their operations outside of Sydney. Considering they can still order some diesels for their outer metropolitan operations, chances are they may send some newer buses from their outer metropolitan operations over to Sydney to replace the missing buses.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

Fleet Lists wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:27 am
iamthouth wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:15 pm Transport Info now shows Region 12 and 14 timetables with two timetables, pre and post 21/05, with contract codes changed from 34 and 39 to 37.
https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... /560/34560
https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... /560/37560
https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... /197/39197
https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... /197/37197
I posted that back on 4th May.

I am surprised there are still no news items on either Transport for NSW or CDCNSW websites.
CDC NSW main page now has a banner that says "Welcome to CDC NSW - Mount Ku-ringgai Depot". They also announced the welcome on their Facebook page today with the same banner. That would be the closest thing to a news item that was announced.
Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/CDCNSW/posts/p ... MVRgF1KFVl
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

There is now finally a news item on the CDC website about region 14 now including region 12 https://cdcbus.com.au/welcome-to-cdc-ns ... #more-4305
Living in the Shire.
Linto63

Re: New bus contracts to drive improved services

Post by Linto63 »

Telling us exactly what we already knew.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Decisions are still being made which buses in regions 10 and 13 will stay in their region or transfer to the other region. Over the past two months some 60 buses have transferred and I believe more are to come. And this can now cover the buses from region 12 put in storage. I have just noticed that today one such bus TV 100A has gone to Kingsgrove according to the fleet lists and I suspect we can expect more such moves in the next month or so.

I have also noticed that m/o 7463 one of buses listed as going into storage, does not have current registration - it may have been reregistered.
Living in the Shire.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Looks like some Forest buses have been transferred to Mt Kuring Gai, observed a Volvo B7RLE CB80 this afternoon and CDC has a photo on their Facebook page of m/o 6926 (MAN) at the Ribbon cutting ceremony for MK.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Kiyrri

Post by Kiyrri »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:40 pm Looks like some Forest buses have been transferred to Mt Kuring Gai, observed a Volvo B7RLE CB80 this afternoon and CDC has a photo on their Facebook page of m/o 6926 (MAN) at the Ribbon cutting ceremony for MK.
Will these Forest busses eventually be re-painted into Transport NSW Livery or will they remain in the Forest livery for the entirety of their time at MT Ku-ring-gai?
MotorOmnibus8562

Maybe, if the bus needs refurbishing or has an accident that requires it to be repainted, then they'll repaint into the TfNSW livery.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Kiyrri wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:06 am Will these Forest busses eventually be re-painted into Transport NSW Livery or will they remain in the Forest livery for the entirety of their time at MT Ku-ring-gai?
I don't know about the "Green livered" forest buses themselves that are a replica of the TNSW Livery (But obviously in green & white) but the B7LRE + The MAN CB80 I saw posted on CDC's Facebook page last night were already in TNSW Livery.

Someone more local to the region / area would be more helpful in answering this than myself.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:20 am Maybe, if the bus needs refurbishing or has an accident that requires it to be repainted, then they'll repaint into the TfNSW livery.
And would be subject to the new contract which may contain repaint requirements.
Living in the Shire.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

It seems unprofessional to be running Forest livered buses at a former Hornsby Bus Group (bean counter bus company) area.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”