New Sydney and Outer Metro bus contracts (as from 2020)

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Campbelltown busboy

Re: New bus contracts to drive improved services (as from 2020)

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Fleet Lists wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:17 pm There are 13 CB60 bodied ones at Mt Kuring-gai https://fleetlists.busaustralia.com/tdv ... hes%20CB60
It could be one of those as the is no guarantee they will go to CDC.
He could be talking about one of the Connex era Bustech bodied L94UBs from the mid 2000s like the one in this linked photo
https://busaustralia.com/gallery/displa ... play_media
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Link does not work.
Living in the Shire.
Campbelltown busboy

Fleet Lists wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:21 pm Link does not work.
Try this link
https://busaustralia.com/gallery/displa ... play_media
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Still no go.
Living in the Shire.
Campbelltown busboy

What's the status of the 989 when it comes to this new region 10 contract will U-Go takeover the route or will the route still be subcontracted
alleve
Favourite Vehicle: The Kosi Express in Thredbo

Post by alleve »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:12 pm What's the status of the 989 when it comes to this new region 10 contract will U-Go takeover the route or will the route still be subcontracted
I very much doubt they'd stop subcontracting it.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:12 pm What's the status of the 989 when it comes to this new region 10 contract will U-Go takeover the route or will the route still be subcontracted
We will have to wait and see what arrangements U-Go comes to with Maianbar Bus Service.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

U-Go Mobility is advertising various positions https://www.seek.com.au/jobs?advertiserid=61591693
Most are in Kingsgrove which appears to be their head office - driver positions are advertised at Kingsgrove, Taren Point and Menai.
Living in the Shire.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

Fleet Lists wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:40 pm U-Go Mobility is advertising various positions https://www.seek.com.au/jobs?advertiserid=61591693
Most are in Kingsgrove which appears to be their head office - driver positions are advertised at Kingsgrove, Taren Point and Menai.
From their listing under Admin Roster Clerk;

The Role

Our Bus Depots operating in Region 10 (Kingsgrove, Revesby, Taren Point, Menai) are focused on offering and maintaining effective services of predesignated routes including rail replacements, school routes and charters.

Interesting, sounds like Revesby will be given to them but what about Riverwood , considering that they were successful gaining region 5.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Well I could be going 2+2= 674 but perhaps Punchbowl are keeping Riverwood for their charter fleet and TSA may not need Revesby depot so in that case Revesby could be used by Ugo for the former Punchy runs. But as with all these things its a wait and see.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I thought that Revesby was actually region 10 now so would be an automatic transfer to U -Go. Routes 923. 924 and other routes in the Revesby area are region 10. But would it be big enough to handle all the current region 5 routes? Perhaps Kingsgrove can handle routes in the eastern end of region 5.

I spoke with a Punchbowl driver during the past week and he told me that Punchbowl would be retaining the Riverwood depot.
Living in the Shire.
Linto63

Re: New bus contracts to drive improved services

Post by Linto63 »

Given that the new operators will be operating more or less the same sized fleets as their predecessors, there will be limited scope for depots to be closed. Not initially, but down the track, the operations of the subsumed operators will most likely be rearranged, so in the case of the former region 5 routes, they will probably be split over multiple depots.

Long term it may be planned to build new depots as happened in regions 2, 3 and 15 last time around. Existing depots may be leased short term as happened in region 3 where the former Metro-link depot was used for a while, or as happened in regions 3 and 15, alternative premises leased while new depots are built.

The only new depot so far confirmed is one in Macquarie Park that presumably will bring about the closure of a CDC depot or two.
Campbelltown busboy

Fleet Lists wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:41 am I thought that Revesby was actually region 10 now so would be an automatic transfer to U -Go. Routes 923. 924 and other routes in the Revesby area are region 10. But would it be big enough to handle all the current region 5 routes? Perhaps Kingsgrove can handle routes in the eastern end of region 5.

I spoke with a Punchbowl driver during the past week and he told me that Punchbowl would be retaining the Riverwood depot.
What suburb is closest to Campsie when it comes to the depot that U-Go would run the 942 out of
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Fleet Lists wrote: I spoke with a Punchbowl driver during the past week and he told me that Punchbowl would be retaining the Riverwood depot.
Of which there are two, the original 56 Hannans Road and newer 189 Bonds Road.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

I’ll go on a wild punt here and guess that PBC will be retaining their home cottage on 56 Hannans Rd and U-Go will be taking 189 Bonds Rd.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

Isn’t Hannans Road Depot the main depot with fuelling capability while Bonds Road just a storage depot for buses overnight and weekends when not needed?

Maybe we all jumping the gun, who knows, just wait and see I guess.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:26 am
Fleet Lists wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:41 am I thought that Revesby was actually region 10 now so would be an automatic transfer to U -Go. Routes 923. 924 and other routes in the Revesby area are region 10. But would it be big enough to handle all the current region 5 routes? Perhaps Kingsgrove can handle routes in the eastern end of region 5.

What suburb is closest to Campsie when it comes to the depot that U-Go would run the 942 out of
Kingsgrove may be slightly closer bur It does not matter as the other end of the route Lugarno is closer to Riverwood.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:25 am I’ll go on a wild punt here and guess that PBC will be retaining their home cottage on 56 Hannans Rd and U-Go will be taking 189 Bonds Rd.
Bonds Road is not a depot in the true sense of the word as it is just an overnight storage place for buses. I dont think U-Go will want to use that in the longer term.
Living in the Shire.
Campbelltown busboy

Could Transit Systems take on the old Busways Campbelltown depot for region 15 and make it a electric bus only depot. There will be no way that Busways would own that depot anymore
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Stu wrote: Today I saw an older model Scania from Transdev (L94UB from the Connex era) that had both the fleet number removed and the Transdev decal removed.
Of the half a dozen or so pre-2005 Transdev m/o registered buses I noted in region 12 today, all retained their fleet numbers and Transdev decals, so that sighting may have been a one-off. While like many other operators, CDC has taken delivery of no new buses in Sydney recently, it has received plenty at its other operations, so conceivable that it may be able to source enough buses internally without taking on any Transdev owned buses.

One the Metro extension opens next year, a sizeable number of region 4 buses should be released as the M2 services are reduced. As is becoming the common theme om this thread, we will have to wait and see.
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

Linto63 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:54 am The only new depot so far confirmed is one in Macquarie Park that presumably will bring about the closure of a CDC depot or two.
Macquarie Park not for CDC. My assumption is that it is to allow Willoughby to be fully electrified by moving out part or all of the fleet, and following that Ryde to be fully electrified moving part of the fleet.

CDC did propose a depot at Rouse Hill, but not sure how that is progressing.
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/2302822
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:16 pm Could Transit Systems take on the old Busways Campbelltown depot for region 15 and make it a electric bus only depot. There will be no way that Busways would own that depot anymore
May not be owned by busways, but might be used by someone else that isn't a bus company
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Campbelltown busboy

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:32 pm
Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:16 pm Could Transit Systems take on the old Busways Campbelltown depot for region 15 and make it a electric bus only depot. There will be no way that Busways would own that depot anymore
May not be owned by busways, but might be used by someone else that isn't a bus company
It's a surprise that the developer that bought up all the bushland that was east of the depot for the NSW governments renewal project of near by public housing suburbs of Airds and Bradbury didn't also get the depot
Here's what I'm on about
https://urbangrowthnsw.com.au/work/urba ... dbury.aspx
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

We are getting off topic so the end of this discussion and back to the new bus contracts.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:40 pm U-Go Mobility is advertising various positions https://www.seek.com.au/jobs?advertiserid=61591693
Oops - Revesby is also listed for driver positions.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”