What makes you happy today?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

xtrance

Re: What makes you happy today?

Post by xtrance »

Swift wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:19 am Trying out this new chip flavour. Two thumbs up from me!!
Looks very delicious 8) Inside it's probably even tastier))
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

xtrance wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:55 pm
Swift wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:19 am Trying out this new chip flavour. Two thumbs up from me!!
Looks very delicious 8) Inside it's probably even tastier))
It's supreme. Worth buying full price -but I don't!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
xtrance

Post by xtrance »

Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:29 pm Yes actually someone mentioned something like that the other day to me.
I still like my old cars to and more so;
https://youtu.be/cI8QXp3xHq4
The feeling you get one people try to steal or damage your car;
https://youtu.be/oezKQEF0deY
I named my car Christine, One night when I took her out for a long drive to go see some mates to have a bomb fire and some wine, near the house that I rented here.
During that night one of my mates asked
"Have you got a name for her ? and I said
"No, I'm not sure yet then that mate walked over to my car and basically started picking on me saying "I'm gonna touch her up etc putting his hands near the bonnet and the doors etc and I said the usual "Keep your filthy hands to yourself!
It was a hot night with no wind and while he was picking on me touching up my driver's side door I kid you not it flew open and hit him in the nuts
and he screamed "You 🤬 bast*d why'd you do that for ? and I'm like "Mate I'm right over here next to the bomb fire I didn't do anything and then the name came to me "Christine,
My car was owned by a monsignor for many years so it could be possessed by a demon etc ??
I love old cars! Even new models don't catch the eye as much)) And the track (Bad To The Bone) is well chosen, from the Terminator movie, if I'm not mistaken.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Picking up Unleaded fuel (not E10) for $1.62L, bout as cheap as chips as I see it getting right now.

I don't see it getting any lower for the foreseeable future with the conflict still going so seeing it this cheap does save me some money.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:33 am Picking up Unleaded fuel (not E10) for $1.62L, bout as cheap as chips as I see it getting right now.
Where at? I got it for 165.9¢ /l at United west Gosford.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

I find it harder & harder to get LPG GAS IN WEST GOSFORD & was told yesterday at the end of june no more LPG GAS due to it costs to much to renew the tanks our car is fully LPG GAS.
Last edited by captainch on Thu May 11, 2023 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Swift wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:39 am Where at? I got it for 165.9¢ /l at United west Gosford.
Not far from Beresfield near Tarro, sometimes the stations around there will drop to $1.60 by late at night for whatever reason.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

captainch wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:37 pm I find it harder & harder to get LPG GAS IN WEST GOSFORD & was told yesterday at the end of jine no more LPG GAS due to it costs to much to renew the tanks our car is fully LPG GAS.
I had a loan car on LPG last year and I had to drive from Ettalong Beach to Wyoming to fill up the night before returning it and to top it off, there was a prang with police in attendance on the road toward there and had to detour -wasn't hard though but it did add to the drama.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Also LPG gas went up on MONDAY from $1.01 a lite to $1.09 not that I'm complaining cheeper than petrol notice you hardly see tradies with LPG utes anymore either.!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Swift

Post by Swift »

Stupid government putting excise on it spelt the end of the good days when it was less than half the cost of petrol.
It cost me $2.00 fuel round trip Cheltenham to Willoughby in the late 1990s in a 4.0 litre Valiant.
The holiday is over.

Plus engines last longer and oil stays cleaner!
Swift

Post by Swift »

This pin badge from yesteryear arriving in the mail.
IMG_20230705_172935_copy_992x560.jpg
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Yesterday making to Wonderbyne (Finally). Would've loved to hang around longer than the hour I was there for but an influx of tourists also decided to get off another train kinda ruining the serenity making it difficult to get photographs of the station and passing trains.

The day was later made up by getting V-set 15 again (Hope I remembered it correctly) with DKM 8143 which has those prototype sliding carriage doors. No they don't function anymore and are permanently stuck open so you do get a lot of noise in DKM 8143 in particular coming from the Vestibule which also has metal sliding doors of it's own instead of the usual gangway doors featured on the rest of the V-sets.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:54 am Yesterday making to Wonderbyne (Finally). Would've loved to hang around longer than the hour I was there for but an influx of tourists also decided to get off another train kinda ruining the serenity making it difficult to get photographs of the station and passing trains.
There is no "wonder" about it - it is called Wondabyne.
Living in the Shire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:54 am Yesterday making to Wonderbyne (Finally). Would've loved to hang around longer than the hour I was there for but an influx of tourists also decided to get off another train kinda ruining the serenity making it difficult to get photographs of the station and passing trains.

The day was later made up by getting V-set 15 again (Hope I remembered it correctly) with DKM 8143 which has those prototype sliding carriage doors. No they don't function anymore and are permanently stuck open so you do get a lot of noise in DKM 8143 in particular coming from the Vestibule which also has metal sliding doors of it's own instead of the usual gangway doors featured on the rest of the V-sets.
A pity tourist pests had to come along and spoil the serenity.
That car you described is part of the final batch built under the ABB name (Asea Brown Boveri) to finish the long standing order.
I remember noticing trains in Spain with the ABB nameplate.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Swift wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:12 pm A pity tourist pests had to come along and spoil the serenity.
It's School Holidays until the end of this week so that explains why people were going there. I didn't feel like going there on Weekends as the frequency of passing trains isn't great and the CCN line is only ran with Oscars on the weekend so no chance of getting a lovely photo of a passing V-Set. Not sure how often a freighter would go pass either but seeing as I was only there for an hour yesterday and only got one who knows heh.

the station itself isn't going anywhere of course so plenty of opttunties to revisit it at a better time.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Seeing an all too rare video clip of an AEC 8 x 4 Mammoth Major lorry in action.
https://youtu.be/LOEYGxiJmcE
scott

Post by scott »

Carlton beating Collingwood last night.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Finding that the older B10BLE Ansairs in Sydney may still appear to have their old Luminator destination boards, you can tell because of the way they scroll between displays.

I believe when the lot of B10's were delivered to Newcastle over a decade ago they already had theirs long replaced at that point.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Finally.

After nearly a decade of being flogged by new CB80s on one side of the Cumberland line and new VSTs on the other, just saw the good news after waking up this morning that my home region of Region 3 FINALLY has a group of Volgren Optimus, successfully transferred from R6. And appropriately for Fairfield, they’re ex-CDC.

I’m going to really enjoy this.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift

Post by Swift »

After reading of your despair for a long time Banksfielderidiot823, I'm genuinely glad to hear the sun is finally poking through the clouds.
Be thankful you're not in Adelaide.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Coming from the land of Volgrens, I can only say I'm always happy to see some CC-bodied buses; but each to their own, of course :)
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Swift wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:13 am After reading of your despair for a long time Banksfielderidiot823, I'm genuinely glad to hear the sun is finally poking through the clouds.
Be thankful you're not in Adelaide.
Cheers Swift. It surely has been a long time.

And yes, if I need to be in Adelaide, I’m grabbing my BF Falcon, full stop; I am not touching their bus network with a 50km pole.
Merc1107 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:45 pm Coming from the land of Volgrens, I can only say I'm always happy to see some CC-bodied buses; but each to their own, of course :)
Yeah, absolutely.

And speak of a land of Volgrens; just as the last Transdev services to operate in Cronulla a month ago before U-Blow took charge were a couple of CR228Ls (5352 on the 985 and 5420 on the 971), the last Fairfield-bound 905 tonight (and subsequently the last Transdev service to operate in Fairfield altogether) was 5332.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Well to be fair, Adelaide does have one Optimus, Volvo B8RLE #2451. We also have a number of older Volgrens with CR222L, CR224L and CR228L bodies.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Merc1107 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:45 pm Coming from the land of Volgrens, I can only say I'm always happy to see some CC-bodied buses; but each to their own, of course :)
Where I am from, it is vastly turning into Volvo capital :lol: , we're losing our Mercedes and MAN's due to reaching their end of life span and being replaced with Volvo B8RLE's. At least within Sydney you don't have to travel by far to enter the next region where there's actually newer Mercedes & all running.

Can't blame operators much when Volvo(s) already makes up the majority of their fleet and has high reliability and strong brand name image to boot, Mercedes is out of the Australian market with no foreseeable return, MAN isn't as much loved as they use to be & Iveco only gets love from regional operators, Scania seems to also be falling down there with MAN.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Wow, so I'm in a privileged position here in Busways land on the central coast with the last brand new O500 LEs we'll see mixed with MANs with both Voith DIWA and ZF Ecolife options as well as two bodies CC & BT) on the same (or almost) MAN underpinnings.
No Volgrens except Entrance Red Ivecos occasionally if I venture out of the peninsula part of the central coast.
All Entrance Red buses have hubodometers -lucky me and they make a regular appearance in my area taking school children to sports etc.
The Busways O500s run outside my home all the time and having ridden them thrice, they are absolutely lovely sweet units with their quite stylish looking Endeavor bodies.

Return to “The Lunch Room”