What makes you happy today?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What makes you happy today?

Post by Swift »

They're very smart birds. Also very devious. They took our resident duck's three ducklings all on separate occasions. I interrupted one once and chased it away.

Now back to what makes me happy.
Watching this.
https://youtu.be/i3PQa3bEOvk
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

over the past month there have been a couple guys on here whining about Australia Post, on 14/10/2021 i had a parcel posted to me from Ingleburn to New Zealand with a estimated delivery date 10/11/2021.
Yes parcel arrived today 28/10/2021.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

That it is the 1st of December 2021 today and only 25 more days until I go away on a much needed Holiday. The on-coming days will definitely drag out because Christmas is around the corner but of course I'll push on and hey Presto it'll soon be December 25th, Christmas Day.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Have had a very lovely & memorable day, Done a walk over the Sydney Harbour Bridge (Might seem like nothing great but given I'm from outer Sydney I was very excited to have done it). Rode a Custom Denning Element from STA, found the other Custom Denning Element in Service in STA within minutes of hopping off one, Saw 2112 ST and later came across 2111 ST.

I think that's my good luck about used up, don't think I'll be able to top this off again.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Seeing a Vlocity in Albury yesterday and even being able to set foot on one, It was the very first time I've ever been on a Vlocity so setting foot on one is exciting for me
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
eddy

Post by eddy »

Today the moderator in the International Maglev Board forum approved my comment in Maglev versus Air travel between any two end points?
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
acrockett

Post by acrockett »

Swift wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:34 pm The fan clutch was replaced on mine several years ago emitting a nice sounding roar. Next time it wears out though, I'll be fitting thermo fans as the viscous fan saps performance. The EL thermo fan assembly bolts in neatly without having to do away with the top half of the shroud, allowing you to preserve the original look of the engine bay.
Have you fitted thermo fans now? Pro's and cons?
Swift

Post by Swift »

acrockett wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:12 pm
Swift wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:34 pm The fan clutch was replaced on mine several years ago emitting a nice sounding roar. Next time it wears out though, I'll be fitting thermo fans as the viscous fan saps performance. The EL thermo fan assembly bolts in neatly without having to do away with the top half of the shroud, allowing you to preserve the original look of the engine bay.
Have you fitted thermo fans now? Pro's and cons?
No, probably won't as the current one was replaced only a few years ago and it functions fine for what it is.

Watching useless oxygen depleting parasites getting theirs.
https://youtu.be/wgtplypqpBU
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Saw a black Mercedes SUV (land yacht size) with the hazard lights on when I was walking to Coles. When I got to the car I noticed the driver was on her phone. Almost had to do a double take - someone, in suburban Melbourne of all places, actually stopped their car, in an open parking space (as opposed to right next to a No Standing sign or a bus stop), put it in park, put the hazard lights on, and then answered their phone? This is the same city where people routinely drive cars into houses and try to fit 4-metre tall trucks underneath 3-metre bridges.

Of course, Melbourne didn't take long to revert back to normal. About twenty minutes later I saw a left-turning Land Cruiser blocking a roundabout, with cars either end of it bumper-to-bumper all the way to the next intersection (also at left, as the supermarket entrance is straight ahead from the Land Cruiser's perspective), said Land Cruiser also stopping cars to its right from being able to turn towards the supermarket. Traffic took about three minutes to dissipate.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:38 pm
acrockett wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:12 pm Have you fitted thermo fans now? Pro's and cons?
No, probably won't as the current one was replaced only a few years ago and it functions fine for what it is.
As much as the old clutch fans can sap power, there can be no doubt as to their efficacy at moving large volumes of air when fully locked up. I'd like to see electric fans move that much air without catching fire :twisted:
MotorOmnibus8562

Visiting Sydney over the weekend and with free public Transport too :) I managed to accumulate plenty of content for my YouTube.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Swift

Post by Swift »

Merc1107 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:48 pm
Swift wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:38 pm
As much as the old clutch fans can sap power, there can be no doubt as to their efficacy at moving large volumes of air when fully locked up. I'd like to see electric fans move that much air without catching fire :twisted:
You can certainly hear the roar of the air flow. What's strange is it's active on start up when it's least needed.
It was fun taking it one time on the old Pacific highway on the climb from Brooklyn to Cowan with the windy road applying power on and off and hearing it activate. You knew it was doing it's job watching the temp gauge go down from well over half way back down to mid way. Lucky its a cast iron block and not an alloy head.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

After a stressful & tense work week, I'm glad it's finally the weekend again & to top it off what better way to celebrate the first day of the weekend than catching up with some friends.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Savour Saturdays as it's not as nice on the Sunday knowing the next day is work again. Weekends go too fast.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

This morning my order from Transit Graphics arrived that consists of their very latest Optimus models.

Very lovely & detailed lot & first time I've finally been able to obtain a Volgren Optimus model since I wasn't into model collecting when the original lot was first released.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I'm not a fan of the Optimus (don't like the name either), but they would look striking as a model and their quality had probably improved since the days they started with Mercedes mark V and IV.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Well, a case from yesterday, bust just for once, being able to come flying down the Dandy line on a Comeng (EDI, Stage 2) instead of the awful H**h C******y M***o T***n
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Trying out this new chip flavour. Two thumbs up from me!!
IMG_20220924_194734_copy_564x1000.jpg
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Don't eat the whole bag, unless you want to post in "What Gives you the Shits!?" tomorrow :lol:
MotorOmnibus8562

Watching the new Heartbreak High reboot on Netflix. I loved the new series and the characters. It's apparently so popular they now want to make a second series, some scenes were a little confronting but it was a great series nonetheless.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Riding an A-set the other day in Sydney and getting this train guard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyNEEqz3qg4 (6 year old video)

I thought I Recognised the voice from somewhere, nice to see this guard is still with us.
MotorOmnibus8562

Stumbling across a Facebook post about a social issue and the comments section is not full of vile comments.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Swift

Post by Swift »

Finally tracking down this vid I couldn't find.
Overheating London Metrobus being tended to.
https://youtu.be/jK4HywPRgrA
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Enjoyed Government Bus day yesterday at the Sydney Bus Museum as well as a ride on a Mercedes O305, MAN SL202 & Leyland.

Also seeing ex STA 3532 (Now owned by JT) & an old Newcastle friend m/o 3405

Pity about the rainfall but hopefully SBM will continue with this traditional event again next year, really loved it.
xtrance

Post by xtrance »

Today, as a bus driver, what makes me happy is knowing that I play a crucial role in connecting people to their destinations. Seeing the smiles on passengers' faces when they board my bus and the gratitude they express when they disembark brings me joy.

Additionally, I love being able to navigate through the city and enjoy the ever-changing scenery, while helping to reduce traffic congestion and emissions by promoting public transportation. The sense of community that exists among my fellow drivers and the satisfaction of a job well done at the end of the day also contribute to my happiness.

Return to “The Lunch Room”