What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

More stuck up people moving into the central coast from Sydney. Every time I go to my local IGA it's teeming with arrogant ex Sydney suburbanites who think their sh!t doesn't smell like sh!t! The more I avoid them the better my well being.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Police officers on speed radar gun duty and mobile speed camera vehicles that intentionally park at the bottom of a hill to catch drivers that forget that cars gain speed when going downhill
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:42 pm Every time I go to my local IGA it's teeming with arrogant ex Sydney suburbanites who think their sh!t doesn't smell like sh!t!
Are they upset a tin of tuna costs 2¢ more than in the State's capital?
Swift

Post by Swift »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:43 am Police officers on speed radar gun duty and mobile speed camera vehicles that intentionally park at the bottom of a hill to catch drivers that forget that cars gain speed when going downhill
That's yet another scourge that exposes how overrated Australia is that this nonsense still goes on and Australians just sit there collectively and accept this draconian programne.
The governor of Texas (now that's a true caring patriotic state) has banned speed and red light cameras because they were actually causing more accidents with people jamming on the anchors suddenly on an amber and getting rear ended.
Merc1107 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:45 am
Swift wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:42 pm Every time I go to my local IGA it's teeming with arrogant ex Sydney suburbanites who think their sh!t doesn't smell like sh!t!
Are they upset a tin of tuna costs 2¢ more than in the State's capital?
No, they just carry their usual air of superiority simply because they think they're chosen.
At least the English aristocracy has some genuine cred to it. The Aussie Hyacinth Bucket snobs get my goat.
Last edited by Swift on Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

There's a simple solution, though, don't exceed the speed limit.

Although red light cameras are a nuisance. Not all lights 'read' easily - some will change the instant there is a second or two gap in traffic, others sit on green for an eternity, fooling you into slowing down, fearing a 'stale green', only to be embarrassed as you come close to a halt without the light changing!
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Merc1107 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:28 pm There's a simple solution, though, don't exceed the speed limit.

Although red light cameras are a nuisance. Not all lights 'read' easily - some will change the instant there is a second or two gap in traffic, others sit on green for an eternity, fooling you into slowing down, fearing a 'stale green', only to be embarrassed as you come close to a halt without the light changing!
People have to learn how many times to get on and off the breaks when going downhill and how low they have to let the speed go before getting off the breaks and let the downhill roll creep the speed up if they have wiped off too much speed in the case of heavy breaking
Swift

Post by Swift »

The drop in quality of McRonalds coffee. The McCafe at Woy Woy is hardly operating if at all and it's made near the drive thru window now. Told the girl serving how I had noticed the drop since covid and asked why the McCafe was not open to which she mumbled some unintelligible explanation. Her face dropped to a look of visible irritation when I made the remark about the drop in quality and how it used to be good.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

stopped going to woy woy maccas 2 years ago the food was getting worse things missing from order staff could not care less then tried west gosford maccas you order then have to park in bay up to 20 mins latter you get what you order have given maccas a miss 6 months ago the oil they use tastes vile no maccas for me or burger king 2 mins a way the other fast food DO NOT GET is DOMINOS PIZZA.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
scott

Post by scott »

I ate some Dominos pizza at an end of year work break up and never again- tasteless and you could fold the slices in half at least three times. We requested a Pizza Hut pizza the following year.

The local independent Pizza shop or in an emergency, Pizza Hut are my go-to Pizza places now.
Last edited by scott on Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swift

Post by Swift »

You can get lucky sometimes. Mc Don's Woy Woy served me a great Classic Angus the other week with very nice crisp fries. The last couple of times have not been good. They always seem to burn the buns underneath and the fries are floppy.
Hungry Jack's West Gosford did a brilliant whopper with cheese not long before. Possibly the best ever. It was spot on.
The time before a girl threw my order at me with a bitchy look on her dial for no reason. Other staff hostile and smart arsey in demeanor.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Transferred B10BLE to HVB Goes out on revenue run, I line up for a photo of it, cars in the turning lane block a nice clear photo shot of the bus and results in a very annoyed Scaniagrenda who just walked all that way for a photo and achieved nothing.

Oh well, I did get a photo of the same B10BLE the other week, would have been nicer to get it again in a nicer photo scenic point.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Another random rant today.

Sometimes, just some public transport people in general. And by people, I mean foamers, kiddos, MPs, etc. At times, in such sheer hilarity because of their usual naive and blind defence (or even lack thereof.)

Just had a post of mine on a r3dd1t sub deleted by the mods. My comment: “Typical Imported-Gemilang-Decker-ordered-by-TfNSW situation”

The post in question? A picture taken of a low-hanging CCTV camera on the lower deck of a B-Line Eco-Deck MAN; this camera being low enough and in a right place to smack people’s heads as they’re walking past. Just a testament to the easy-way-out cheap options being taken by TfNSW at the cost of commuters.

I don’t know why the mods decided to get rid of it and I’m not up for chasing for a reason why, because honestly I’ve got bigger fish to fry (such as celebrating the decade-awaited Volg Optimus service in Fairfield and Collingwood’s 16th flag), but this just reminded me of the nonsensical foaming over much of the new stuff the last few years.

I know everyone has every right to their opinion on which bus they like best and why they do, but bloody hell. The amount of online foamers, town planners and heads that will run and tumble over minefields to defend some new trains and buses and find excuses for their faults just for the basis of being NEW or flashy or “the cool thing” is mind-boggling.

It’s almost like somewhere in Mosman or Toorak some resident overrates some tiny piece of bread with some fancy chef’s name on it and takes pride in it, but refuses to accept a same quality (or even superior) bread just because it came from a bakery in Dandenong or Penrith.

These are the same d***heads that will happily raise hell against anything local with any first-world issue just for the sake of complaining. Like…
- Custom buses merely for their steps being too steep
- Volgren buses just for rattling (which by the way inevitably happens with every bus at some point; never mind model or bodybuilder)
- Bustech’s original ULFs just for being old (yes; the actual decent bodies that Bustech used to do)
- Comengs, K-Sets or V-Sets for being “ancient” and “outdated”
- T-Set Tangaras for their fixed seating (no; you’re not being “forced” to seat backwards. You just don’t want to grab that seat even though it’s the only one free with enough space to keep to yourself? That’s your problem.)

yet, they will happily…
- call some Gemilang BYD or a Yutong E12 “tHe BeSt BuS eVeR!!1”, even though a particular one may have not even seen a single month in service and depending on circumstances probably may not last beyond 15 years, much less 25
- Overrate, to the point of even worshipping, the Waratahs and HCMTs, just because they’re the newest kid on the block, even though they’ve already demonstrated an array of problems

…without giving any rational or reasonable explanation as to why.

With buses, at least some things seem to have improved on the Bustech ground. While I still hate the living hell out of VSTs with a burning passion, some have voiced out why they really like the VSTs (particularly when a Volvo chassis is involved) which is to be respected. (And yes, I’m with youse there. At least getting the slight bounce and sway on a Bustech-bodied Volvo B8RLE is the lesser of two evils when the only other option is to nearly die on a probably stolen Bustech-bodied Scania K280UB.) And even though much of the VSTs features are questionable at best, it is at least built to last under Aussie conditions just like a Volg, Custom, Denning or PMC, given Bustech is, after all, an Australian builder.

Much of the Gemilang and Yutong kids however? Not a hope in hell of getting an answer out of them.

Seriously, one cannot simply speak a critical word of the Gemilang deckers, electrics, Yutongs, Waratahs or HCMTs nowadays without being subject to a firing squad just because they’ve made the death-sentencing sin of merely criticising any of these protected species. Something to the tune of ‘Ohh, you miserable boomer, this bus/train is better than your ancient 2000s junk because it has charger ports, it’s new, it looks like a spaceship, it has flashing lights, it has large screens, it saves the planet’ Ahh, give me a spell.

Moral of the story, if someone out there wants to proclaim a bus or a train as the objectively best, then they better give a damn good, educated reason why. Don’t just give some subjective answer and assume that everyone in the entire world needs to think the same way.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:27 amVolgren buses just for rattling (which by the way inevitably happens with every bus at some point; never mind model or bodybuilder)
If a bus rattles after its accrued a million kilometres or so, no complaints from me. If a bus (or multiple buses) of the same make, model, and body, are delivered rattling like jackhammers, and squeaking away like styrofoam boxes, because of crappy construction quality, or poor quality of materials used in construction, that's a completely different kettle of fish; all the more so when they're "Proudly" Made in Australia.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I'll take proudly fully imported if it's better made.

BTW really enjoyed your post Banksfielderidiot823. Some much needed truth spoken very well.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:56 amBTW really enjoyed your post Banksfielderidiot823. Some much needed truth spoken very well.
BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:27 am Moral of the story, if someone out there wants to proclaim a bus or a train as the objectively best, then they better give a damn good, educated reason why. Don’t just give some subjective answer and assume that everyone in the entire world needs to think the same way.
Agreed - woe betide anyone who goes against the grain of some established consensus (even with demonstrably-false grounds) in the enthusiast community.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

What on earth is with motorists on the freeway where as soon as you flick your indicator on to overtake a slow vehicle in front / ahead of you, the driver behind you decides to do the same and pulls out onto the overtaking lane before you can?

Annoys me to no end
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Attempting to source an official battery replacement for my less than 5 year old DLSR is proving to be a pain in the rear end. JB-HI-FI who use to stock it don't now (page listing 404's for it) shortage / stock supply they say hence the 404 (Not found). The less than 3 camera retailers who have the genuine battery left for my model charge more than JB did when they stocked it and that leaves the market of terrible fly by the night 3rd party unbranded ones whose quality is questionable given it's not only unbranded but what testing has it have to comply with regulations and won't kill my camera?

Might just have to take the loss and pay the extra from one of the 3 who still have it, would rather not kill my camera or need to buy more accessories (yet a separate charger dock) for a 3rd party knockoff.
captainch

Post by captainch »

What a hairaising trip got of the train today waited for our local bus I'M a bus driver for over 50 years a young driver pulled up at the stop he screamed at passengers to hurry up get on most were elderly people were still standing on the step as he slammed the door and took off I WAS STANDIND just behing him stop I'M 80 I was ok but others were getting tossed around like corks on the ocean he weaved in & out like a mad man the whole time he was talking I thought he was talking to me I said pardon he was talking in indian because I NOTICED THE MOBILE PHONE EAR PIECES this went on for 10ks at my stop 2 elderly woman asked him to stop closer to the gutter he stopped in the middle of the rd. as I GOT OFF I SAID THANKS YOUR ON FILM SHOWING HIM MY MOBILE PHONE on arriving home drove to our local police stn showed them the mobile phone 1 hour latter I came home tomorrow calling into our bus company will show them film & lay a complaint also will be showing our local state member & transport for NSW if this is the new bus drivers any wonder I have not travelled buy bus since 2012. had to use them my car was in for service I HEARD neighbours talk about bad bus drivers today had it & seen it in person.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

You're absolutely in the right to report someone for that. It's one thing to drive with excessive spirit, but completely different to have a nasty attitude towards passengers or even to be talking on the phone while you drive. I've never understood how some people never seem to stop talking to someone on the phone; they're the same types that talk loudly on the phone (or even use speaker...) and disrupt the peace in driver's meal facilities.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

When someone gets on the bus/tram/train talking endlessly on their phone for the next 40 minutes of the trip, dialed up to 11 in Hindi at the speed of the auctioneer in Storage Wars, only stopping every so often for a quarter of a second to breathe. Yes, she finally got off, and yes, she continued yapping ad infinitum into the phone until out of sight (and vocal range).
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

I wonder how some people always seem to be on the phone to somebody, somewhere. Do they like the sound of their own voice or what!?
Swift

Post by Swift »

Channel Nine's blatant hatchet job on Donald Trump tonight on his association with Richard Pratt, alleging he divulged some secrets in casual conversation.
What president hasn't done that?
Donald Trump shall continue being my favourite president in history and his legend status won't abate.
I love how he upsets the left. Makes me joyous.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Central coast fuel prices staying 20 -30¢ per litre higher than in Sydney. I noticed petrol at 1.879 for E10 from the train at Hornsbywhile the cheapest I can find here is 1.999 at West Gosford while the rest is 2.059 -2.179 .
captainch

Post by captainch »

its $1.05c a lite for LPG GAS at west gosford but was told when the gas tanks expire end of nov there not being renewed our ford is a 2010 model so we will have to look past wyong for gas then its slowly being deleated from servos.
captainch

Post by captainch »

With having 55 years in the transport industry I put myself down for a TRANSPORT FOR NSW SEMINAR in gosford On attending the room was full of mostly seniors THEY HAD AFTERNOOON TEA there IT WAS run by 3 people from TRANSORT FOR NSW I think the last time they used a bus was a couple of years ago going to school I HAD experience in running the transport at the olympic village/ the easter show at homebush for 10 yeras/& many rail replacement buses each time I related to someting of matter I was put down the main talk was little old ladys wanting the bus to go down their street or the bus stop moved to their front door nothing about trains /buses not connecting or changing some bus routes to were they are needed. anyway after half a hour walked out any wonder our public transport system is stuffed. in newcastle the local govt buses many trips cancelled so they could run special buses to the paul mc cartney concert stuff the normal passengers.& they say PRIVATISATION IS GREAT!

Return to “The Lunch Room”