What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Ah, today's what gives me the S#!ts,

Hearing about plans for a DAN MURPHYS STORE in place of where there are already plans for a Cinema and entertainments where I live, Why the F do we need another ALCOHOL and Drug store when there are Literally at least TWO BOTTLE SHOPS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF WHERE THAT STORE WOULD BE PLACED (one being a First choice store and the other being a local pub, I hope the local council denys Dan Murphys approval of that store, especially when I already see broken glass bottles around the area, I feel bad for the nearby residents who have to deal with seeing smashed glass and drunk thugs around their houses, I feel bad especially those who have young children and pets. I feel sorry for the families whose dreams have been shattered by this ridiculous plan. Plus not only will having an extra bottle shop increase the crime but local businesses will not be able to financially benefit from it compared to a cinema and entertainment complex being built there which will provide multiple business opportunities.

From what I hear from people around town where I live they've been begging for a Cinema for years.
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Bububububuh Dan Murphy's is losing business because of COVID-19!

Actually, the main reason is that Dan Murphy's = Woolies, and they can't stand the fact that First Choice (Coles) is making money without them.
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Not being able to film old bus because of other chatterboxes
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Basil Zempilas, enough said.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Who is he?
Living in the Shire.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Eurostar wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:15 am Not being able to film old bus because of other chatterboxes
Loud extroverts, the bane of gunzels worldwide. :lol:

Not related to filming or chatterboxes, but several years ago I had a perfect shot of Z1 4 in Swanston St ruined by some 50-something grey-haired suit who walked right around me so he could cross the road illegally at Collins St (or Bourke St, I forget), despite the pedestrian lights having a red man, the tram not stopping because it had only just closed its doors and moved off, and with me leaning against a pole for balance when taking the photo.
Last edited by Heihachi_73 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bus Suggestions

Fleet Lists wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:27 pm Who is he?
Channel 7 Perth sports commentator. He is known for being at least a bit self-centred in his commentary, as well as overly narcissistic and egotistic. He also happens to be the Lord Mayor of the Perth LGA, although it seems to be more of a title-grab and show-off rather than trying to actively manage the CBD. When he was elected not long ago, I thought it would be relief and he would no longer be a sports commentator, so I (and many others) wouldn't have to listen to his constant self promotion. Apparently not.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

The people in Ettalong. Rough ferals replaced by snobby would be if they coulds. All rude miserable gits with no manners. Scenic spot spoiled by these dickheads.
Definitely notice an improvement in Kincumber and Green Point. People are better mannered and will actually say sorry if they nearly bump into you.
I'm getting jack of the hard headed locals.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Shrinkflation. Mars bars recently shrunk to 47g - they were previously 53g for as long as I can remember. At least they're still made in Australia unlike Snickers, although who knows how long that will last.

Edit: Mars twin packs have also shrunk from 72g to 64g.
Last edited by Heihachi_73 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Shrinkflation has to be one of the worst things you can do to your consumers. Lets keep the price of goods up but shrink the quantity of goods inside and packaging.

Worst case Scenario, if you loved Pringles back in the day. Kelloggs (I think that is who does Pringles here) decided it'll be an absolute fantastic idea to change the production plant for the Pringles the Australian market gets. We use to get them from the Jacksonville plant in the United States and there was no complaints I had about that, now production is from their Malaysian plant. My hands are a large / XL size these days and I had no trouble fitting my hand into the tube to get them out. The Flavor was just so right (in other words great) and the taste would depending on the flavor you selected stick to your tongue. One other thig is no matter how you stored it, if you did so properly they wouldn't go stale.

Of course all good things including food must come down, Kellogs one day decided to introduce Shrinkflation to Pringles and everything about it dropped. No Longer could one fit their large hand in the tube (they shrunk that). The Flavor no longer left a lasting taste on your tongue. Store them in a Pantry or Cupboard even under recommended conditions and I can guarantee you they'd be stale in less than two days. Rubbish but they'll still charge consumers full price. I'd like to see both sides of the fence as to why this does happen and occur but as the consumer nothing good comes out of Shrinkflation.

Disappointing because I enjoyed Pringles and none of the clones or copycats even come close to to tasting like a proper real Pringle (I get they can't copy the recipe but there are types of copycat food out there that taste better than original that is what I'm trying to say).
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Prinkles are not terribly healthy. Might be a blessing you don't eat the chemical cocktails.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I mean so are a lot of other foods & sugary drinks but only eat or drink them in moderation, get exercise and you'll be fine. as it is, I rarely eat crisps or biscuits nowadays & will only grab a packet every now and again if I'm really craving it. It more than likely does help that my time is so limited throughout the day that I don't have the opptunity to snack.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Doritos and Tszatziki dip have been my vice of late.
I have to consciously tell myself ok that's enough and make myself put them away.
I've been trying to buy nuts like trail mix and mixed nuts lately. I have natural unsalted cashews at the moment and they're enjoyable. Go well with ice cream too.
Bus Suggestions

Imageshack, and other media sharing companies who suddenly switch from providing free services to forcing users into a paid subscription, and deleting media or restricting access if ignored.

It may have been 5 years since Imageshack deleted all the non-paid images, but indeed, that's what disappoints me. When Imageshack deleted the images, I hadn't even heard of the ATDB. I joined here about 6 months after that, meaning I never got to see those pictures. Since then, I have been trawling through old topic pages consisting of valuable information and scans of old bus routes/timetables, and with each look over them, I get more and more disappointed at the number of links to now-deleted images. What would have been digital cabinets consisting of valuable local transport history are now merely a reminder of opportunistic corporate greed. I did trawl through web archive, however I have only been able to recover some scans and images. Partly leading in to how I don't like their old "organisation" system of random and non-related numbers for every image upload, but that would be another story in its own right.

Not just old transport here with the ATDB community, but much of old history and valuable information for a variety of other forums and communities has also been lost to Imageshack. Greedy, opportunistic corporate higher-ups, who show no regard or any form of consolation to the communities that they once built, but now have betrayed the trust of, and left (to some extent) in ruins.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Photobucket pics in posts reappeared a while ago but with their watermark plastered across the picture.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Imageshack, haven't heard that name in about a decade, along with Fotopic. RIP Tinypic too, taken over by Photobucket and shut down shortly after, because stuff having competition when you can just buy the competition to remove it.

On a similar but unrelated note, the same thing happened with Nearmap several years ago when it was taken over by another company. Nearmap was much more reliable than Google Maps in Australia as it was updated regularly, unlike Google's maps and especially Street View which can be up to ten years out of date in some cases (while Nearmap didn't have street view, their overhead maps were second to none at the time). What was once a free-to-access site (for noncommercial use e.g. the general public) suddenly became a pay site with a huge price tag, although it was significantly lowered after they figured out that the average Aussie wouldn't pay a five figure yearly sum to access such a thing.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Monopolistic companies who cry for a free market when it suits them.
I have been of the view for many years that it should be forbidden for a company in the same line of business ie in direct competition of the same good or service, to buy out another if it's against the spirit of competition and the public interest. Too much selective ideology is going on.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Fuel has gone from averaging $1.30 up to around $1.60 - $1.69 thanks to the new waves of COVID Cases hitting here and lockdown. Doesn't help I'm low on fuel and had to choose between getting groceries for myself and fuel. I'm not that rich.
Bus Suggestions

Swift wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:17 pm Photobucket pics in posts reappeared a while ago but with their watermark plastered across the picture.
Although I dislike watermarks, at least you can still see the picture behind it, and watermarks can be edited out if needed (albeit with some skill).
Swift

Post by Swift »

Bus Suggestions wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:46 am
Swift wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:17 pm Photobucket pics in posts reappeared a while ago but with their watermark plastered across the picture.
Although I dislike watermarks, at least you can still see the picture behind it, and watermarks can be edited out if needed (albeit with some skill).
I might have given the impression watermark makes me mad, but I'm grateful just to see the pic again and I can look past it easy enough. It's a good enough compromise to me.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Really silly if you ask me that the ServiceNSW COVID-Safe QR check-in application doesn't have the ability to check-out of previous places if you've just checked into a new place. This is a particular pain if you're going up to a shopping Centre because you have to check into the Shopping Centre itself and then into the Supermarket your going into except if you don't check out of the Shopping Centre first on the ServiceNSW application and then check into the Supermarket the Shopping Centre check in gets stuck on "check out pending" or something like that and you can't check out. So the only work around at the moment is to check into the shopping Centre, then walk to the front entry of the Supermarket and then pull back out your phone, enter your service NSW Pin, then click COVID-Safe and then click tap on the one for the shopping Centre and check out and then scan the Supermarket QR Check-in code and then check in.

While I respect the developers, this has been a problem for way too long and to still be working on a solution is unacceptable at this point but I'll keep my fingers crossed this fault isn't too far from being fixed.

The other problem is when you then finish with the Supermarket and go to check out, you're not going checked back into the shopping centre one and I highly doubt one will scan the Shopping Centre QR code on the way out. Until the mobile application team can resolve this issue I see some gaps in contact tracing appearing. Something that really should've been taken into consideration but as usual half-baked. Then again I do have to applaud them as my data hasn't been sold off to 3rd parties which during the early days of checking in (when it was left up to each business to create their own check in method) was selling check-in data to advertising & marketing agencies.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

Swift wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:41 pm Doritos and Tszatziki dip have been my vice of late.
I have to consciously tell myself ok that's enough and make myself put them away.
For a good tzatziki, go out and look for the Fresh Fodder brand! Made in Orange and absolutely bloody delicious!
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

More shrinkflation. Coles used to have 100-packs of C6 envelopes for $3 until around a month or so. Now you get 50 for $4.

Coincidentally, Woolworths and Kmart also stopped ordering in 100-packs of C6s not long ago, leaving just Big W with the cheap ones. Of course, Big W just happens to be closed during Melbourne's lockdown(s).
Swift

Post by Swift »

huppypuppy wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:17 am
Swift wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:41 pm Doritos and Tszatziki dip have been my vice of late.
For a good tzatziki, go out and look for the Fresh Fodder brand! Made in Orange and absolutely bloody delicious!
Where TF do you find them tho? Never seen that brand.
I like the name.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Every single Covidiot both in & outside of Newcastle but because Newcastle is my home region I'll just simply focus on channeling how fed up I am with them here.

Of course I know there'd be people in life who are anti this, anti that, object that, nevertheless it is really selfish of them to be defying public health orders. I keep seeing on the Internet (because how else does one find out?) about Personal exercise trainers flouting restrictions & health orders and making it out as if it is no big deal and whining when the police come to shut them down, the health orders are literally crystal clear and you DO NOT exercise with anyone that isn't from your household period. Stop being so utterly & fully selfish and STAY HOME. I don't really like lockdown as much as anyone else but my goodness I'm following all rules, not looking for loopholes and I'm not finding this difficult to abide by (tho I do miss socialisation but that'll have to wait of course).

Also for the certain business owner in Newcastle that is Anti-mask & is just as selfish and now playing victim. All the other business owners are facing it just as tough but their not Selfish as you are, that is defying public orders and sulking considering the Police have deemed your business non-essential and you've been warned to shut down. You're literally making it just as hard for everyone else, you can't fathom that the more you flout health orders, the longer you'll find not only yourself, but the entire town & region in lockdown. Want to know a simple piece of advice? it is stay home, find something that isn't so ANTI to society (that also includes staying away from Facebook too and not posting your nonsense conspiracy theories) and waiting for time to pass. We may then find ourselves somewhat then able to freely able to explore but with still limited restrictions in place but it is better than being stuck in doors.

Sorry for the HUGE rant, just really disappointed how there always has to be someone to ruin all the progress that is being put into fighting the virus. Personally myself I'm facing some loses due to the Pandemic and it is also crappy to see people who still have something (job, business whatever) making out the pandemic is no big deal and any & all restrictions shall be ignored.

Return to “The Lunch Room”