What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

Elderly are not always sweet and innocent as some people assume all the time. They are often entitled and selfish a holes only frail and were likely nightmares when younger that weren't got rid of sooner!
eddy

Post by eddy »

Swift wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:49 pm Elderly are not always sweet and innocent as some people assume all the time. They are often entitled and selfish a holes only frail and were likely nightmares when younger that weren't got rid of sooner!
But it makes you be a bit less judgemental when you reflect on how stupid you were in your youth.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Transperth not providing local bus network maps.

I probably might sound like a broken record for some but I'm not a fan of not having local bus network maps, something one would think is extremely crucial for navigation around a public transport system.

I'm not sure about anyone here, but I find it easier to read a public transport system by looking at a map rather than using a journey planner. Reading a public transport map makes things easier and more predictable for me as an Autistic person as it helps me navigate the system and learn how to get to places.

I'm a person that likes to just ride on public transport in general. As I'm sure many people on here would be but I also like exploring places and learning about them, trying new things.

I'd like to travel to Perth sometime next year. Looking at the local network map helps make things more predictable for me, I have only ever been to Perth once and I was an early teen at the time and I travelled with a relative, Now I'm a young adult learning to navigate the world independently.

I'm sure it won't just be me that is annoyed that a public transport agency has decided to remove what is very crucial for navigation from their site.

If anyone has any explanations feel free to quote me.

Rant over
MO8562
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

When you really need to use the restroom while out, you find it only to discover there's only two stalls and both of them are already in use

Those so called "water saving timer tap heads" where you push down on the tap to turn them on, I've found most of these last only 5-10 seconds before turning themselves back off, so hard to "efficiently" wash your hands when dealing with them.

And I assist (volunteer) with helping a gaming publisher run a major community server, it's one thing when members run into technical issues but It's frustrating they scream out their issues, you direct them to the right area on the server so it's on topic there and not clogging up the general feed and you get ignored or they still whinge and moan. And then there's those who won't follow given instructions or advice so they end up with their issue not being resolved, if they don't take up the advice, can't see how that's my issue in the end.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Public restrooms where you have to pull open the door when at least 40% never wash their hands. Almost as filthy as most mobile phones and steering wheels.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:07 am Transperth not providing local bus network maps.

I probably might sound like a broken record for some but I'm not a fan of not having local bus network maps, something one would think is extremely crucial for navigation around a public transport system.
It would be worth contacting Transperth directly and venting your frustrations at them, so they know that the general public are generally unsatisfied with this new approach of theirs. The excuses to date have included "the maps weren't updated in time for the opening of the Airport line", and "upgrades to our digital experience", both of which are cop-outs, in my opinion.

Of course it's better than Translink's (QLD) excuse for not having a network map for Brisbane, some 9 months after I sent the feedback, someone finally contacted me saying they don't have a Brisbane network map because "the user experience would be poor with such a large file on a mobile device" :roll: Transperth supplied their map up into nine or so separate files to avoid precisely this issue...
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Merc1107 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:59 pm It would be worth contacting Transperth directly and venting your frustrations at them, so they know that the general public are generally unsatisfied with this new approach of theirs. The excuses to date have included "the maps weren't updated in time for the opening of the Airport line", and "upgrades to our digital experience", both of which are cop-outs, in my opinion.
Regarding this matter, I did contact transperth to get this issue sorted. And I got very similar excuses.

I notice that Barely anyone is talking about the lack of bus network maps on the transperth website,they don't even have to have those pdf files, they could have an interactive map on a program like google Mymaps for example.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Merc1107 wrote:Of course it's better than Translink's (QLD) excuse for not having a network map for Brisbane, some 9 months after I sent the feedback, someone finally contacted me saying they don't have a Brisbane network map because "the user experience would be poor with such a large file on a mobile device" :roll: Transperth supplied their map up into nine or so separate files to avoid precisely this issue...
WOW. Bloody hell Brisbane.

Meanwhile in Melbourne: LGA-based transport network maps (or town based maps elsewhere in Victoria)

Meanwhile in Sydney: Bus Region-based network maps

Meanwhile in Canberra: District based network maps

Meanwhile in Perth and Hobart: Which section of the city do you want?

Meanwhile in Adelaide and Darwin: Stuff it; here’s the entire city for your convenience!

Meanwhile in Brisbane: “the user experience would be poor with such a large file on a mobile device” yeah, stuff off…
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
BanksfielderIdiot823

Actually, I can probably see where MotorOmnibus8562 is coming from. Are we missing something or did Transperth pull those 9 bus maps? Because I can’t find them either.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:24 pm Actually, I can probably see where MotorOmnibus8562 is coming from. Are we missing something or did Transperth pull those 9 bus maps? Because I can’t find them either.
They've not been linked on the website for months, but could still be accessed by their old URL until somewhat recently.
Randomness
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an Zf Ecomat

Post by Randomness »

I was walking down the footpath when a group of 3 kids ran down it. I then noticed the shopping trolleys they had taken from the nearby centre and pushed into everyone’s driveways. What is wrong with society…
Swift

Post by Swift »

Some humans don't see deserve life.
scott

Post by scott »

I saw a kid throw a can of coke on the ground rather than put it in the bin that was right next to them.
Society has indeed gone to the dogs, even more so since the pandemic.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

One need only look at the parents and general environment the kids were raised in for an answer as to what has or is going wrong.
Frances

Post by Frances »

I think that this sort of behaviour has always been there though and I'm not sure that it's any worse than it has been in the past.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Yesterday saw a family stage a fight with their kids at the checkout the mother walked out of the store with a trolly full of food while the store staff were distracted got into a merc 4 wheel drive all dressed in expensive clothes. I GAVE THE NUMBER PLATE to the store are things really getting this bad?? also many people comming out of shopping centres with mases of shopping bags because of sales what are they going to eat after xmas also were I give my time a large meal was being servered the number of expensive cars parked near buy amazed me a lot of people there I do not thing they needed a meal & with out being racist one group were the ones in expensive cars! & the clothes they wore were not cheep! my self I would rather give a cooked meal to a homless person rather than give to some ord One group I have supported for over 55 years still have money colected for bush fire people a couple of years ago. & are asking money for xmas !
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
eddy

Post by eddy »

captainch wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:58 pm Yesterday saw a family stage a fight with their kids at the checkout the mother walked out of the store with a trolly full of food while the store staff were distracted got into a merc 4 wheel drive all dressed in expensive clothes. I GAVE THE NUMBER PLATE to the store are things really getting this bad?? also many people comming out of shopping centres with mases of shopping bags because of sales what are they going to eat after xmas also were I give my time a large meal was being servered the number of expensive cars parked near buy amazed me a lot of people there I do not thing they needed a meal & with out being racist one group were the ones in expensive cars! & the clothes they wore were not cheep! my self I would rather give a cooked meal to a homless person rather than give to some ord One group I have supported for over 55 years still have money colected for bush fire people a couple of years ago. & are asking money for xmas !
Even though I was against the Vietnam war whenever I sit under the helicopter at Nowra (which they have taken for a paint job) I think of you mate and donated $5 the other day to legacy.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

"THANK YOU" EDDY"merry christmas to you & your family!.......................I Have allways said when you see army/navy/airforce/ police/fire staff/ & ambos just say 2 words "THANK YOU". :P...................IT DOESN"T COST A THING.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Container deposit scheme and lack thereof in Victoria. It's been nearly a month since it officially started, yet you can count the reverse vending machines and depots in Melbourne's eastern suburbs on one hand, with the vast majority being located in the west, the inner south-east or industrial areas miles from civilisation and/or public transport (makes sense for depots to be out of the way as they are almost always literal rubbish tips, but not RVMs which are basically shipping containers).

Over-the-counter locations only accept very limited amounts of containers (e.g. 100 or less) lest they go broke in seconds, yet even those places are located in the middle of buck-futt nowhere for whatever reason, as opposed to somewhere useful like a supermarket or a train station (on a side note, apparently Coles teamed up with TOMRA, leading to three supermarkets having their own RVMs - all in the western suburbs of course). Of course though, the price of drinks still went up 10% on day one with zero regard to whether the scheme had actually been rolled out statewide.

TOMRA (west) was right on the ball on the 1st to ensure people can actually make use of the CDS, with Return-It (identified as "east" but actually south-eastern suburbs) not far behind, while Visy (north, but also covering Melbourne CBD, eastern suburbs and the vast majority of regional Victoria) is sitting on their asre doing jack s&#t. Roll-out of 600 locations will take until August 2024 according to the CDS website, but it's anyone's guess whether the 600 will be 580 tiny OTCs, 15 RVMs and 5 depots across the entire state for 5 million people to share, or something remotely usable (I don't expect 500 RVMs though, or even 100 for that matter, the things probably cost a quarter of a million to make knowing Australia). Honestly don't know how many more boxes of cans and bottles I can cram into my garage, I'm sure the redbacks and cockroaches absolutely love their new homes (yes, I wash the cans and bottles to get rid of the sugar/milk/beer residue).
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Really disappointed in Pixlr, as a "premium" subscriber, they've decided to restructure their plans including their AI suite.

I'd assume this has happened in the last week or so, previously on my plan tier I could generate as many AI images as I liked at no additional cost, now they've introduced credits that charge per AI creation. I know they'll hide the spiel of "We reserve the right to make any changes at any time without warning or communication" in their terms of service. I got no email about these changes or upcoming revisions. But cancelled as soon as I found out, I just can't support this practice or move.

As for the AI credits, oh you can pay more but it's in USD only, you have to use a credit / debit card and there's no option to pay through any other means (But you can pay for your plan through Paypal).
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Just annoyed at JB HI-FI

Was originally going in to hopefully inspect tower fans hoping they'd have some setup on demo so I'd know which ones are an avoid or purchase, none on display and all in boxes. Alright scratch that, go and look at the other items while I'm in there and eventually make my way to the camera department.

I'm looking at all the cameras behind the display glass panel and as I get closer to the Canon displays, I notice they have an LP-E17 battery behind the glass display. Perfect as my camera takes only the LP-E17 and it is a genuine canon battery & not the 3rd party crap I can't question the validity of.

There isn't a camera department employee at the camera section but there is a JB employee manning the front door and another employee, I ask one of them to come over so I could purchase the batteries. LP-E17's have been on a massive shortage in the past few months and with the upcoming major holiday I am taking, any batteries I can get for my camera I'll take. There is a green sticker label on one battery packaging and the employee ensures me It's just an LP-E17 that's been put in a LP-E12 canon battery box (for whatever reason. it looked "factory sealed"). I purchase both $138 total, sale is finalised and I make my way out.

Eventually I get to my car and check the packaging as I didn't properly check while instore (my fault) something was not sitting right, I opened up the box that was branded as the canon LP-E12 battery, look inside and... yeah It's an LP-E12 but they've charged me as if this one was also an LP-E17, run back up to the store, wait in line at the register, get served by a bloke (who is probably thinking I've nabbed this battery) but I explained I was in there less than 30 minutes ago, I was sold two LP-E17 batteries, this on closer inspection is an LP-E12, no good for me, I get refunded but no apologies and the receipt I got said "Customer requested refund" as the return reason technically not wrong but also JB's screwup.
BanksfielderIdiot823

So I heard from a recent news bulletin that there’s going to be some sort of yet another road safety study involving TfNSW maybe sometime in March or something, and one of the ideas to be looked at is rolling out point-to-point average speed cameras for cars.

Yeah, NO. TfNSW can absolutely p**s right off with that idea until they agree to get rid of the braindead licence-based speed limits; those ones that are causing Learner and P1 platers to hold maximum 90 on a 110 freeway.
Swift

Post by Swift »

That'd be political hurry curry.
Randomness
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an Zf Ecomat

Post by Randomness »

I thought there were already average speed cameras along the M1 to Brisbane and Great Western Highway near the mountains somewhere.

I think there’s also the seperate “Safe-T” cams that do have average speed functionality but are truck only.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Randomness wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:56 am
I think there’s also the seperate “Safe-T” cams that do have average speed functionality but are truck only.
That's obviously because there are far less truckie voters than car drivers to upset.

Return to “The Lunch Room”