Pneumocyclic Transmission problems!

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

I was referring to the manufacturers of the OIL. They should be aware of the original technical spec of the oil

This is the sort of assurance you need:
CASTROL PSG-E OIL....ITS LABELED BY CASTROL "LEYLAND COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SEMI AUTO OIL TO LEYLAND E85 SPEC" FROM MEMORY.
BristolLodekkaUSA

Re: Pneumocyclic Transmission problems!

Post by BristolLodekkaUSA »

There seem to be a tremendous number of people in this thread knowledgeable about the late 60s selfchanging gears bud transmissions. I’m I’ve in the U.S. based in Oregon with a 1968 Bristol Lodekka originally powered by a Gardner 6 cyl mated by propeller shaft to electrically actuated self changing gears 5 speed transmission it is stamped RV38bcv. I’d like to know more about the trans as there’s very little info online. It’s my intention to retrofit the original flywheel housing and offset drive from the back of the Gardner to the back of a medium duty truck clutch housing to repower the bus with a cummins diesel. I’d like to us the original transmission and rear axle which all seems viable. I’m wondering if you folks could point me to some good threads or if you’ve got any service manual pdfs you might email me. Any help is appreciated!

Return to “General Transport Discussion”