City Rail bus substitues

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

City Rail bus substitues

Post by Mercedes »

Hi all,
Just a quick question to all you Sydney siders does anybody have maps of the routes used by buses when on City rail replacements? or Route descriptions?
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
hornetfig

Post by hornetfig »

the route descriptions are on the CityRail website: http://www.cityrail.info/trackwork/zone_definitions.jsp

Although they're very general. You can click on a particular item of trackwork to see more specific bussing operations. For periodic trackwork these will always be the same each time.

As for routes, I don't believe there is any specified route for rail replacement services.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

hornetfig wrote: As for routes, I don't believe there is any specified route for rail replacement services.
Contract operators are provided with detailed route instructions for rail replacement work. In many areas around the inner suburbs, route arrows are provided.
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

hornetfig wrote:As for routes, I don't believe there is any specified route for rail replacement services.
Cityrail issue to bus companies (who issue them to drivers) sheets containing "lefts and rights" for each route to be operated on each shutdown. Bus drivers are required to follow these routes. Routes and pickup/setdown points are not set in stone and do change slightly from time to time.
Free Lance
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes O305, m/o 3021

Post by Free Lance »

How many drivers didn't read or prefered to ignore the NEW route from Glenfield to Liverpool, We are now supposed to use the Moore St Bus Priority road in Liverpool (takes 5 minutes longer)

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”