[Adel] A ride on an SL200 - video

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
tone167
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. MAN SL200 (1982-2011)

[Adel] A ride on an SL200 - video

Post by tone167 »

This is from a short film project of mine, where I take 60 second snippets of my daily life on my Motorola A925 mobile phone. These clips are from a bus ride I took home from work in September 2005, on the 241 from Marion to Adelaide departing Marion at 5.08pm.

The clips are in QuickTime MP4 format. Best viewed with QuickTime Alternative, or on an appropriate portable media player/mobile phone. Apologies for the low resolution, mobile phone video cameras still have a way to go.

This clip was taken as the bus was travelling down Towers Tce, Edwardstown. Heading towards the city: http://www.tone.id.au/media/MOV000049.mp4. Note the rattling of the windows and the lovely engine/gearbox whine that has been familiar to the ears of Adelaide commuters for almost a quarter of a century.

This clip was taken as the bus was waiting for a tram to cross the level crossing at Winifred Ave, Plympton: http://www.tone.id.au/media/MOV000050.mp4. Note the lovely H-Class Tram as it goes through the crossing. Why the State Government decided to replace the evergreen H-Class with those godawful Flexshittys is beyond me. :?

Unfortunately, as these films were taken for purposes other than gunzelling, I didn't get any vital statistics such as fleet numbers etc. Enjoy!
Saab 900 1978-93: The best Scania ever made.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”