Real time coming to all services in 2015

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

BestFriendHasLeprosy
Favourite Vehicle: LCBS Bustech

Re: Real time coming to all services in 2015

Post by BestFriendHasLeprosy »

...are you kidding me?

EVERY SINGLE one of their services has a screen in it, ALL STOPS serviced by them will give the real time information for arriving services.
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

BestFriendHasLeprosy wrote:...are you kidding me?

EVERY SINGLE one of their services has a screen in it, ALL STOPS serviced by them will give the real time information for arriving services.
I'm talking of the real time apps not the screens!
08 XDi

Post by 08 XDi »

^ You're still wrong.

Every Clarke's bus still had an old DCU in it as of yesterday evening. Their real-time data is powered by the INIT consoles which are separate from the Cubic installation.
Elvis has left the building!
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

08 XDi wrote:^ You're still wrong.

Every Clarke's bus still had an old DCU in it as of yesterday evening. Their real-time data is powered by the INIT consoles which are separate from the Cubic installation.
Cairns has real time aswell yet that is still not publicly available through the feed unless you look at it on the website! Apps haven't had access to LCBS feed until recently
08 XDi

Post by 08 XDi »

The TransLink website has shown Clark's services in real-time since TripTracker was first rolled out, and likewise Route 60 once it was installed on the CityGlider fleet.

The real-time project is intended to bring together multiple means of gathering real-time information for all services in SEQ. For buses and ferries, it is through the new consoles. For trams and trains, it is by hooking up the existing systems to the customer-facing things like the app and the website.

The Cairns system is an even older trial than TripTracker which is again based on a different system. No idea whatsoever if it is intended to be replaced or integrated into the website. There would be no particular reason to roll out new ticketing machines for Cairns as the fare system is entirely separate and there seem to be no current plans to roll out go card for use up there, so I doubt it will be joining that way.
BestFriendHasLeprosy

I don't know what you mean by "apps", but all LCBS services have been available in real time on the TransLink website for quite a long time.
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

BestFriendHasLeprosy wrote:I don't know what you mean by "apps", but all LCBS services have been available in real time on the TransLink website for quite a long time.
Smartphone real time apps. The app developers have not had any access to the data until the recent release.
BestFriendHasLeprosy

Like unlicensed stuff? Yeah they only allowed access to that recently.
742_VST
Favourite Vehicle: Bustech VST

Post by 742_VST »

Today in my travels I noticed that all the Surfside buses from the Ernest Depot that I observed have had the new DCUs installed. However Coomera and Tweed Depot buses still seem to have the old DCUs. But exciting to see they are being rolled out nonetheless!
moreton
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo and Ford
Location: *Never have to wait behind a Taxi doing an EFTPOS transation in Brisbane.

Post by moreton »

Some trail buses are running Real Time in the BT fleet, debugging/ testing is under way. Stay tuned download the My Translink App and see if you can find the buses running real time. Moreton :wink:
Never again have to wait in a Q,in Queen Street ?
daveeyh

Post by daveeyh »

moreton wrote:Some trail buses are running Real Time in the BT fleet, debugging/ testing is under way. Stay tuned download the My Translink App and see if you can find the buses running real time. Moreton :wink:
Only have seen the Blue CityGlider with Real Time on the app (which was already on the old scheme) - any clues on any others?
jonwil

Post by jonwil »

Do we know if BT is going to make GTFS real time data available for this new real time setup so 3rd party app developers can make use of it?
08 XDi

Post by 08 XDi »

^ TransLink, and yes they will.
daveeyh

Post by daveeyh »

New electronic signs at Cultural Centre Busway Station - now show about 15 services after than the previous four and use white lights.

No yet linked into real-time as the services listed on the board did not bear resemblance to the buses arriving this evening.
BestFriendHasLeprosy

daveeyh wrote:New electronic signs at Cultural Centre Busway Station - now show about 15 services after than the previous four and use white lights.

No yet linked into real-time as the services listed on the board did not bear resemblance to the buses arriving this evening.
Are the signs run by BT or TL? That is, do they show 250 and 555 or only BT services?
daveeyh

Post by daveeyh »

BestFriendHasLeprosy wrote:
daveeyh wrote:New electronic signs at Cultural Centre Busway Station - now show about 15 services after than the previous four and use white lights.

Are the signs run by BT or TL? That is, do they show 250 and 555 or only BT services?
From memory (and I could be dreaming here), there was a TransLink logo on the sign and the 555 did appear.
TransitBris
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by TransitBris »

60's (Blue Glider's) and 555's are real time on those displays where as everything else is by scheduled departure time. When a 60 or 555 is approaching - 'ARR' displays.
Scania pride 8)
NOOSABUSES

Post by NOOSABUSES »

not seen much of real time rollout since sunbus sunshine coast a few months ago.... when will other services follow and when will the whole system be real time
742_VST

Post by 742_VST »

Good News! Well not for me here on the GC Yet, still waiting here.......... But Anyways
Real-Time Info is now available with the following bus companies-
Kangaroo Bus Lines
Brisbane Bus Lines
Park Ridge Transit
Hornibrook Bus Lines
Thompson Bus services
Bus Queensland Lockyer Valley
Westside Bus Company
and of course Sunbus Sunshine Coast
:)
daveeyh

Post by daveeyh »

TransitBris wrote:60's (Blue Glider's) and 555's are real time on those displays where as everything else is by scheduled departure time. When a 60 or 555 is approaching - 'ARR' displays.
This no longer occurs on the displays at Cultural Centre - all services appear the same with just a time.
BestFriendHasLeprosy

daveeyh wrote:
TransitBris wrote:60's (Blue Glider's) and 555's are real time on those displays where as everything else is by scheduled departure time. When a 60 or 555 is approaching - 'ARR' displays.
This no longer occurs on the displays at Cultural Centre - all services appear the same with just a time.
That's because the real time wasn't working on all LCBS services yesterday and it just showed scheduled time.
James00

Post by James00 »

Has anyone attempted to use/get data out of the GTFS feed for a third party app?

I've had a look into it but it's proving to be a bit beyond my capabilities and patience at the moment..
^^__^^
Favourite Vehicle: S1989 - Live well poppin' tags

Post by ^^__^^ »

I think BT is now also live as of today... Just in case anyone was wondering. Transittimes allows sort of 'live' tracking of buses.
James00

Post by James00 »

Thanks for the tip..I was able to get fleet numbers from vehicle ID's for westside from the next arrival/depature section for stops. 604778144_59, the first section being (im guessing) the ID for the operator, and the second is the fleet number, in this case 59.

Pretty cool.
daveeyh

Post by daveeyh »

^^__^^ wrote:I think BT is now also live as of today... Just in case anyone was wondering. Transittimes allows sort of 'live' tracking of buses.
The TransLink website is showing that BT is live.

I had noticed that real-time information was activated at Cultural Centre on Tuesday nights, was gone last night but returned tonight.

Seems to give a pretty good result, although some services still appear as a scheduled time (6.17pm) rather than how far away they are (2 min).

I have noticed, however, that buses waiting in the holding zones (e.g. 300, 333, etc) appear on the electronic display as 1 min away so it does give passengers a false impression that the bus is coming when it could still be 10 minutes away (but not sure whether you can do anything about this).

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”