Transdev Melbourne news July - December 2014

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

DENAIR
Favourite Vehicle: DENNING DENAIR

Re: Transdev Melbourne news July - December 2014

Post by DENAIR »

hi all
the reality is the Government owns the Trandsev depots so when the services changes hands next time the new contract holders take over there will be no hassle with having to find depots which occurred with the current contracts
cheers denair
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

DENAIR wrote:there are two tracking systems in use presently
the original smartbus tracking which encompasses pids and internal display messages and is a different contract.
Smart tracker is the current tracking system being rolled out in all non-smart buses , each operator can track all their buses at all times . plus the ptv is also monitoring them as well, and quite often sends please explain emails if they notice a bus out of place .
DART services use the same tracker as track buses. The orbitals use a different one.
krustyklo wrote:Not really. I am not aware of any significant upgrades to destination equipment to the current fleet of NBC buses over their lifetime. The closest I think it gets is a small number of buses were a cancelled order from Sydney buses or demonstrators or something which were sold to NBC, then owned by Ventura, for Smartbus services for which a side orange LED destination was added when the original front destinations were green flipdot or maybe green LED.
Earlier Scania CB60 Evo II have green flip-dot on the front and orange LED on the side (perhaps they were added later). Newer ones have all orange LED destos, an updated dash panel (with a colour LCD status display), and a half-length perspex screen on the drivers door. The last order were a seat row longer, added a reversing camera, and had a different desto system (still all orange LED)
hungho95 wrote:Heard from a Transdev driver that Sandringham depot has been sold off and is moving to keysborough and that they have purchased land in sunshine for a new depot.
Rumors from drivers who are scared they are going to be moved further away from home or have their rosters changed are rife.

Last I was told, from a source that I believe is credible, that Footscray might be forced to be moved due to the landlord intending to sell the land to developers. Transdev is seeking two sites, one in the west (Sunshine general area) and one in the north (Thomastown/Bundoora), to replace Airport West and Reservoir, both of which are currently sub-leased. If it's true about Footscray, I'd expect the proposed western depot to be a very big depot. I haven't heard any mention that Sandringham would be closed.

The only thing set in stone is that Transdev are contractually obliged to get out of Airport West and Reservoir by a certain date. I can't remember if they had 2 or 3 years from takeover to move out.
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
tranzitjim

Post by tranzitjim »

Ok, some questions I seek answers to in respect to the Footscray and Sandringham depots.

#1, who currently owns them?

#2, are they on the market yet?

#3, what is the expected or market value of these lands?
hungho95

Post by hungho95 »

Don't transdev have until a certain date to get all their buses into ptv livery?
jarf
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UA/Volgren CR228L

Post by jarf »

^ Yes, next Thursday. Looks like it won't happen though. :wink:
Random Gunzel Insanity - http://jarfness.blogspot.com/
CAL

Post by CAL »

Looks like Transdev have fixed there destos probably in time for this weekends changes like Yarra Trams has done.
Spotted a bus on Route 223 this evening with

Yarraville 223 / Yarraville 223
Somerville Rd / via Footscray

Big block letters are gone.
newbus959

Post by newbus959 »

CAL wrote:Looks like Transdev have fixed there destos
Thats nice. Adding the Somerville Rd part because it doesn't actually go to Yarraville Station and the revival of the 'via'
NEWBUS959
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

Just saw a 216 at Elsternwick with new a new desto style. Looks very Yarra Trams-esque
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
josh01
Favourite Vehicle: Moorabbin Transit 553

Post by josh01 »

Transdev/ eg grenda 32 was in sunshine around 2pm not in service any idea why
maxy54

Post by maxy54 »

josh01 wrote:Transdev/ eg grenda 32 was in sunshine around 2pm not in service any idea why
Training run, Also #103 (BS00RZ) & #104 (BS00SA) have been delivered
Artzy
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200/Ansair MK II

Post by Artzy »

A couple of things from today...

MAN CB30 #500 has been refurbished similar to the O405NHs and L94UB CR222Ls, rode today on Route 279.

and

MAN SL200 #298 operated the 4.50pm 246 to Elsternwick from La Trobe University, I thought MK IIs weren't supposed to do 246?
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

Well sometimes it's going to be a choice between a MkII or dropping the trip. The reason for the ban is because #293 couldn't make it up the hill.
newbus959

Post by newbus959 »

New 232 desto now shows Altona North/Park & Ride. There's also a via point but missed it. Assuming it says 'via West Gate' since obviously Port Melb can no longer be used by Sunday.
NEWBUS959
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

All Mercedes DART buses have returned to Doncaster. Only Scanias 938, 943, and 944 remain at North Fitzroy to do DART services.
All but three DART buses have returned to Doncaster. The three remaining are all Mercedes O405NH.

Scania L94UB / Custom Coaches CB60 901-905 have been moved to North Fitzroy.

This has been done due to North Fitzroy having far fewer DART shifts.

EDIT: Post updated with corrected information.
Last edited by Alstom 888M on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josh01
Favourite Vehicle: Moorabbin Transit 553

Post by josh01 »

I would like to know were 200 is is it still with ventura or transdev?
i have not seen it on the road since the take over
Volvo_B9R

Post by Volvo_B9R »

maxy54 wrote:
josh01 wrote:Transdev/ eg grenda 32 was in sunshine around 2pm not in service any idea why
Training run, Also #103 (BS00RZ) & #104 (BS00SA) have been delivered
Thanks for the insider information Maxy54. Can you give us any details on the vehicles, I presume you work there to have provided us with this information presumably before they are on the road.
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

josh01 wrote:I would like to know were 200 is is it still with ventura or transdev?
i have not seen it on the road since the take over
My understanding is that it went to Transdev, but I am unaware of its current location or what, if anything, is happening with it.

The fleet lists section of this site has its location as Transdev's Doncaster depot, which seems likely...
maxy54

Post by maxy54 »

The new deliveries are another two Scania K280UB/Gemilang's
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

The Designline Hybrid is stored out of service at North Fitzroy depot, next to the tram shed up the very back.
Buzztop
Favourite Vehicle: Anything that drives properly

Post by Buzztop »

I was told the 2 new scanias are for nth Fitzroy in anticipation of increasing patronage due to zone changes in January next year.
Buzztop
Favourite Vehicle: Anything that drives properly

Post by Buzztop »

Artzy, I've been looking forward to seeing a refurbished yellow bus (500-528). Did it seem nice?
Also I was surprised to see 508 got wrapped some time back, but reaches 13 yrs old in September. Very odd that it will have to be refurbished soon.
grenda bus 669
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo b7rle, Comeng Train

Post by grenda bus 669 »

New 901 destos are out, they now display this:

Frankston 901
Railway Station

grenda bus 669 :)
To view some of my photography visit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/grendabus669/
Leyland B21
Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Post by Leyland B21 »

Transdev were already displaying Route 234 yesterday on the fishermans bend section. Was out there yesterday. PTV bus stops along the route already reflected routes 234 and 236 a day early as well. Got a few pics
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
newbus959

Post by newbus959 »

Previous Transdev destos were too large and boxy. Now I'm finding the new ones to be too small!! :? , however they are much more neater and professional looking.
It'll be good if main terminus headings were back to full size (or at least a decent size and not with box letters), I really don't see the need to display 'Railway Station' or 'Shopping Centre' in full.

On another note, 219 terminus naming is a little confusing. Transdev destos and the PTV website are showing 'Sunshine South', however stops/maps/timetables are showing 'Sunshine West'.
Sunshine South might be better off, though its not a real suburb, but there are other 'Sunshine West' services that go elsewhere.
NEWBUS959
BluDART

Post by BluDART »

Noted a Mercedes O500LE and Volvo B7RLE smartbus had been retrofitted with the mesh screen.

New timetables are causing a lot of angry sentiments amongst todays passengers, the transdev reps at swanston copped a lot of flak and complaints.
Was on the 907 this morning with about 23 other passengers by the time we arrived at Donc. Park+Ride, waiting at Park+Ride was a large group of 40 people waiting for the city bus; never seen that many besides am peak at P+R, left Park+Ride with a standing load up to the back door. Saw another 907 arriving in to the city(unfortunately it was a shorter Scania bus 950) with a full load and no standing room available, not ideal running the shorter scanias on the 907 with such passenger loads on the weekend.

The new destinations are a step back, text font size is small to the point it is not readable unless within 50 metres, not sure about the use of the abbreviation SC (shop centre) as that abbreviation only appears in maps most of the time. Transdev should just swallow their pride and ask Ventura for assistance making destos.
The new bus stop signs are worse, with smaller text font for the destination, also the signs at QV neglect to mention where the 3xx buses go to, just listing them as a bunch of numbers.
A few weeks shy of one year of operations and only 5 new buses delivered, slow going with replacements. Even Ventura got more buses quicker( even if they are flimsy bubbles)in the same timeframe.

To sum up Transdev; two steps forward, one back and shooting themselves in the foot.

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”