Server Change

News and comments about this board.
Eveleigh_Man

Re: Server Change

Post by Eveleigh_Man »

Fleet Lists wrote:There has been a further major outage which has just been resolved.

There has been a double-allocation the IP addresses and they have now given us a new one, meaning we need to wait up to 48 hours for the domain name to correctly point to the new IP address...

Until the IP address propagates you can use http://184.170.246.114/~busaustr/forum/ temporarily to access ATDB.

I have found that the link from the forum to the photo gallery does not work but http://184.170.246.114/~busaustr/gallery/index.php will get you to the photo gallery

I guess this post is not really much use because once you have got here your domain name has been corrected by your service provider.

It has mainly been posted for record purposes.
This is usefull for me as my home provider has not updated their DNS records as yet, so to access ATDB, I need to use the 184.... address above.
rage - The best music video program
http://abc.net.au/rage
boxythingy
Favourite Vehicle: Anything not 'B-set' w/problms

Post by boxythingy »

Fleet Lists wrote: Until the IP address propagates you can use http://184.170.246.114/~busaustr/forum/ temporarily to access ATDB.
You should put this on top of the BusAustralia homepage, I only found out about this link after using a proxy server!
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I agree BUT it would only have been useful on the OLD home page and by the time we found out about this we could no longer update that.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

R44 wrote:
The reversion that Fleet Lists was talking about is not unheard of, Though it has never actually happened to me before.

Ben
I kept getting this switching until Sunday night and during the previous three days when I was in fact switching between three addresses ie the old server, the first address on the new server which was no longer working and the latest one. Most frustrating.

On Sunday afternoon I sent off an email to my service provider setting out all the details.

Then as from yesterday morning all seems to be fine. Later in the day I received a phone call from my provider saying that they had been having a problem communicating with the new server which was the cause of the problem and that they were working on it.
Living in the Shire.
R44
Favourite Vehicle: MO-8205

Post by R44 »

Fleet Lists wrote:
R44 wrote:
The reversion that Fleet Lists was talking about is not unheard of, Though it has never actually happened to me before.

Ben
I kept getting this switching until Sunday night and during the previous three days when I was in fact switching between three addresses ie the old server, the first address on the new server which was no longer working and the latest one. Most frustrating.
I'd imagine it would be - Running dozens of sites myself. So, are you on a VPS now, Or still shared hosting?
PRT 065
Favourite Vehicle: Guess ?

Post by PRT 065 »

Progress has stopped until I return from holidays.
Regards,
PRT 065

If you have any issues with the Queensland section, please send me a private message.
MAN_LOVER

Post by MAN_LOVER »

No disrespect to you Mr PRT065 but i was joking when i said on other media that i hope the down time was due to someone hitting the delete forum button.... o'well, there's another large chunk of the board lost once again. Heaps of top quality stuff was lost many years ago :?
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I saw this series of outages as a chance to get away from this board once and for all. Now that everything seems to have finally been resolved, the addiction is starting to return again. Oh well.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

MAN_LOVER wrote:No disrespect to you Mr PRT065 but i was joking when i said on other media that i hope the down time was due to someone hitting the delete forum button.... o'well, there's another large chunk of the board lost once again.
That may not be the case as it is believed that now most if not all posts have been retrieved.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I thought it was just me but it has happened to me as well - probably in the same ratio.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”