Administrator

Ventura Group news January - June 2012

Post by Fleet Lists »

Here we go.
Living in the Shire.
Craig

Re: Ventura Group news January - June 2012

Post by Craig »

#993 (Scania K280UB, Custom CB80) has entered service at Knoxfield depot, seen on Route 737 this afternoon. This bus supplements the Volgren CR228L order, to provide an additional bus for an improved timetable for Route 732 (Knox Transit Link)

Pics - http://busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic ... 04#p760487

Kind Regards

Craig :)
tranzitjim

Post by tranzitjim »

Are we to include all Grendas fleet news here also?

Perhaps given the vast fleet of both companies, and the fact that Grenda Transit will remain marked as thus for 2 years, could we remain having the two seperate forum threads for this year at least?
Volvo_B9R

Post by Volvo_B9R »

tranzitjim wrote:Are we to include all Grendas fleet news here also?
I agree with your first comment. Should try and keep them seperatly.

tranzitjim wrote:Perhaps given the vast fleet of both companies, and the fact that Grenda Transit will remain marked as thus for 2 years, could we remain having the two seperate forum threads for this year at least?

Your second comment though. How about you just wait till all the facts come out before saying things like "& the fact" In time everything will come out. So just wait and see before making out like you know the "facts" No one knows anything yet, litlte bits maybe, but just wait and see. There are too many know it alls around here. The nitty gritty details & decisions are irrelevant for us to know & they are for the management of Ventura/Grenda to deal with & make. In time im sure you will find out more. But otherwise, just give it a rest.
cal321

Ventura Group news January - June 2012

Post by cal321 »

Fair point regarding fact versus speculation Volvo B9R, but tranzitjim is correct. Ventura have publicly stated they will keep existing liveries & brands for at least two years.
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

cal321 wrote:Ventura have publicly stated they will keep existing liveries & brands for at least two years.
No they haven't, I've not seen anything that says existing liveries will be retained for two years, nor any guarantee all the different branding will be retained.

They have said the current Grenda business structure will be retained for at least 2 years though.
cal321

Post by cal321 »

There is a news item in the December issue of ABC magazine. Ventura's Managing Director states in it that existing Grenda group buses would not change livery and localised branding would continue for at least two years.

Anyway I guess this thread is for Ventura observations, rather than a debate!
Leyland B21
Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Post by Leyland B21 »

Fleetlists already specified in the Grenda obs thread that all obs will be kept seperately. However Fleetlists post is missing from that thread along with a couple of other posts and i seem to be having issues with the site at the moment as well!!!
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Mercedes »

There was an issue apparently a few days back where posts have gone it is not a problem confined to certain members. I am in support of what fleet lists has said that Ventura and Grenda fleet lists and obs threads will remain separate for at least the short term. Once the take over has occured and things have settled down it may be something to consider but for at least the next 6-12months NOTHING will change.
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
Craig

Post by Craig »

#431 (Mercedes LO812, Custom) is still in service, seen on Route 282 this afternoon - think there has been an slight error made with the mass updating of the piecarts in the Ventura fleetlists last week.

Kind Regards

BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Ventura #438, one of the Merc LO.812 piecarts was on the route 280 departing Westfield Doncaster at 4:05pm this afternoon.

Must be short of buses now for them to be sending out non-accessible red & yellow vehicles on Sundays. Usually anything that's not both blue & low floor stays in the depot from 7:30pm Friday until 6am Monday :twisted:
man mk1

Post by man mk1 »

311 312 withdrawn from service there at monbulk
i have posted some pics of them and 260 another one of them gone
BluDART

Post by BluDART »

Spotted running away from it ususal routes 280/282 was bus 700 on route 305's exclusive george st section at 1130, don't know if it was on a maintenance run round the block or if it was running the actual 305 short-working to westfield at the scheduled time
John

Post by John »

Traffic report this morning reported an accident between a truck and bus on Middleborough Road in Box Hill South near Canterbury Road that occurred around 7:15am. The bus involved was Ventura #333.

There are photos of the accident on the Whitehorse Leader website, see below.

http://whitehorse-leader.whereilive.com ... bus-crash/
Keep Melbourne Moving.
CB80

Post by CB80 »

Very lucky no one was injured.

Looks like the truck side-swiped the bus, I would expect the bus will just be withdrawn now given it didn't have much time left anyway.
MMTB Busnut
Favourite Vehicle: MMTB MAN Mk1, 259

Post by MMTB Busnut »

John wrote:Traffic report this morning reported an accident between a truck and bus on Middleborough Road in Box Hill South near Canterbury Road that occurred around 7:15am. The bus involved was Ventura #333.
There are photos of the accident on the Whitehorse Leader website, see below.
http://whitehorse-leader.whereilive.com ... bus-crash/
CB80 wrote:Very lucky no one was injured.
Looks like the truck side-swiped the bus, I would expect the bus will just be withdrawn now given it didn't have much time left anyway.
Very sorry sight, 333 looks like she is most likely destined for an un-gracious retirement, sad end to a great bus. :cry:
If it works, why change it!
E.L.Wood
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Adelaide bodied Elwood

Post by E.L.Wood »

Listening to radio road traffic reports on the radio this evening(9/2)stated there was a nasty accident involving a bus on Warrigal Road Cheltenham and as I drove past the site, I noted (573)had been hit by a truck and had a small portion of it's offside rear peeled off - quite neatly, but the bus will no doubt be off the road for a while. For the record the bus appeared to be at a stop and hopefully no one was injured.
yolo seems to be a bit of a trend!
CB80

Post by CB80 »

Oh dear, second Ventura bus hit by a truck in as many days... :shock:
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

Poor old 573... :cry:

Two discussion board members have driven her in the last few days - both were clearly lucky not to have been driving her this afternoon... :|
demon_eric

Post by demon_eric »

i think that the truck driver just aren't paying attention to the buses and Ventura are just not having luck on their side when it come to this, sorry if this sounds weird but could the truck drivers be taking out Ventura buses since they've bought out about 3/4's of all the bus companies in Melbourne Metro?
Craig

Post by Craig »

E.L.Wood wrote:Listening to radio road traffic reports on the radio this evening(9/2)stated there was a nasty accident involving a bus on Warrigal Road Cheltenham and as I drove past the site, I noted (573)had been hit by a truck and had a small portion of it's offside rear peeled off - quite neatly, but the bus will no doubt be off the road for a while. For the record the bus appeared to be at a stop and hopefully no one was injured.
Article on the Moorabbin Leader website - http://moorabbin-leader.whereilive.com. ... -in-crash/

Photos - http://moorabbin-leader.whereilive.com. ... heltenham/

Reports that a 63 yo passenger was injured.

Kind Regards

MMTB Busnut
Favourite Vehicle: MMTB MAN Mk1, 259

Post by MMTB Busnut »

Craig wrote:
E.L.Wood wrote:Listening to radio road traffic reports on the radio this evening(9/2)stated there was a nasty accident involving a bus on Warrigal Road Cheltenham and as I drove past the site, I noted (573)had been hit by a truck and had a small portion of it's offside rear peeled off - quite neatly, but the bus will no doubt be off the road for a while. For the record the bus appeared to be at a stop and hopefully no one was injured.
Article on the Moorabbin Leader website - http://moorabbin-leader.whereilive.com. ... -in-crash/
Photos - http://moorabbin-leader.whereilive.com. ... heltenham/
Reports that a 63 yo passenger was injured.
Kind Regards
The amount of accidents with Vehicles hitting stationary buses is surely growing. VBL have been very unlucky to have two seriously damaged vehicles in as many days.
Alot of road users are just not paying attention to what is going on around them ouside of their vehicle, not anticipating or being ready for the unexpected, and basicly not adhearing to road laws either.
Punish these twits serverely and get them off the road PERMANATLY! :twisted:
If it works, why change it!
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Mercedes »

I wonder if the truck even stopped? The article states they believed the truck was damaged but no other details.
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

Mercedes wrote:I wonder if the truck even stopped? The article states they believed the truck was damaged but no other details.
If the truck had not stopped, after a major collision with a PT vehicle causing injury and substantial damage, that would be big news in itself, so hopefully we can assume that it did.
BluDART

Post by BluDART »

Noticed before boarding bus 563 at box hill towards doncaster on a 903 that in the rear near side corner panel had damage in the form of a hole, slightly bigger than a golf in width, one does wonder how a bus manages to get this sort of damage considering it was just above the bottom set of tail-lights.
must admit though eastcoast sure is going to have a busy month of repairs for the company

In regards to the pics of bus 573, it looks as if its a can of sardines being peeled open.

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”