Bus Routes - What would you do if you were in charge?

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

PoweredByCNG
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O 405

Bus Routes - What would you do if you were in charge?

Post by PoweredByCNG »

G'day all,

Lately, I've been thinking hard about bus routes that we need. Living in the Canning contract area, I can see several areas that either have a very low quality service or no service at all.

The following are suggestions that I have.

75: Canning Vale - Esplanade Busport
From a stop near Canning Vale depot on Bannister Rd, via existing 75 route to Willeri Dr/High Rd then via High Rd, Leach Av, Corinthian Rd, Veronica St, Barbican St E, then via existing 75 route to Esplanade Busport. Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 15min during peak periods, 30min off-peak, 60min nights, 30min Saturdays, 60min Sundays. Timetabled with route 72 to form an ultra-high frequency between Curtin University and Perth City.

506: Bull Creek Station - Murdoch Station
From a stand at Bull Creek Station, via Leach Hwy, Bull Creek Dr, Camm Av, Parry Ave, Benningfield Rd, South St terminating at Murdoch Station. Hours of operation: Monday-Saturday, 20min during peak periods, 60min off-peak, 60min Saturdays.

507: Bull Creek Station - Cannington Station
From a stand at Bull Creek Station, via Leach Hwy, Karel Av, Apsley Rd, Vahland Av, Collins Rd, Willeri Dr, Vellgrove Av, Pegley Dr, Lyndale Av, Hossack Av, Willeri Dr, Riley Rd, Riverton Dr E, Fern Rd, Bungaree Rd, Leach Hwy, Manning Rd, Cecil Av to Cannington Station. Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 15min during peak periods, 30min off-peak, 60min nights/weekends.

508: Bull Creek Station - Cannington Station
Via existing route 508. Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 15min during peak periods, 30min off-peak, 60min nights/weekends.

509: Bull Creek Station - Cannington Station
From a stand at Bull Creek Station, via existing 170 route to Leach Hwy/Bungaree Rd then via Leach Hwy, Braibrise Rd, Manning Rd, Albany Hwy, Cecil Av to Cannington Station. Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 15min during peak periods, 30min off-peak, 60min nights, 30min Saturdays, 60min Sundays.

515: Leeming Circular
From a stand at Murdoch Station, via existing route 515 to Farrington Rd, then via existing route 516 to South Street via Casserly Dr, then via South St returning to Murdoch Station. Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 15min during peak periods, 20min off-peak, 60min nights, 30min Saturdays, 60min Sundays.

516: Bull Creek Station - Murdoch Station
From a stand at Bull Creek Station, via Leach Hwy, Karel Ave, Acanthus Rd, Asler Av, Apsley Rd, Pinetree Gully Rd, South St, Beasley Rd, Karel Av, South St to Murdoch Station. Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 15min during peak periods, 60min off-peak, 60min weekends.

518: Murdoch Station - Cockburn Central Station
From Murdoch Station, via South St, Karel Av, Berrigan Dr, Jandakot Rd, Warton Rd, Armadale Rd, Beeliar Dr, Midgegooroo Dr, Stockton Bnd to Cockburn Central Station. Hours of operation: Monday-Saturday, 20min during peak periods, 60min off-peak, 120min Saturdays.

850, 851, 852, 853, 854: Murdoch University / Murdoch Station - Cannington Station / Maddington Station (SOUTH STREET TRANSITWAY)
Via existing 206, 207, 208, 850 and 851 routes. Alternating services every 6min peak/off-peak, 12min nights/weekends.

910: Bull Creek Station - Cannington Station HIGH FREQUENCY SERVICE
Via existing route 507. Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 10min during peak periods, 15min off-peak, 30min nights/weekends.

911: Bull Creek Station - Cannington Station HIGH FREQUENCY SERVICE
From a stand at Bull Creek Station, via Leach Hwy, High Rd, Nicholson Rd, Albany Hwy, Liege St, Grose Av, Carousel Rd, Cecil Av to Cannington Station (returning via Cecil Av, Albany Hwy, Nicholson Rd then reverse of the above). Hours of operation: Monday-Sunday, 10min during peak periods, 20min off-peak, 60min nights, 30min Saturdays, 60min Sundays.

Any more ideas?

Regards,
Dave
Proud owner of ex-Transperth 1042 and ex-Transperth 1114.
laptop15

Re: Bus Routes - What would you do if you were in charge?

Post by laptop15 »

More services in Landsdale, Madley and Darch with more late night services and sunday services. More improves direct express and limited stop services along the northen corridors again more late night and sunday services.
PoweredByCNG

Post by PoweredByCNG »

laptop15 wrote:More services in Landsdale, Madley and Darch with more late night services and sunday services. More improves direct express and limited stop services along the northen corridors again more late night and sunday services.
Yeah, I agree. Bring back the 366 and make the 66 an express service again.

The Landsdale/Darch/Madeley needs a 7-day-a-week reasonable frequency service that operates between Whitfords and Mirrabooka.

Regards,
Dave
PathTransit
Favourite Vehicle: TP1854_TP1133_TP1114_UQB697

Post by PathTransit »

PoweredByCNG wrote:
laptop15 wrote:More services in Landsdale, Madley and Darch with more late night services and sunday services. More improves direct express and limited stop services along the northen corridors again more late night and sunday services.
Yeah, I agree. Bring back the 366 and make the 66 an express service again.

The Landsdale/Darch/Madeley needs a 7-day-a-week reasonable frequency service that operates between Whitfords and Mirrabooka.

Regards,
Dave
I have written them a letter as well to mention about the Landsdale bus services improvement.

They gave me a call few days later and said route 352 will be replaced by a new route.

This new route is still deciding the exactly route , but most of the suggestions will be extend the route 372 terminus to Whitfords Interchange via old 352 route from Darch area.

They will also keep in eye on the route 376 runs. More additional runs may be seen later.

On the other hand is, it may also have a new route from Landsdale to Greenwood train station after the 352 is cancelled.

These are all just part of their ideas I've been told. It is still not be confirmed yet.

Regards,

Jerry
Noticed by Path Transit. Thank you for your attention.
98/99 Circle Route (Morley Bus Station <--> Fremantle Interchange)
887 (Alexender Heights <--> Perth/Wellington Street Bus Station)
d_train
Favourite Vehicle: anything Bendy!

Post by d_train »

After seeing first hand the S**T schedulers and planners put up with, not to mention thier workload, you wouldnt get me in there for quids ..
"A word to the wise is not necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
laptop15

Post by laptop15 »

I have written them a letter as well to mention about the Landsdale bus services improvement.

They gave me a call few days later and said route 352 will be replaced by a new route.

This new route is still deciding the exactly route , but most of the suggestions will be extend the route 372 terminus to Whitfords Interchange via old 352 route from Darch area.

They will also keep in eye on the route 376 runs. More additional runs may be seen later.

On the other hand is, it may also have a new route from Landsdale to Greenwood train station after the 352 is cancelled.

These are all just part of their ideas I've been told. It is still not be confirmed yet.
Last time I talked to them about landsdale services they said they cant do it just because I want it, but im not the I only one who wants aleast sunday services. Southern Landsale dont have any services nore does northen Darch/Madley on Sat and everywere Sunday, extending the 372 is a good idea but makes it long trip for start to finish. But if they do cancell the 352 and extend 372 i hope they do put a service from Landsale to the train line, I hate going to Mirrabokka. And please services after 7 and sunday services transperth!!!
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

My Ideas have been passed on to PTA which is currently being investigated but some others would be..........
Remove Ellenbrook Transfer Stn and replace it with a bus depot of capacity of +50Vehicles other than the current 20capacity depot.
Route 336/337 Morley/Bassendean to Ellenbrook Central Flyer Service Monday to Friday(PEAK 20min Frequency, OFF PEAK 30min, NIGHT 60MIN, WEEKEND 50MIN
Follow existing route until discontinued Ellenbrook Transfer Stn then along Pinaster Pde and Main St to a terminus at Main St Business District area. With connections with the following routes

Route 335 Ellenbrook to Midland

Existing route departing Main St Business District Area. PEAK30mins Only

Route 338 Ellenbrook-Henley Brook-Aveley South-Ellenbrook Local Service M-F30MINS,PEAK20MINS,WEEKEND AND NIGHT 60MINS.

Along existing route to Gnangara road then through Henley Brook and Aveley (South Only) and back to Ellenbrook.

Route 339 Ellenbrook-Woodlake Blvd-Aveley North-The Vines(East Side! Not Golf Course!) Same frequency as 338.

Via Pinaster Pde and then via existing 336 route along Woodlake Blvd then into Aveley(North Only) and through to North Ellenbrook(The Vines)

Route 340 Ellenbrook-Galatea PS-The Vines Golf Club Frequency same as 338,339

Along existing 336 route to Galatea Ps then route decided after.

Route 341 Ellenbrook-Coolamon Blvd-The Vines West Frequency same as 338,339,340

Along existing 338 to Coolamon Blvd then via same route as 340.
PathTransit
Favourite Vehicle: TP1854_TP1133_TP1114_UQB697

Post by PathTransit »

laptop15 wrote:

Last time I talked to them about landsdale services they said they cant do it just because I want it, but im not the I only one who wants aleast sunday services. Southern Landsale dont have any services nore does northen Darch/Madley on Sat and everywere Sunday, extending the 372 is a good idea but makes it long trip for start to finish. But if they do cancell the 352 and extend 372 i hope they do put a service from Landsale to the train line, I hate going to Mirrabooka. And please services after 7 and sunday services transperth!!!
I agree, I really have no idea why they don't put more 352 services so passengers can choose them then catch trains to city or up north area.

Also, the train runs every 15 minutes so it is very easy to pick up the passengers by train, instead of 376 to Mirrabooka.
There are only few 377 extention services back to Landsdale. It is used long time to travel the 354, then 377 (Left , right, left, right..) then 376 route.

How about Darch? It is nothing in there...

Have they cancelled building the railway line to Ellenbrook?
It is not enough to use 336 then transfer buses (Eg. route 60) to city.

Regards,

Jerry
Noticed by Path Transit. Thank you for your attention.
98/99 Circle Route (Morley Bus Station <--> Fremantle Interchange)
887 (Alexender Heights <--> Perth/Wellington Street Bus Station)
Leyland B21
Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Post by Leyland B21 »

I agree with most of what Dave said. Leeming Definately needs an after hours service as it has not had one since the days of the old 195 Booragoon - Yangebup service.

What I would add is:

519 Keep route as is but extend to Kelmscott from its Harrisdale Terminus via Wright Rd, Right at Ranford Rd, Left Lake Rd, Right Champion Dve, Left Westfield Rd, Right Railway Ave to Terminate at Kelmscott Interchange.

This gives area like Ranford Rd south of Warton Rd a service.

251 Delete It
Replace all 251 services with route 252 to give full service between Mundijong & Armadale 7 days a week

231 / 232 Modify to take in Crandon St , George St, Fremantle Rd & Corfield St. These areas are only serviced by 210 and 211 between 6am and 6:30pm Mon - Sat

32 Extend from terminus in Melville Pde to Canning Bridge Station
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
Bus-1809
Favourite Vehicle: As long as it's not a B7...

Post by Bus-1809 »

I agree with PBCNG and LeylandB21 except that the 32 should terminate on Kintail Rd then leave via, Kintail, L.Forbes/Sleat, L. Canning to pick up the route that B21 proposed.
If it's not a ZF, take it back!

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,300 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.
PoweredByCNG

Post by PoweredByCNG »

Bus-1809 wrote:I agree with PBCNG and LeylandB21 except that the 32 should terminate on Kintail Rd then leave via, Kintail, L.Forbes/Sleat, L. Canning to pick up the route that B21 proposed.
You beat me to it.

Canning Bridge does NOT have a suitable layover facility for terminating services.

Regards,
Dave
Bus 400

Post by Bus 400 »

Would a flexibus system work for late night routes?

A flexibus system is where after a certain time the driver waits at the train/bus station & takes whatever passengers on a more direct route to the passengers nearest stop. If people in the suburbs wish to catch this bus they call up & on the way back the driver will pick them up from the nearest stop. You could also run direct services from train stations to bus stations that are out of the way.

An example would be the 920 would run from Fremantle to Rockingham. But would only stop at shopping centers or Kwinana Bus Station. Route 540 would then be set aside for the whole Kwinanna area. So the driver would run from start at Kwinana Station, Kwinana Bus Station & Wellard Station (only if confirmation of passengers from station staff). If there are any passengers he would drop them from the nearest bus stop. Because only one bus is set aside for the Kwinanan region, the Wilson security car could stay with the one bus the whole time & not check on a few buses at once.

Of course if some services regularly get a high number of passengers then those routes can stay the same track. Also for the stingy Government, as some buses will be on the road less less petrol will be used. Although cover your eyes, some drivers will be paid for doing nothing at times (uncover your eyes now).
PoweredByCNG

Post by PoweredByCNG »

Bus 400 wrote:Would a flexibus system work for late night routes?
No, not with the way that the Government pays the contractors.
...as some buses will be on the road less less petrol will be used...
Petrol and buses? You're joking, right?

Regards,
Dave
Bus 400

Post by Bus 400 »

PoweredByCNG wrote:
...as some buses will be on the road less less petrol will be used...
Petrol and buses? You're joking, right?

Regards,
Dave
I was talking to Public Servants, I could say buses ran on food & they would believe me.
insert_coin
Favourite Vehicle: 2-door HQ Monaro

Post by insert_coin »

I reckon run a bus outa WSBS via old yellow clipper to the terrace, over the causeway bridge via vic park to armadale, onto armadale rd to the kwinana fwy then south to lake clifton via fwy and forrest hwy returning to mandurah via dawesville and continuing north to rocky via mandurah rd and further north again to freo via rocky rd (yes via kwinana hub); then via route 381 to scarborough and then via west coast hwy/marmion ave through mullaloo-kinross-clarkson-yanchep-two rocks and returning via wanneroo rd to wanneroo skirting over to mirrabooka and morley then via beaufort st ALL-STOPS into the city turning right at wellington st to terminate on A row WSBS before departing again.

Frequency:
Mon to Sun 0500 to 0155 every 3 minutes.
Service:
Free
Climate change - a political tool to accuse "deniers".
Let the immature & gullible stumble. It's an enjoyable train wreck LOL
The climate changes every second and always will.
laptop15

Post by laptop15 »

insert_coin wrote:I reckon run a bus outa WSBS via old yellow clipper to the terrace, over the causeway bridge via vic park to armadale, onto armadale rd to the kwinana fwy then south to lake clifton via fwy and forrest hwy returning to mandurah via dawesville and continuing north to rocky via mandurah rd and further north again to freo via rocky rd (yes via kwinana hub); then via route 381 to scarborough and then via west coast hwy/marmion ave through mullaloo-kinross-clarkson-yanchep-two rocks and returning via wanneroo rd to wanneroo skirting over to mirrabooka and morley then via beaufort st ALL-STOPS into the city turning right at wellington st to terminate on A row WSBS before departing again.

Frequency:
Mon to Sun 0500 to 0155 every 3 minutes.
Service:
Free
How long would that take? 5, 6 hours? You would need alot of short workings to make it workable. The last service would have to depart around 4 -5 pm or it would run to late.
Leyland B21

Post by Leyland B21 »

more to add, after doing some investigating!!!

240[ b] Delete It[/b] Replace with new route 241, Service runs as follows, Via normal route 241 to Peet Rd. Then Instead of turning into Peet Rd from Brookton Hwy, Service continues up Brookton Hwy, left Westbourne Rd, Left Northward Rd, Right Valley View Rd, Right Holden Rd, Left Raeburn, Left Peet Rd, Right Urch Rd, Left Canning Mills Rd, Right Clifton St, Right Martin St, Left Merrilee Tce, Left Connell Ave, Right Lucich St, Right Martin St, Left Gilwell Ave, Right Denny Ave, Right Railway Ave into Kelmcott Interchange.

This kills 2 birds with one stone, keeping the service circular, Not as many steep inclines like Peet Rd as your heading reverse.

Monday - Friday 5am - 10pm Every 20 minutes peak, every 60 minutes off peak
Saturdays 6am - 10pm Every 90 minutes
Sundays 8am - 7pm Every 90 minutes

Route 255 - New route - Armadale to Bedfordale Circular
Departs from Armadale Interchange, Via Commerce Ave, right Fourth Rd, Left Church Ave, Right Armadale Rd, Straight Albany Hwy, Left Waterwheel Rd, Left Dumas Dve, Left Waterwheel Rd North, Left Churchmans Brook Rd, Left Canns Rd, Right Carradine Rd, Right Albany Hwy, Straight Armadale Rd, Left Church Ave, Right Fourth Rd, Left Commerce Ave into Armadale Interchange

Monday - Friday 6am - 7pm Every 40 minutes peak, every 120 off peak
Saturdays 8am - 6pm Every 120 minutes
Sundays No Service

Route 294 Modify

As per normal route from Cannington until Hale Rd, Turn left at Sheffield Rd, Right St John Rd, Right Hardey Rd East, Left Hale Rd, then as per normal route, gives a more enhanced service to Wattle Grove
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
PoweredByCNG

Post by PoweredByCNG »

Leyland B21 wrote:Not as many steep inclines like Peet Rd as your heading reverse.
It's the harsh elevations of Peet Rd and Valley View Rd that make route 241 interesting!

Regards,
Dave
Leyland B21

Post by Leyland B21 »

:lol: Dave, i so knew you would comment on your beloved 241
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

TP3002 Master Plan. Different to the first.

Part 1

Route 5 New CAT Service
Change route into cat like service for weekdays only.

Route 10 Joondalup Cat
No change

Route 11 Joondalup Cat
No change

Route 15 WSBS-Glendalough
Extend to Glendalough Station.

Route 16 Busport-Dianella-Morley
Extend to Morley via existing 20 route.

Route 17 WSBS-Dianella-Noranda-Morley
Run as a limited stop service to Dianella then all stops to Morley Senior High School with selected services extending to Morley on weekdays.

Route 18 New Route
Run from Morley down existing 60 route then along existing 16 route to Dianella then down to Yokine via ECU Mt Lawley.
(Note. Service is not a direct service to ECU.

Route 19 WSBS-Yokine
Normal route with deviations to ECU every 60mins during day and every 30mins during morning and afternoon Uni Days.

Route 20 Morley-ECU Mt Lawley-Beaufort St Shops
Normal direct route to ECU Mt Lawley then extend to Walcott St near Beaufort St with connections at William St with 16,60 to Perth and at Beaufort St for routes 21,22,66,67,68,69

Routes 21-52 coming soon.
Last edited by Mr OC Benz on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leyland B21

Post by Leyland B21 »

TP3002 wrote:TP3002 Master Plan. Different to the first.

Route 19
Normal route

what exactly is the proposal for this route?
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Minor time changes to coincide with other buses from other locations. i.e Morley, ECU maybe North Perth.
Leyland B21

Post by Leyland B21 »

Never living in the northern suburbs with the exception of Claremont and Herdsman as i resided in Armadale for most of the 28 yrs i lived in Perth, how far exactly is Bradford St/Alexander Dve from ECU? Im under the understanding that route 19, especially with its Menora Homes deviation surely cant be that far away!!!
insert_coin

Post by insert_coin »

276-277-278 re-numbered 406-407-408 and extended to Stirling to "re-vitalise" some pretty tired workings that aren't offering anything new within their vicinity.
insert_coin

Post by insert_coin »

laptop15 wrote: How long would that take? 5, 6 hours? You would need alot of short workings to make it workable. The last service would have to depart around 4 -5 pm or it would run to late.
But imagine the employment created laps?

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”