MB ABM Starliner OH 1627 Started, now not starting?

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Katfre

MB ABM Starliner OH 1627 Started, now not starting?

Post by Katfre »

Hi all, I'm new here. Really need your help! I just bought a Mercedes-Benz 2001 ABM Starliner OH 1627. When I picked it up it started ok and then I drove it 30km to my yard and now it won't start. The bus had been sitting for 3 years and had only done 2,000 km from it's last full service. It drove great and didn't miss a beat unfortunately I can't get it to start. Batteries are new and fully charged. It looks like there is no power going to the starter button. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Re: MB ABM Starliner OH 1627 Started, now not starting?

Post by Guy_Arab »

contact me i have a mercedes repair manual might help i can send a wirring data email if you need it
guy arab
Katfre

Re: MB ABM Starliner OH 1627 Started, now not starting?

Post by Katfre »

Guy_Arab wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:51 pm contact me i have a mercedes repair manual might help i can send a wirring data email if you need it
guy arab
Hi Guy, The bus was an ex-Eastern Goldfields Transport Board, Kalgoorlie, WA TC 4346. I would appreciate your help. My name is Fred and my email address is katfre@australiantours.com.au If you have any manuals on this bus I am more than happy to pay a reasonable price.

The bus was last registered in NSW as TV 9718. It was last worked until the registration expiring in or before May 2020. It became a repairable write-off when it went around a corner while doing rail work and the wheelchair lift came out of the bus after hitting an object. The bus was then sent to auction. The new owner Burkes Coaches bought it in the hope of repairing it. He underestimated the cost of repairs and had it sitting for around 3 years. I don't plan for it to be a public passenger vehicle anymore, so the wheelchair lift is being removed with the minor damage being repaired.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”