Photos in the board and Photo Gallery

News and comments about this board.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Photos in the board and Photo Gallery

Post by Fleet Lists »

The subject of the lack of photos has been raised on a number of occasions recently.
Many previous photo contributors as well as one current one, now have their own Frickr photo gallery.

Hence I have now raised a new section in the Enthousiasts page within this link https://www.busaustralia.com/links2.php#ausenth where a number of known Frickr pages belonging to known Frickr contributors, are listed.

This could well be then end of adding further photos to the photo gallery attached to Bus Australia.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome.
Living in the Shire.
Campbelltown busboy

Re: Photos in the board and Photo Gallery

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

You could do a state by state search though the photo section of this borad and see if there is any photos you can use in the photo gallery
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I currently have still have over 400 photos lined up for the photo gallery so that aspect is currently under control.
Living in the Shire.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Unfortunately a tough decision to make however I do understand the board administrators decisions as to why it has come to this and whatever direction they decide to go down is really up to them.

The majority of photos seem to be coming from Noel who yes has a Flickr Page and shares photos on here, Centralian does share photos on here from time to time however not sure if he shares them elsewhere, The Inspector I know shares them both on here and on Facebook groups, Myself the majority of photos I share here, I have my own Facebook page yes (and website that is still under construction) however again I share the majority of my photos here and Fleet-Lists here and possibly the ATDB Facebook Page? (The last is possibly an assumption as I'm not part of the group and not sure if he is on there).

Hence again why I mentioned that I said I see why the administrators have come to this, not only is the number of active contributors listed very small but the majority seem to have their own places where they share photos before coming here and from the administration POV they have try and justify why they want to keep photo submissions open when it feels like it has been made redundant to them.

On the other hand, maybe it could be kept open just for when and if someone sends an email to Fleet-Lists with photos they want submitted to the gallery? I think this is unlikely to be used again given the small submitter numbers but worth it to keep content coming in rather compared to not having anything at all coming in, good for those rainy days I suppose.

While I am here and we're on the topic of this, It has been wonderful sharing my photos with the Community and having them in the Gallery, I'm really appreciative of it and happy to have been a contributor. I will definitely try to keep my own content coming where I can for you tho may just be a while (work and all) but better late than never too I suppose.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Since my previous post I received an email that the photo gallery was running out of memory (caused not only by the photo gallery). Some changes have been made to alleviate the situation but theses would be of a temporary nature only.

Hence it has now been decided that photos from members, which are also included in their own Flickr library, will be no longer be included in the photo gallery and any such photos which are already in the photo gallery (including my own) will be progressively deleted from the photo gallery. In the case of my own pre 2019 photos they will be moved if considered good enough (a lot are not) before being deleted.

The photo gallery home page now includes links to various Flickr libraries including one for the Bus Australia Group https://www.flickr.com/groups/busaustralia/ which until today I did not even know it existed.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have now deleted my own photos which I had added this year to both the photo gallery and FlickR where they are available in https://www.flickr.com/photos/193972346@N05/

Today I commenced on deleting Noel's photos which are also available in https://www.flickr.com/photos/189347680@N08/

I will continue to move my pre 2019 photos probably at a rate of 2 a day. This will be reviewed once Noel's photos have been removed.

Newer photos will continue to be added so for the time being the number of photos in the gallery will remain pretty well constant.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

70% of my photos have now been moved at a rate of 4 most days (not 2 a day) (except where I may be adding one or more new photos) and I think this will be finished by the end of this year.

As far as adding further photos to the photo gallery, I have 7 photos left which means I will run out on Saturday so that will be the end of that unless some more photos become available.
Living in the Shire.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Fleet Lists wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:25 pm As far as adding further photos to the photo gallery, I have 7 photos left which means I will run out on Saturday so that will be the end of that unless some more photos become available.
I still have a trove of photos if there is any interest the board members wanting to see them and there is still storage space free on the gallery. I've semi-slowed down posting here because there's not too much activity in threads after the photos have been posted and on top of that my own work commitments.

If your keen, please respond.

Thank you!
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:25 pm 70% of my photos have now been moved at a rate of 4 most days (not 2 a day) (except where I may be adding one or more new photos) and I think this will be finished by the end of this year.

Now 100% moved so I made the end of the year dead line.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”