Bus Observations 2023

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Bus Observations 2023

Post by Fleet Lists »

Yes I forgot to mention those. They have 15 of them mainly in region 1 but 4 in Ryde, with fleet numbers ranging from 1661 to 1678 with three numbers not used. So yes anything is possible in the future.
Living in the Shire.
Bovways

Post by Bovways »

pgt wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:24 pm
Fleet Lists wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:09 pm Going back in memory The changes to the ex STA fleet numbers were done because they clashed with fleet numbers in their South Australia fleet.
So even with the STA numbers there is no certainty that they will keep the matching numbers and I suspect that when they acquire new buses they will also be allocated fleet numbers from their sequential series.
And there they are up to 1454 so before long they will reach 1500 where the ex STA numbers start with a lot of gaps so it will be interesting to see if they will then fill those gaps or start at some other higher number.
Considering one of the ex STA Volvo B10BLE Orana buses now with Busways Ryde already has a fleet number 1686 (registration m/o 8568), other than it either filling in gaps in what appears to be a centralised management system numerically (or some other reason only known to Busways), it's anybody's guess what fleet numbers a new bus will get (particularly when they start replacing the oldest buses in the R7 fleet).
Also remember that the electrics in Region 1 made a clear break with fleet numbers and were numbered from 5000 upwards. So this could happen for new buses in Region 7, which would all be electric under current government policy.
Benny95

Post by Benny95 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:32 am Finally, ComfortDelGro has had some sense and obtained an ex STA Scania L113CRL, only took them 24+ years :lol: (Sarcasm)

But yeah, the way things are going I'd imagine must like last nights Busways Cases these are the "new" buses, question is through B8R or the B8RLE?

Kinda why I hate them recycling transponders, reprograming them isn't seen as a big priority if at all so you've got buses running around as different type and model Cough *Newcastle Transport ZDI* cough.
Seen the disguised Scania this afternoon near Anna Bay. It is Volvo B8R 9841 MO
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That is not isolated to Newcastle - earlier I discussed something similar with Transdev in Sydney region 10.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Skennars m/o 8356 does not appear in the fleet list but from a photo I took about half an hour ago it appears to be ex
Operator Kinetic Group - Turrella
Depot Turrella
Fleet Number 6002
Registration TV 9099
Chassis Type Iveco Metro
Chassis No 6F2BARB003DK00760
Body Manufacturer Custom Coaches CB60
Body No 04-075
Body Date 2/05
Status Withdrawn
Seating Codes B49FW
Notes ex TV 8478 19/12/16; ex 1921 MO 30/10/15; ex Marrickville Bus Lines Pty Ltd, Arncliffe (Rachwal family ownership) 6/5/14; ex F & R Martin Pty Ltd, Albury (109) 1921 MO 22/11/12; ex MO 6700; First reg 11/9/06 ex Iveco Demonstrator m/o 9034.
Dereg Retained by Dunn under Custom Bus Group 25/10/19 prior to the sale of Telfords and transferred to St Marys for storage by 12/19.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It has since been added to the fleet list.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

I was looking at the Sydney Olympic Park major event route map and noticed that the most recent version (v10) was published on 23/2/2023. I don't know when version 9 was published? Version 8 was published on 15/9/2022.

Version 10 has had the 'P' parking icon added to the map at the relevant train or metro stations that major event services use.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Does anyone know what is going on with Coastal Liner & CDC? Seen a video where some of their buses have had CL branding removed and replaced with CDC Charter, I know of one of their Iveco Metros (Non TNSW) and 3583 MO having had their CL branding removed for CDC Charter.

I'm of the awareness Costal Liner was a part Charter operator / part revenue service operator prior to the purchase of it by CDC however wasn't aware CDC was creating a secondary Charter operation in NSW.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

As part of the rollout of the CDC NSW brand throughout the state, presumably all charter vehicles are being rebranded with CDC Charter signage.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I agree - CDC Charter has existed for a number of years.
Living in the Shire.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Noel wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:20 pm The ESR shutdown this weekend is operating under the Emergency Bussing contract, for which Rover hold the contract hence the lack of Opal machines and variety of vehicles and operators.
The Emergency Bussing Contract has been activated again this weekend for Airport line routes 60T8 and 61T8. Route 62T8 will be operated by Busways as per normal.

Plenty of variety out on the airport line this weekend :)
LB608

Post by LB608 »

The first TV B Plate has been issued TV 012B To Macquarie Education Tours Cardiff Volvo B11R
Will1979

Post by Will1979 »

boronia wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:39 am
Merc1107 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:11 pm Has the STA agreement been preserved into perpetuity, or do they only have to retain it until its expiry? I know the latter occurred in Darwin when DBS was wound up; a new agreement was rolled out, and after a time FairWork found it was reasonable for the operator of the day to cancel the old DBS agreement and roll staff onto the new one. Drivers lost all penalties (and weekday overtime/Sat rates decreased to 1.35x), in exchange for about a $5/hr raise. Didn't work out as good as it sounded.
IIRC, those drivers who transferred across were guaranteed RTBU conditions for 2 years.

Maybe someone involved can confirm this?
From a brief look at the Enterprise Agreements for each operator

-Keolis Downer has just rolled over the STA agreement for both new and existing employees so the pay and conditions remain the same.
-Transdev John Holland has also just rolled over the STA agreement for both new and existing employees so the pay and conditions are the same
-Busways created a different agreement for new employees which is broadly the same as the STA one in terms of Pay and Conditions.
-Transit Systems has a new agreement completely different to the STA one.

As far as I can see the main losses of conditions for KD, TDJH and Busways is the loss of free Opal pass meaning about $3k pay cut annually for drivers. In practice as well the operators might be changing rosters etc to save money.

TfNSW should just make a standard EA to be used across all regions, with additional location allowances for working at certain depots in less desirable locations. An example of this in practice already operates in hospitals contracted to provide service to NSW Health (St Vincent Public, Calvary Mater etc) where they have an EA that just mirrors the NSW Health pay and conditions despite being private entities. They should also reinstate the free Opal, but for all contract regions not just STA in order to attract drivers.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Will1979 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:58 pm
boronia wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:39 am

IIRC, those drivers who transferred across were guaranteed RTBU conditions for 2 years.

Maybe someone involved can confirm this?
TfNSW should just make a standard EA to be used across all regions, with additional location allowances for working at certain depots in less desirable locations. ............. They should also reinstate the free Opal, but for all contract regions not just STA in order to attract drivers.
Is it up to TfNSW or the Operators to negotiate the EA's?
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

The operators employ drivers, therefore it falls upon them without TfNSW stipulating anything in the contracts.

Not the worst idea standardising remuneration for front-line staff, as the operators would then be competing on actual operating efficiencies. Would certainly help thin out some of the more bureaucratic organisations.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Glen wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:34 pm
Will1979 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:58 pm

TfNSW should just make a standard EA to be used across all regions, with additional location allowances for working at certain depots in less desirable locations. ............. They should also reinstate the free Opal, but for all contract regions not just STA in order to attract drivers.
Is it up to TfNSW or the Operators to negotiate the EA's?
I'd guess it is up to the operators. The whole idea of privatisation was take IR out of government hands.

TfNSW could still offer incentives like free travel, via the operators.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

The following new B TV plates have been noted
TV010B Lexus station Wagon
011B Toyota Kluger station wagon
012B Volvo B11R
017B Mitis,Rosa
018B Toyota Hi Ace Commter
019B Higer Road Boss
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Another unknown Optimus in TNSW Livery heading out on John Renshaw Drive this afternoon at Beresfield.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Benny95

Post by Benny95 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:38 pm Another unknown Optimus in TNSW Livery heading out on John Renshaw Drive this afternoon at Beresfield.
I think Edgeworth scored one of the new Enduras. Sighted it this morning but didn’t catch rego…. Was doing run 6246
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I know for certain 9841 is a Thornton bus, was parked in depot yard next to some Volgren SC222's when I drove past on the weekend, as is 9844

Fleet-lists says their all at Thornton through? Was there an unlisted Endura that possibly snuck through if that is the case?
Benny95

Post by Benny95 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:37 pm I know for certain 9841 is a Thornton bus, was parked in depot yard next to some Volgren SC222's when I drove past on the weekend, as is 9844

Fleet-lists says their all at Thornton through? Was there an unlisted Endura that possibly snuck through if that is the case?
If I’m early enough in the morning I might try and catch a glimpse of it if I can. My guess could possibly be one of the 4 already lurking about. As mentioned before. Heaps of new B8RLE Optimuses and a B8R Endura sitting at Edgeworth late last week
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

To the best of my knowledge, since its inception route 469 Glebe - Leichhardt MarketPlace has been exclusively operated by Transit System's Leichhardt depot, logical as it terminates only a kilometre or so away from that depot. Today a Metrobus liveried Volvo B12BLE still with Burwood accreditation and run plate was operating a service. A Volvo B10BLE was also operating a driver training run on Marion Street, an area that Burwood buses are not normally seen. Perhaps there has been some shuffling of routes within Transit Systems.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Perhaps monitoring the route for a few days would give a better indication of a permanent change, rather than speculating over a single observation.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
alleve
Favourite Vehicle: The Kosi Express in Thredbo

Post by alleve »

Linto63 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:07 pm To the best of my knowledge, since its inception route 469 Glebe - Leichhardt MarketPlace has been exclusively operated by Transit System's Leichhardt depot, logical as it terminates only a kilometre or so away from that depot. Today a Metrobus liveried Volvo B12BLE still with Burwood accreditation and run plate was operating a service. A Volvo B10BLE was also operating a driver training run on Marion Street, an area that Burwood buses are not normally seen. Perhaps there has been some shuffling of routes within Transit Systems.
Or alternatively shuffling of buses between depots in preparation for the Elements to enter service and the handover of regions to Transit Systems. An interesting observation no doubt
Benny95

Post by Benny95 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:37 pm I know for certain 9841 is a Thornton bus, was parked in depot yard next to some Volgren SC222's when I drove past on the weekend, as is 9844

Mate I’ve done some driving this morning through Black Hill and Minmi and have found the following:

9844 MO doing Edgeworth Route 6282 (Thornton Accreditation)
9843 MO doing Edgeworth Route 6246 (Thornton Accreditation)

Possibly both transfers? I don’t know? As I honestly cannot see Thornton drivers doing Edgeworth runs as Edgeworth is apart of Outer Region 4 and Thornton is apart of Outer Region 2…..

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”