PTA / Transperth Service Changes - 2023

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Zidanehartono

PTA / Transperth Service Changes - 2023

Post by Zidanehartono »

Welcome to 2023!

Service changes on the PTA/Transperth network goes on this topic.
user3492984653

Re: PTA / Transperth Service Changes - 2023

Post by user3492984653 »

I'm not exactly sure how to do that preview thing the way everyone else does it, but Transperth have published the proposed Lakelands station route changes, and a survey will be open from the 6th to the 27th of January for the community to comment on the propositions.

https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Servic ... rk-changes
Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Post by Enviro 500 »

How soon till Lakelands is operational?
Traklink

Post by Traklink »

EDITED to highlight key service improvements in bold green
Transperth Website wrote:Lakelands Station Bus Network

Proposed Network Changes  

Route 558 Rockingham Station to Warnbro Station

Would undergo route and time changes
Route 558 would operate between Rockingham Station and Warnbro Station via Read St
Route 558 would run:
Every 10 min in peak
Every 15 min during the day
Every 30 min on Saturday
Every 30 min on Sunday

Route 558 would no longer operate south of Warnbro Station
Trips would be timed to connect with train services at Rockingham Station to and from Perth
Passengers south of Warnbro Station traveling to Rockingham would need to transfer to the train at either Warnbro,
Lakelands or Mandurah stations with new routes 574 or 585 connecting with train services
Passengers north of Warnbro Station traveling south of Warnbro Station would need to transfer at the station.

Route 559 Rockingham Station to Secret Harbour via Warnbro Station

Route 559 would be withdrawn
Route 558 and new Route 574 will be the best alternative routes
Additionally, Route 562 will be renumbered to display 559.

Route 561 Warnbro Station to Secret Harbour West

Would undergo route and time changes Route 561 is proposed to operate between Warnbro Station and
Secret Harbour via Warnbro Sound Av (no longer commencing at Rockingham)
There would be no change to frequency, however trip times would change to ensure coordination with
new Route 574 Services would be timed to connect with train services at Warnbro Station to and from Perth 
Passengers in Secret Harbour, Warnbro and Port Kennedy wishing to travel to Rockingham would need to
transfer at Warnbro Station to the train or Route 558.

Route 562 Rockingham Station to Warnbro Station via Willmott Dr

Route would be renumbered to display Route 559
There will be no changes to the route taken by buses or the frequency of services
Services will continue to connect with train services at Rockingham Station to/from Perth.

New Route 574 Warnbro Station to Lakelands Station

Proposed to operate between Warnbro Station and Lakelands Station via Secret Harbour, Golden Bay and Singleton
Route 574 would run:
Every 10 min in peak (currently every 20 on route 558/559)
Every 15 min off-peak between Warnbro Station and Secret Harbour (currently 15-30)
Every 30 min off-peak between Secret Harbour and Lakelands Station
Every 30 min on Saturday (currently 60)
Every 60 min on Sunday

Trips would be timed to connect with train services at Warnbro Station to and from Perth
Additional trips would operate before and after school with higher frequency services to cater for a range of local schools
Passengers in Secret Harbour, Golden Bay and Singleton traveling to Rockingham would need to transfer at Warnbro Station to the train or Route 558
Passengers in Secret Harbour, Golden Bay and Singleton traveling to Mandurah would need to transfer at Lakelands Station to the train or new Route 585.

New Route 577 Lakelands Station to Lakelands East

Proposed to operate a looping service from Lakelands Station to Lakelands East via Lake Valley Rd and Dragonfly Bvd
Every 20 min in peak
Every 60 min off-peak
Trips would be timed to connect with train services at Lakelands Station to and from Perth
This route is proposed to extend once there is further development of the local road network.

Route 584 Lakelands Station to Mandurah Station via Madora Bay

Would undergo route and time changes
Route 584 is proposed to operate between Lakelands Station (currently Madora Bay) and Mandurah Station via Madora Bay
Route 584 would run:
Every 20 min in peak
Every 60 min off-peak
Every 60 min on Saturday
Every 60 min on Sunday

Trips would be timed to connect with train services at Lakelands Station to and from Perth
Additional trips will operate before and after school with higher frequency services to cater for a range of local schools.

New Route 585 Lakelands Station to Mandurah Station via Mandurah Rd

Proposed to operate between Lakelands Station to Mandurah Station via Mandurah Rd
Route 585 would run:
Every 10 min in peak (currently every 20 on route 558)
Every 30 min off-peak
Every 60 min on Saturday
Every 60 min on Sunday

Route 585 would replace existing Route 558 along Mandurah Rd south of Lakelands
Passengers in Madora Bay and Meadow Springs traveling to Rockingham would need to transfer to the train at Lakelands Station.

Route 586 Lakelands Station to Mandurah Station via Meadow Springs

Route 586 is proposed to operate between Lakelands Station and Mandurah Station via Meadow Springs
Route 586 would run:
Every 20 min in peak
Every 30 min off-peak (currently every 60 minutes on route 587)
Every 60 min on Saturday
Every 60 min on Sunday

Additional trips will operate before and after school with higher frequency services to cater for a range of local schools.

Route 587 Mandurah Station to Lakelands

Route 587 would be withdrawn
Routes 584 and 586 are the best alternatives for passengers.

Network Maps 

Click here to download a map of the Lakelands bus network.

Click here to download a map of the Warnbro bus network.
Last edited by Traklink on Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catch a Traklink bus and you're on the train.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

user3492984653 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:42 pm I'm not exactly sure how to do that preview thing the way everyone else does it, but Transperth have published the proposed Lakelands station route changes, and a survey will be open from the 6th to the 27th of January for the community to comment on the propositions.

It seems that link has gone dead since you originally shared it (as it worked for me initially), with the announcement being here. The change has pulled the link to the Survey, and screwed up the behaviour of the collapsible dialogues. I had to use SeaMonkey with the NoScript addon to properly view the changes.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

In terms of the service changes themselves...

The Good:
  • Higher frequency on a number of the services, and good to see some improvement to weekend service frequencies
  • Shorter routes will theoretically improve the reliability of connections (with the final outcome being how the incumbent contractor organises each shift)
  • In a similar vein to the above, the shorter routes will hopefully mean a less complicated timetable, specifically all the school-related deviations (I think there are better ways than using half the alphabet in a single timetable, which I may cover elsewhere at another time)
  • Nice to see the 577 introduced to accommodate the new development east of Lakelands - far too often services are coming well after the development, or don't keep pace with the fringes of development (e.g. Hammond Park, Wellard East, etc)
The Bad:
It's no secret I'm not a fan of the approach whereby services are all split apart as soon as a new interchange opens up along (or near) existing services; in fact it seems as though if you're not making a journey with a city-bound connection (i.e. like that of a traditional 9-5'er commuter), Transperth don't want to know about you. At all.

Now it may be that the timed saved from a higher frequency (on some services) negates the time penalty, inconvenience and discomfort (we all know how disappointingly-bleak/non-weatherproof the facilities at every Transperth interchange are) of having to change buses, or onto a train, followed by another bus. However it makes local journeys 'across' stations that much more difficult.

It is not inconceivable that someone living between Warnbro and Lakelands would want to go to Rockingham or Mandurah, after all, both have huge shopping centres, popular spots for leisure, hospitals, schools and so on. In both cases the scenario is more or less the same, you either change buses at the next interchange on the journey (with no promise the services will connect, you might be waiting 15, 30, 60 minutes for the next bus), or change to a city-bound train. If you're heading north to Rockingham, you won't have a timetabled bus connection when you get there, likewise, heading south through Lakelands, you won't get a (truly) connecting train to Mandurah, because that's just not how it works. For the Mandurah journey, you probably needed another bus to get to the Forum anyway, so it's either three bus rides, or bus-train-bus.

There are plenty of other relevant examples that could be used here, this is just one that sprang to mind. Obviously it's important that the network integrate properly, but that's not what I'm criticising here; instead, I feel splitting everything apart for the sake of (what may be) a very irrelevant city train connection to be a very rigid approach that doesn't consider that people might like to use public transport for local journeys, if it was convenient! Hopefully the timetables can be organised such that waiting times between the bus services are minimised, or trips hard-linked together wherever possible, which we've seen with the 102/107 & 900, the 345 & 66/60, and more recently, the 376 & 370. Longer-term, something needs to be done about train frequencies on the north-south corridor, as there's no hope of being time-competitive against driving without services that properly connect

My other critique is evening and nighttime services are not mentioned at all in the proposal. Sure, they'll probably exist, but will it be an improvement, roughly equivalent, or a degradation over the existing network? Being a bus enthusiast, I know the general pattern of service levels for peak, off-peak, and weekends. However, nighttime service can vary a lot over the course of a week, and depending on the route. For me, the choice to use public transport is largely driven by whether I can get back again, not the damned peak service frequency.

The Unclear:
  • Is Warnbro big enough to comfortably accommodate the extra services when it is already quite short on space in the peaks? For example, the afternoon peak will be 9 buses an hour, versus the current 6 (although it seems 561s have a 5min wait before departure, whereas 558s have a 10min wait - so perhaps this will be where there will be gains from splitting the services up?)
  • If or when Karnup Station is built, will there be even more splitting of routes?
user3492984653

Post by user3492984653 »

Merc1107 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:33 pm
user3492984653 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:42 pm I'm not exactly sure how to do that preview thing the way everyone else does it, but Transperth have published the proposed Lakelands station route changes, and a survey will be open from the 6th to the 27th of January for the community to comment on the propositions.

It seems that link has gone dead since you originally shared it (as it worked for me initially), with the announcement being here. The change has pulled the link to the Survey, and screwed up the behaviour of the collapsible dialogues. I had to use SeaMonkey with the NoScript addon to properly view the changes.
It does certainly look like the original link has died, and since the drop-down menus on the new page are still broken as of me writing this, here is an archived version of the working page:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230104062 ... rk-changes
shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

user3492984653 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:18 am It does certainly look like the original link has died, and since the drop-down menus on the new page are still broken as of me writing this, here is an archived version of the working page:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230104062 ... rk-changes
The site had been up, but with the different URL listed below.
https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Servic ... us-network
WEMBLEY 75

Post by WEMBLEY 75 »

New timetables posted on TP webpage. Noticed a significant increase in Route 512 weekday extensions to Fremantle Station via North Coogee. No update summary posted just yet.
Traklink

Post by Traklink »

Had a quick look, the main improvements beyond the 512 extension are:
  • 910 Upgraded to every 10 minutes on weekdays, plus improvements to morning and evening frequencies on weekends
  • 569 will run every 20 minutes at peak times
  • 407 will see improvements to early morning services including starting nearly an hour earlier
  • Also a handful of extra weekday trips on routes like the 96, 402 and 558, as well as the usual assortment of school changes
However, this all comes at the cost of route 115 which will reduce to a 30 minute frequency at off peak times and 20 minutes at peak shoulders. While I can sort of see why, since it matches other heavy cuts to the freeway routes in the years following that Auditor-General report, it's disappointing that this one is a route being cut from a usable frequency to something much less convenient and unlike the 549 it doesn't spend half of a 40km route travelling through ultra-low density areas. Even worse is that this comes soon after the govenment have finally tipped some serious money into buses in the eastern suburbs, but still can't spare a cent elsewhere it seems.

FWIW the co-ordination is pretty solid outbound between the 114, 115 and 160 giving a bus every 15 minutes from EQBS to Booragoon, but inbound the 114 and 160 run at the nearly same time for some reason. I hope that's an oversight that will be fixed later and not a deliberate choice. Also there are some minor cuts to other Fremantle-area routes (111, 148-158 and 160), mostly in the peaks and evenings.
Catch a Traklink bus and you're on the train.
Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Post by Enviro 500 »

115 and 549 were once high frequency routes that got downgraded. 115 was once known as 940 and that number was recycled for the GEH corridor post Airport Line.

For 549, the area between Kwinana and Lake Coogee hardly has anyone boarding or alighting. Most of the demand is between Rockingham and Kwinana or Fremantle and Spearwood. Even so, there is 530 running parallel in the Hamilton Hill region.

Meanwhile, the catchment served by 115 appears similar to that of 935 to some extent.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Traklink wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:42 pm However, this all comes at the cost of route 115 which will reduce to a 30 minute frequency at off peak times and 20 minutes at peak shoulders. While I can sort of see why, since it matches other heavy cuts to the freeway routes in the years following that Auditor-General report, it's disappointing that this one is a route being cut from a usable frequency to something much less convenient and unlike the 549 it doesn't spend half of a 40km route travelling through ultra-low density areas. Even worse is that this comes soon after the govenment have finally tipped some serious money into buses in the eastern suburbs, but still can't spare a cent elsewhere it seems.
If we're at the point where the 114 and 115 are going to be frittered away to nothing, I think it's time to investigate whether they're really meeting everyone's needs both presently, and with an eye towards the future (i.e. Canning Bridge interchange, expansion of Booragoon, need for mid-tier transport), rather than just diverting the resources elsewhere and calling it a day.

Even before COVID, it was obvious these routes were in decline - in early 2017 departures on the 114 from EQ around 1700hrs carried 60 or more passengers in an artic. A year or two later you'd be lucky to half-fill the seats in a rigid, in spite of the service level largely remaining the same. This post from 2016 described one way the 114 (then 881) could be rerouted to provide a more useful link from Booragoon, while keeping an important North-South link.

Then there's the 115. Hamilton Hill Hall just isn't a useful terminus, and it's doubtful anyone interchanges here who couldn't be easily accommodated from Fremantle on a 513, 520 or 531. While the service does provide a more direct link through Coolbellup that some people do seem to take advantage of, it was always the quietest part of the run. It would probably be more useful running the service into Murdoch Station via South Street, than continuing through to Hammy Hill.
By halving the interpeak frequency to 30mins, the usefulness of this route for connecting to East-West routes is diminished substantially. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this cut doesn't hurt utilisation to such an extent there are further cuts down the line.
Traklink wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:42 pm FWIW the co-ordination is pretty solid outbound between the 114, 115 and 160 giving a bus every 15 minutes from EQBS to Booragoon, but inbound the 114 and 160 run at the nearly same time for some reason. I hope that's an oversight that will be fixed later and not a deliberate choice. Also there are some minor cuts to other Fremantle-area routes (111, 148-158 and 160), mostly in the peaks and evenings.
It's only taken TWENTY YEARS to sorta coordinate between Booragoon and the City on a 7-day basis. Even now they still haven't gotten it right.

The 114 and 115 on weekends ran within 5mins of one another (at 30min frequencies) outbound until the 115 was changed to an all-stop service along Riseley St in 2018. Until the 114 was downgraded to hourly, there was still a wonky 10/20min headway in both directions, and since the further cuts, the 114 and 160 have both left the City within the first 30mins of every hour on weekends.

I queried the lack of coordination in 2018, and was told by Transperth it couldn't be any better, as it would cost an extra bus... Considering the well-known punctuality issues with the 114, 115 and especially 160, I thought this a pathetic excuse, as an extra bus might go some ways to alleviating the ridiculously unattainable scheduling on these services. Canning/Ogilvie is now a timed stop on the 114 and 115, so fingers crossed there will finally be some real improvement to punctuality on these trips.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Enviro 500 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:34 pm For 549, the area between Kwinana and Lake Coogee hardly has anyone boarding or alighting. Most of the demand is between Rockingham and Kwinana or Fremantle and Spearwood. Even so, there is 530 running parallel in the Hamilton Hill region.
The 549, much like the 548 and 510, seem to fall into the category of routes that will (one day) be important, but for now, are not. I do wonder if it would be better if the 549 only travelled to Fremantle on selected trips, with the remainder going to Kwinana Station? Then do something about the services between Fremantle and Cockburn so there is a frequent, direct link between those two areas, which sorts out Rockingham Rd (and Beeliar Dr, for that matter).

Unfortunately I can't see anything like this happening. It seems as though improvements are still mostly at the expense of other route(s) at the moment, which isn't a bad thing, but there comes a point where there's nothing truly unproductive left to cull. I feel we're probably getting to that phase now, at least until the Airport line routes are reviewed.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

School changes are linked within the notice quoted below, nothing particularly remarkable, beyond the long-standing 777 School Special being converted into a trip on the 512 (fitting in with the extension of this route into Fremantle)
Transperth wrote: Service Changes - Starting 29 January 2023
From Sunday 29 January, services will undergo changes as follows:

School Changes
Specific information about the changes to school services can be found here.

The trip departing Claremont Station at 8.18am and deviating to Shenton College will depart at 8.08am on school days.

Selected services will undergo minor time changes due to changes to Churchlands Senior High School hours.

Selected services will undergo minor time changes due to changes to Churchlands Senior High School hours.

Additional short services will operate as follows:
Departing Leederville Station at 7.16am to QEII Medical Centre arriving at 7.31am
Departing Leederville Station at 7.46am to QEII Medical Centre arriving at 8.02am
Departing QEII Medical Centre at 8.05am to Leederville Station arriving at 8.23am
Departing Bob Hawke College 3.02pm to Leederville Station arriving at 3.10pm and Flinders Square at 3.28pm.

One evening trip will be withdrawn due to low usage.

One trip will be withdrawn on each day of the week, due to low usage.

A school day trip from Canning Bridge will now start from Elizabeth Quay Bus Station.

All services will serve all stops.

Peak services will maintain a 15-minute frequency. Services will reduce in frequency to every 20-30 minutes during Monday to Friday outside of peak times.

Two trips on Saturday and one trip on Sunday will be withdrawn due to low usage.

The service will now serve all stops along its route.

One trip on early school day mornings will be withdrawn due to low usage.

The existing 2.38pm school days trip from Como to Fremantle Station will now start from Melville Senior High School.

An early morning and late afternoon service from Fremantle to Elizabeth Quay Bus Station will be withdrawn due to low usage.

One early morning trip to Perth will start from Willagee instead of Booragoon.

A small number of trips will also be withdrawn due to low usage.

The service will commence from Lumen Christi College on school days at the new time of 3.14pm.

The trip previously departing Gosnells Station on weekdays at 3.29pm will now depart at 3.22pm due to school time changes.

The school days trip departing Lumen Christi College to Thornlie Station at 3.22am will now depart at 3.17pm due to school time changes.

The school holidays trip previously departing Gosnells Station at 3.40pm will now depart at 3.28pm.

219 / 220
Selected trips will now divert into Armadale Hospital following reinstatement of the internal road network previously closed for the COVID clinic.

The school days only trip to Armadale Station, departing Lumen Christi College at 3.35pm, will now depart at 3.15pm, due to a change in school finish times.

Significant time changes will occur to services travelling towards Cockburn Central Station during weekday morning peak periods, to provide additional capacity.

Additional trips will operate in the morning and afternoon for Piara Waters Senior High School.

The weekdays trip to Cockburn Central Station, departing Gosnells Station at 3.28pm, will now depart at 3.21pm, due to a change in school finish times. The school days extension of this service will depart Lumen Christi College at 3.14pm.

The school days trip departing Armadale Station at 7.57am will be withdrawn. Passengers should instead use the trip departing at 7.53am.

Additional services will operate, and existing services will undergo time changes before and after school to provide greater capacity.

Changes will occur to trips extending to Court Grammar School before and after school to align better with school times.

The trips departing Armadale Station at 3.40pm and 5.13pm will now depart 2 minutes later.

Will undergo minor time changes.

An additional trip will operate starting at 3.00pm at Kalamunda Senior High School, to provide additional capacity.

This route will undergo time changes.

The trip previously departing Midland at 3.20pm will now depart at 3.30pm. On school days, this trip will extend to commence from La Salle College at 3.19pm

The trip previously departing Midland Station at 3.57pm will be withdrawn. Passengers should instead use the trip departing at 3.48pm on school days, or 3.54pm on school holidays.

278, 280, 290
Will undergo time changes.

Route 279 will return to its former route in Maddington following Water Corporation works. Temporary stops on Blackburn St, Albany Hwy and Davison St will no longer be serviced. The services will also undergo minor time changes.

Route 291 will undergo time changes.

The trip previously departing from Midland Station on weekdays at 2.44pm, will now commence at 2.55pm to better cater to Woodbridge Primary School students.

The trip from Morley Senior High School on school days to Morley Bus Station will now depart at 3.23pm to accommodate the school’s new finish time.

347 / 371 / 378
Will undergo minor time changes to accomodate Morley Senior High School finish times.

Route 376 will undergo the following minor time changes:

Departing Gnangara Rd / Sydney Rd at 3.00pm to Mirrabooka Bus Station will now depart at 3.03pm to better cater for Mercy College students
Departing Whitfords Station at 3.07pm to Mirrabooka Bus Station will now depart at 3.10pm to better cater for John Septimus Roe Anglican School students.

An additional Route 402 service will depart Perth Busport at 4.35pm on weekdays.

The 6.32am trip will now depart Glendalough Station at 6.33am.

Additional weekday services will depart Glendalough Station as follows:

5.42am returning to Glendalough Station at 5.54am
6.13am returning to Glendalough Station at 6.25am
6.23am returning to Glendalough Station at 6.35am
6.43am returning to Glendalough Station at 6.55am.

Selected services will undergo changes due to Churchlands Senior High School time changes.

Selected services will undergo changes due to Sacred Heart College school time changes.

The trips will also undergo time changes which benefit students at several schools, including St Mary’s Anglican Girls School.

441 / 442 / 444
Selected services will undergo changes due to Sacred Heart College school time changes.

447 / 466 / 467
Selected services will undergo changes due to Woodvale Secondary College school time changes.

Selected services will undergo changes due to Woodvale Secondary College school time changes.

Time changes also affect deviating Mater Dei College services.

Route 483 departing Alkimos Primary School at 2.30pm will move 4 minutes earlier. This service will pass Butler College at approx. 2.42pm.

Several weekday trips will extend from Spearwood to Fremantle via Port Coogee, providing a direct link between Port Coogee and Murdoch. These trips will operate every 20-30 minutes during peak periods and every 60 minutes during the daytime.

Buses between Spearwood and Fremantle will undergo time changes and two trips will be withdrawn.

Saturday and Sunday services are not affected.

The school days trip departing Livingston Shopping Centre at 8.13am will now commence at 8.08am and deviate via Piara Waters Senior High School. The trip will continue to depart at 8.13am during school holidays.

The trip departing Cockburn Central Station at 2.46pm on weekdays will now depart at 2.41pm. The trip will now also deviate via Piara Waters Senior High School on school days.

The weekdays trip departing Cockburn Central Station at 8.09am travelling to Treeby will now extend from Clementine Bvd / Sapphire Dr express to Piara Waters Senior High School on school days only.

One additional trip will operate on school days, departing Piara Waters Senior High School at 2.57pm, operating express to Clementine Bvd / Sapphire Dr and then all stops to Cockburn Central Station.

An additional weekday service will depart Rockingham Station at 4.54pm arriving at Railway Tce / Kent St at 5.06pm.

Additional services will operate departing:

Warnbro Station at 6.35am on school days only arriving at Mandurah Station at 7.19am
Mandurah Station at 3.31pm on weekdays arriving at Rockingham Station at 4.42pm.

The existing service departing Warnbro Station at 7.55am extending to Ridge View Secondary College will depart at 8.00am.

Additional school days services will operate departing:

Warnbro Station at 7.55am extending to Mother Teresa Catholic College arriving at 8.20am (Mother Teresa now have departures ex Warnbro Station at 7.45am, 7.50am and 7.55am arriving at 8.10am, 8.15am and 8.20am)
Departing Ridge View Secondary College at 2.45pm terminating at Stockland Baldivis at 3.00pm
Departing Mother Teresa Catholic College at 3.14pm arriving Warnbro Station at 3.45pm.

Additional weekday services will operate departing:

Daintree St / Baldivis Rd at 6.55am arriving Warnbro Station at 7.13am
Daintree St / Baldivis Rd at 7.35am arriving Warnbro Station at 7.53am
Warnbro Station at 3.46pm arriving Daintree St / Baldivis Rd at 4.05pm
Warnbro Station at 4.26pm arriving Daintree St / Baldivis Rd at 4.45pm
Warnbro Station at 5.07pm arriving Daintree St / Baldivis Rd at 5.26pm
Warnbro Station at 5.47pm arriving Daintree St / Baldivis Rd at 6.06pm.

The trip departing Mandurah at 2.59pm will now depart at 2.49pm on school days and will now deviate via John Tonkin Tindale Campus at 2.58pm. The trip will be no changes to school holidays.

The trip departing Mandurah Baptist College on school days at 3.17pm will be revised to depart Mandurah Baptist College at 3.25pm and Madora Beach at 3.31pm (currently 3.21pm).

The trip departing Madora Beach at 3.21pm will be revised to depart Madora Beach at 3.24pm on school holidays.

Additional school days services will operate as follows:

Departing Mandurah Station at 7.39am arriving at Banksiadale Gt / Badgerup Av at 8.15am. This service deviates via Mandurah Baptist College and Coastal Lakes College.
Departing Banksiadale Gt / Badgerup Av at 2.45pm arriving at Mandurah Station at 3.22pm. This service deviates via Coastal Lakes College and Mandurah Baptist College.

Weekday buses will increase in frequency to at least every 10 minutes from approx. 6.00am to 7.00pm.

On weekends, additional trips will operate in the early morning and evening, with trips currently terminating at Canning Bridge extended to Perth via Victoria Park Transfer Station.

An additional 998 service will operate commencing from Curtin University Bus Station at 7.44am operating through to Fremantle Station.
bullswool

Post by bullswool »

I'd say the 910 increasing to a weekday off-peak 10 minutely frequency is a pretty significant change too.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

bullswool wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:43 am I'd say the 910 increasing to a weekday off-peak 10 minutely frequency is a pretty significant change too.
Perhaps I should clarify. I meant there was nothing significant beyond what had already been mentioned by Traklink.
shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

Merc1107 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:08 am School changes are linked within the notice quoted below, nothing particularly remarkable, beyond the long-standing 777 School Special being converted into a trip on the 512 (fitting in with the extension of this route into Fremantle)
Besides of the route 512 extension to Fremantle from Port Coogee on weekdays, the other notable changes are both routes 114 and 115 are becoming all stops and no longer a limited stop services.

Timetables updated:
busdriver12
Favourite Vehicle: One that doesn't break down!

Post by busdriver12 »

Merc1107 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:08 am School changes are linked within the notice quoted below, nothing particularly remarkable, beyond the long-standing 777 School Special being converted into a trip on the 512 (fitting in with the extension of this route into Fremantle)
That's been a trend for a few years now - the list of dedicated school runs is slowly declining usually attributed to poor patronage...
Phil

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

From memory the 777 was the last special to leave Seton College, and the last of about six buses from Kennedy College to Murdoch Station (leaving quite some time after the bulk of services).

Actually on that latter point, given the influx of artics since the end of 2020, I'm surprised there hasn't been any significant alterations in the school services to take advantage of the extra capacity, particularly in the areas where the artics are seldom used to their full potential outside of select school trips.
esperanceguy47

Post by esperanceguy47 »

Anyone here with inside information on services for Australia Day? Earlier in the month the TP site said buses would be running to a weekday timetable, then that info was removed and while https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Servic ... view/true on the journey planner page leads to the City of Lights disruption page, https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Journe ... light-show on that page just sends you back to the journey planner page... :?:
former Perth public transport fanatic 1991-2005 and still fanboying to this day in Esperance
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

I imagine they're running to a standard public holiday timetable, perhaps with some extra services for any events?

It boggles the mind how this sort of information, which was released weeks in advance in years past, is now buried deep within the TP website (if it has even been posted at all).
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

esperanceguy47 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:02 pm Anyone here with inside information on services for Australia Day? Earlier in the month the TP site said buses would be running to a weekday timetable, then that info was removed and while https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Servic ... view/true on the journey planner page leads to the City of Lights disruption page, https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Journe ... light-show on that page just sends you back to the journey planner page... :?:
The City of Lights page seems to have been updated to reflect the extra train/bus services that are operating.
shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

route_id,agency_id,route_short_name,route_long_name,route_desc,route_type,route_url,route_color,route_text_color
SWA-SES-4141,SWA-SES,698,,,3,,009639,FFFFFF
PAT-SES-4142,PAT-SES,699,,,3,,009639,FFFFFF
SCT-SES-4142,SCT-SES,699,,,3,,009639,FFFFFF
SWA-SES-4142,SWA-SES,699,,,3,,009639,FFFFFF
Just read the data from the Transperth website that had been published today with selected trips quoted above, there's some bus routes that will doing in several times, however the same that the route data are yet to be known yet. (and note sure what the work SES mean) :o

Swan will do both routes 698 and 699, and Path and Transdev will do for the route 699 only.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

"SES" would tend to imply "Special Event Service".
bullswool

Post by bullswool »

A quick google search shows it's special event services for Ascot Racecourse.

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”