Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Skexis

Baring Order

Post by Skexis »

Dictionary Definitions from Oxford Languages
bare
verb
gerund or present participle: baring
  • to uncover (a part of the body or other thing) and expose it to view.
    "he bared his chest to show his scar"
Similar: uncover, strip, lay bare, undress, unclothe, denude, unveil

Bit worrying if people are going to start baring on public transport. Do we order them or do they order us? :(
Attachments
PXL_20220511_202811834 (Medium).jpg
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Re: Baring Order

Post by Merc1107 »

Presumably it was intended to put "barring"?

Do that system relay messages back in real time to the driver (i.e. security time acknowledges that five fare evaders boarded, but they cannot respond), or is it just an incident log for statistics purposes?
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Merc1107 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:41 pm Presumably it was intended to put "barring"?

Do that system relay messages back in real time to the driver (i.e. security time acknowledges that five fare evaders boarded, but they cannot respond), or is it just an incident log for statistics purposes?
Apparently it’s not “fully implemented” yet, so I don’t think there’s a way to receive messages yet. Whether it’s ever fully implemented or not is another question.

Apparently there is a way that messages sent from the bus can be read in depot (when a driver sends a “Fare Evasion” message, for example), and presumably the government have a way of seeing them too. As it’s not “fully implemented” there has been no official correspondence telling people to use it, although many do.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Lieselta

Post by Lieselta »

I see TT drivers using it regularly for fare evasion
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Lieselta wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:23 pm I see TT drivers using it regularly for fare evasion
Good way to see what patronage is like on certain routes and runs to determime what gets cut and what doesn't
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Eurostar wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:21 am
Lieselta wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:23 pm I see TT drivers using it regularly for fare evasion
Good way to see what patronage is like on certain routes and runs to determime what gets cut and what doesn't
As far as I'm concerned, fare evaders should not count as official patrons of the service, when they have not paid for it. If a late night service is almost exclusively used by fare evaders, then it should be cut, particularly because these types are far more disposed to anti-social behaviour than those passengers who pay to use the service.

The only things that data should be used for, are to inform future fare-compliance blitzes, and ensuring if a service is routinely running late, that a high level of usage by non-paying customers can at least be identified and the timetable altered to reflect this.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”