Future of the board

News and comments about this board.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Future of the board

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:05 pm August has com to an end with only an average of 19.84 post per month - the first time we have not reached 20.

But surprising we had 33 posts today so before that the average was a bit lower still.
The end of September has come with an average daily number of posts of 23.10. The first week especially was good with an average of over 30 but downhill since then with one 24 hour period of only 6 posts. But overall much better than the August average of 19.84.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month has come to an end - the first three days consisted of a long weekend in Sydney and at the end of that we averaged no less than 6 posts per day (total of 18) them we had some big days which by the 10th of the month brought the average to just under 30. After that most days were in the low 20's which brought the average back down to 24.84 which is the highest since April this year.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month is coming to an end - like last moth it was very quiet for the fist few days after which it picked up but not to the same agree as last month with a final daily average for November at 23.50.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month (and year) has gone as far as our stats are concerned at 4pm.

The best moth we have had for some time. averaging in in the mid thirties until the day before Christmas, when things slowed down averaging about 10 until yesterday, with 29 posts today giving a final daily average of 29.13 for the month which is the highest since early this year.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Much the same pattern for January as for December last year, with a daily average of 27.81 - not quite as good as good as December but still the second best month since February 2022.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month gone with an average of 26.21. A fairly level month , a little bit low at the beginning but then most days between 25 and 30.
The outage on the 23rd would have cost us no more that 15 posts so without the outage the average could have been about .5 higher.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

March was much the same as February with an average this month of 26.74 posts a day.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month is coming to an end.
We started off with an average of over 40 for the first three days, followed by a few quiet days which took the average to about 27 and we have stayed pretty much at that level for the rest of the month, finishing with an average of 25.80 - slightly less that the previous 3 months.
Living in the Shire.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

How much longer can this low level of activity be sustained before the forum is shut?
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Merc1107 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:56 pm How much longer can this low level of activity be sustained before the forum is shut?
If the board shuts the question then would turn towards the what the future of bus Australia is as a website
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Merc1107 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:56 pm How much longer can this low level of activity be sustained before the forum is shut?
Some years ago I predicted that we would close down if we dropped below 50 a day but now that we are at about half of that we are still going and I cant see that changing as long as the fleet lists are maintained. But the time will come that some states wont maintain them as is possibly already the case with Queensland.
Living in the Shire.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Fleet Lists wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:32 am But the time will come that some states wont maintain them as is possibly already the case with Queensland.
Are there any publicly-accessible lists available for QLD (aside from Brisbane Transport Buses), or does nobody keep lists anymore?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I am not aware of any.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month is coming to an end.
We started off with an average below 10 for the first week but picked in the last week with most days over 30 finshing up with an average for the month of 26.35 - slightly better than April.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Its the end of not only a month but the financial Year.
The best monthly average of 29.57 in June since February 2022. We were over 30 for most of the month and only dipped below 30 in the last week.
Living in the Shire.
Frances

Post by Frances »

Oh dear. And one of the reasons that I reappeared here after a long break is that a forum that I used to post a lot on closed down due to falling patronage......
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

The rise of other platforms is one thing, but another is our increasing inability to hold a discussion and share conflicting viewpoints with civility. That discussion boards are dying in such a context is perhaps unsurprising.
Frances

Post by Frances »

Our increasing inability to hold a discussion and share conflicting viewpoints with civility? Everyone seems to be quite well behaved here I would have thought.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

The few that are left, perhaps. Look where the rest have ended up, social media platforms where imagery, and "reactions" are flavour of the week (or decade, sigh) and algorithms decide for users what they should see.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

As someone who enjoys curating and sharing transport media of my own, I have been an active member of ATDB since 2016, consistently posting a multitude of photos. While my early experiences were very promising with great activity and feedback, I have obviously observed a gradual decrease in user engagement and feedback as time has indeed passed on as others have left here or simply moved on from the forum. This has resulted in fewer responses, views, and a notable absence of comments on even my photo threads, leaving me with a sense of doubt, what and why exactly should I continue to post here if there's simply no engagement or feedback.

Look at the New South Wales photo section in particular, many threads with zero responses to submissions, few 2's and very rare 5 on the first page of the subforum. Brisbane / Queensland section is even worse off with zero posts this year with the last post being October 12th 2022 and that post was a response to a request for one asking for photos, not a thread submission.

It understandably becomes challenging to sustain one's motivation for consistently posting content over an extended period when there are no responses received to thread submissions so of course the majority have flocked to world that is Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, even Flickr in a sense.

Trust me in saying I would love to continue to post and share content here alas as I've pointed out, the audience has bolted so I see no reason or point to my curations here for the foreseeable future, I'll at least still attempt to stick to observations as at least there's a small sense of activity there depending on the location it relates too.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

The board is still getting a kinda alright number of guests that are browsing to see what is going on here seeming that people are still keen when it comes to registering to join
Frances

Post by Frances »

Just because people aren't posting replies doesn't mean that they're not looking.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

30.94 The first time we have averaged over 30 for a month since February 2022. The region 10 disaster in Sydney has certainly helped to get us there.
Living in the Shire.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Fleet Lists wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:10 pm 30.94 The first time we have averaged over 30 for a month since February 2022. The region 10 disaster in Sydney has certainly helped to get us there.
Maybe U-Go’s problems were all a rouse to increase activity here :P :lol:
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

Frances wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:21 pm Just because people aren't posting replies doesn't mean that they're not looking.
Exactly, don’t forget we don’t have post likes anymore, and it is still generally poor posting manners to post one word posts.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.

Return to “News & Administration”