196? Bedford Comair

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Cinqmars2

196? Bedford Comair

Post by Cinqmars2 »

Hello all, new to the forum and new to these old rigs.

I've just picked up a 1960-odd Bedford Comair. haven't had a chance to dig into it yet, it's been a bit of a whirlwind between buying and carting it to its current home, but I'll be able to spend some quality time with her this weekend so I'll get chassis numbers etc. which should help to ID it properly.

The intention is to use it as temporary accommodation while we're building a house, it's been converted to a motorhome at some point but there's not a whole lot we're intending on keeping, it's all pretty ropey and too small for my 6'2" frame, ha!

The seller said that someone saw the ad on Facebook and contacted him with a bunch of info regarding its history and the bus service company that used to run it. Unfortunately he couldn't find the message thread so was unable to pass it onto me, I'm hoping you guys will be able to shed some light on it as I'd love to find out more about the old girl.

The main thing I'm looking to address up front is replacing the window seals, there's a bit of water ingress throughout, nothing terminal but something I'd like to sort out this end of Winter. If anyone know what profile rubber I'll need that would help me out no end! There's also a broken RHS window circled in one of the photos, if anyone has any NOS or secondhand ones lying around I'd be keen to take it off your hands.

Here are some photos attached, any info would be gratefully appreciated! Thanks in advance :D
Attachments
IMG_6689.jpg
IMG_6659.JPG
IMG_6658.JPG
275417741_4914680415317121_460077001502416647_n.jpg
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Re: 196? Bedford Comair

Post by Guy_Arab »

I HAVE A COPY OF BEDFORD MANUAL BUT MOST ARE BOTH BUS AND TRUCK
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Look for a windscreen repair shop, they could supply both the glass and the seals.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
system improver
Favourite Vehicle: 1949 MBA Seddon

Post by system improver »

What's the body/serial number? It should be on a builder's plate which looks like this above the front windows.
CAC_MANPLATE_3_500.jpg
CAC_MANPLATE_3_500.jpg (46.35 KiB) Viewed 2875 times

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”