Ipswich bus network comparisons and plan

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

PaxInfo

Ipswich bus network comparisons and plan

Post by PaxInfo »

In Ipswich Council document here - scroll 1/3 down

https://ipswich.infocouncil.biz/Open/20 ... AT_WEB.htm
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
1whoknows

Re: Ipswich bus network comparisons and plan

Post by 1whoknows »

RECOMMENDATIONS

A. That a submission for citywide expansion of the bus network be prepared and considered as a potential Regionally Significant Project.

B. That Councillors meet with State MPs to discuss new bus services in Redbank Plains, as well as for a new direct bus service linking Ipswich Central and Springfield Central.

C. That Council officers work with the State Government to rationalise the existing bus network to achieve net benefits.

D. That if funding from the State Government is not secured for Council’s two (2) expansion priority projects (identified in Recommendation B) by the end of the 2022-2023 financial year, Council officers commence investigations into alternative funding options to subsidise the cost of these service changes and prepare a report for Council’s consideration.

Gee it must be the only report in the world that recommends expansion and rationalisation at the same time! Yet another reason why they should stick to roadworks and rubbish.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

1whoknows wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:02 am Gee it must be the only report in the world that recommends expansion and rationalisation at the same time! Yet another reason why they should stick to roadworks and rubbish.
It might be that the rationalisation amounts to splitting up hilariously unusable milkruns (which I assume exist to some extent already) and making something with greater utility, which would then require additional funding to operate?

The point is also made that public transport modeshare has diminished in their region over the last decade. That tends to suggest that whatever has or is being done in Ipswich, it isn't working.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Nothing works in Ipswich. Last time I was there I needed a piss - only public toilet open was next to the druggie centre.
I suspect not to many people in Ipswich work either - half the shops were closed and deserted.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
stingyearn

Post by stingyearn »

Merc1107 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:47 am It might be that the rationalisation amounts to splitting up hilariously unusable milkruns (which I assume exist to some extent already) and making something with greater utility, which would then require additional funding to operate? penalty kick online
The point is also made that public transport modeshare has diminished in their region over the last decade. That tends to suggest that whatever has or is being done in Ipswich, it isn't working.
My guess is that they haven't come up with the most effective solution to the problem yet.

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”