Moderator: PRT 065

pasha241

Re: Transport for Brisbane- Routes by Depot

Post by pasha241 »

P142 added to W.
IHateSherwood

Post by IHateSherwood »

Can confirm Eagle Farm (E) operates P341’s and P344’s on the rare occasion.

Latest Run Prints have one or two of each service (all evening outbound services I believe).

Eagle Farm also seems to have the odd 385 trip up until quite recently, I assume they were all cover trips (or bus swaps) as I doubt Eagle Farm will resume any Gap runs anytime soon - although I have no confirmation.

Can also confirm Eagle Farm does not operate any 227’s, 220’s or 326/327 - which is often disputed.
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

I’ll add 142 to W and 341/344 to E, thanks for picking those up. E normally does the 344 on a number of AM runs too.

I’m pretty certain E has not done any regular Gap runs in years.
IHateSherwood

Post by IHateSherwood »

307 added back to Eagle Farm
^^__^^
Favourite Vehicle: S1989 - Live well poppin' tags

Post by ^^__^^ »

192 to be added to S soon
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Exclusively, or shared with G?
pasha241

Post by pasha241 »

^^__^^ wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:25 am 192 to be added to S soon
is 453 added to sherwood also. because one time i also saw S bus doing 453 at Centenary Mwy or is just cover trip. also it look like S not doing 169 anymore because i never saw them on 169.
^^__^^

Post by ^^__^^ »

:!:
Merc1107 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:19 pm Exclusively, or shared with G?
Can’t confirm if exclusive or shared
IHateSherwood

Post by IHateSherwood »

Eagle Farm would be ideal for the 192 following P332 services at UQ Lakes, or even 196’s From Fairfield - also keeping in mind Eagle Farm is the primary West End operator.
It’s a Sherwood Monopoly.

Appears Eagle Farm is preparing to operate 590’s and 77’s as E drivers doing familiarisation programs and specified Charters utilising South East Busway, Garden City Interchange, and Mansfield/Upper Mt Gravatt Roads.

Not sure if E will operate 77/590 shared with G, or exclusively.

E is also rumoured to be receiving multiple B8RLEA Artics for regular use (Not Blue-City Glider) - potentially from Sherwood or by stripping some of their current blue artic gliders of their livery.

🥱
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

IHateSherwood wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:47 am E is also rumoured to be receiving multiple B8RLEA Artics for regular use (Not Blue-City Glider) - potentially from Sherwood or by stripping some of their current blue artic gliders of their livery.

🥱
Imagine once Metro comes online the allocation of artics will need to be revisited. They'll come in handy on some of the more frequent and consolidated routes in the SE for a start, and would arguably be a good help for the Northside.

Not sure that taking some off Gliders or away from Sherwood is exactly the way to do it versus expanding the artic fleet (or even shuffling a few tags north...).
IHateSherwood

Post by IHateSherwood »

Tags and artics would definitely prove useful on the trunk northside routes such as 330, 333, 345 and 385. Even smaller routes such as 320’s 300’s or 390’s for tags.

Biggest issue is the size of these vehicles, and their accessibility into Aspley, Chermside and Toombul. It’s generally to tight for a regular rigid bus let alone a tag or an artic.

Garden City often uses their artics on the 77, which doesn’t enter chermside interchange but instead utilises the Hamilton Rd Stop - this could potentially work if these larger vehicles were to operate the 333, 370 or 330.

I highly doubt TFB would invest in extending and widening the existing interchanges as their only interested in funding useless endeavours.

The only exemption is the 385 service which uses the Gap Park n Ride, which can easily fit the longer rigs. Despite this eagle farm (the only northern depot which can hold artics and tags) no longer operate 385’s - which rules this out completely.

To sum this up for tags to be applicable on the northside a lot of rearranging needs to be done.
daveeyh

Post by daveeyh »

I would be surprised if the G gas artics were not withdrawn from service once the Metro comes online. Some of them have extreme difficulty accelerating on any type of incline now (they sometimes have six or eight buses behind them during peak) and they will probably only get worse as time passes.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Like any gassie - dependent on drivers actually reporting faults. For all the whinging I have heard about some things in the industry, precious few ever report them. Some people think gassies can only be slow, and a quick one is an outlier...
IHateSherwood

Post by IHateSherwood »

daveeyh wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:51 pm I would be surprised if the G gas artics were not withdrawn from service once the Metro comes online.
With the metro replacing the 66 and 111 - sherwood’s artics would also take a hit, loosing their majority current operations, excluding rts such as the 137 and some 139/169’s ect.

Unless these busses are reallocated to other high demand routes (potentially 130/140’s or some western indooroopilly rts) , sherwoods simply has no purpose with 25 or so B8RLEA’s.

This could warrant some being transferred northside?
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

IHateSherwood wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:53 am Unless these busses are reallocated to other high demand routes (potentially 130/140’s or some western indooroopilly rts) , sherwoods simply has no purpose with 25 or so B8RLEA’s.
With some of the consolidation and frequency upgrades planned, I imagine they'll still have plenty of utility on the southside on frequent trunk services (and BUZ routes).
Bulimba_Busfanner

Post by Bulimba_Busfanner »

IHateSherwood wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:53 am
daveeyh wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:51 pm I would be surprised if the G gas artics were not withdrawn from service once the Metro comes online.
This could warrant some being transferred northside?
Given the age, I think some of G's gas artics would be withdrawn once Metro is open.
IHateSherwood

Post by IHateSherwood »

Spring Hill Loop 30 to be operated by Eagle Farm

exclusively

1065/1066 will return to normal service at Toowong

Loop will be Operated by Eagle Farm Yutongs
pasha241

Post by pasha241 »

IHateSherwood wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:47 am Eagle Farm would be ideal for the 192 following P332 services at UQ Lakes, or even 196’s From Fairfield - also keeping in mind Eagle Farm is the primary West End operator.
It’s a Sherwood Monopoly.

Appears Eagle Farm is preparing to operate 590’s and 77’s as E drivers doing familiarisation programs and specified Charters utilising South East Busway, Garden City Interchange, and Mansfield/Upper Mt Gravatt Roads.

Not sure if E will operate 77/590 shared with G, or exclusively.

E is also rumoured to be receiving multiple B8RLEA Artics for regular use (Not Blue-City Glider) - potentially from Sherwood or by stripping some of their current blue artic gliders of their livery.

🥱

does E or V have a plan to do share run of GCL. because in my opinion GCL should be share run by Sherwood and E or V depot (to remove dead running from City/Sherwood to Toombul/Chermside and Carindale.
IHateSherwood

Post by IHateSherwood »

pasha241 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:42 pm
does E or V have a plan to do share run of GCL. because in my opinion GCL should be share run by Sherwood and E or V depot (to remove dead running from City/Sherwood to Toombul/Chermside and Carindale.
It would definitely be more efficient, and have cost saving benefits, although i doubt Tfb has any plans for other depots to operate the GCL.

keep in mind those in charge of tfb operations are not dealing with their own business, and have access to almost unlimited funding - given its an essential service. Cost saving is a priority (on deadhead trips for example), although it is definitely not their main concern.

…i seem to recall toowong and virginia may (or have previously) operated a GCl occasionally although i’m unsure as it seems very unlikely.
^^__^^

Post by ^^__^^ »

:!:
IHateSherwood wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:46 am
pasha241 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:42 pm
It would definitely be more efficient, and have cost saving benefits, although i doubt Tfb has any plans for other depots to operate the GCL.

keep in mind those in charge of tfb operations are not dealing with their own business, and have access to almost unlimited funding - given its an essential service. Cost saving is a priority (on deadhead trips for example), although it is definitely not their main concern.

…i seem to recall toowong and virginia may (or have previously) operated a GCl occasionally although i’m unsure as it seems very unlikely.
It was Toowong and Carina which previously operated the GCL - can’t recall the reasoning to move it to Sherwood.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

If it was a super-frequent route with a lot of shorter trips starting around Sherwood/Indooroopilly then it'd make perfect sense. For a route running every 30-90mins though, perhaps it's easier just to confine to one depot, in this case Sherwood.
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

Edit: 192 added to S
ABS

Post by ABS »

There are still positioning trips that start and finish outside Carina and Toowong depots because the timetables were never changed.
daveeyh

Post by daveeyh »

Noticed this week Carina buses doing 170s and 174s for the first time in a long while.
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

I saw 1831 on a 185 this morning too. We shall see if that’s still the case when the school year timetable block commences.

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”