Seat Belted Low Floor Off To Hillcrest College QLD
Attachments
Inside.JPG
Inside.JPG (49.36 KiB) Viewed 5183 times
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: Low Floor Nexport Off To Hillcrest College QLD

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Nice to see an educational place having their own low entry bus for a change, something different to the boring & bland minibuses they end up with.

My only concern is being a low entry, there is no accessible room on this with it's present setup so those in a wheelchair will not be able to board unless the first two seats in the disabled row are removed and even then doesn't look like there's anything in place to keep the wheelchair stable from moving freely while the bus is in motion.

Other than that, I really have no complaints, I assume this is on a BYD DR9RA chassis which is possibly the reason they've gone for a low entry solution, guess we'll see how it pans out, just hope it isn't quick for students to rip the seats and etch the windows.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Should this be in Queensland section?
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Looks like part of a wheelchair symbol visible under the front right hand seat, and there is also an "ironing board".

If the school doesn't have any wheel chairs using students, perhaps there is some sort of "convertible arrangement" to remove the front seats if required?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I don't think this is an electric bus.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

About Nexport

Nexport Pty Ltd is a fully Australian owned business and the leading supplier of electric vehicles in Australia. Besides having deep local knowledge of Australian body building for electric buses in Victoria and New South Wales, they also have an exclusive distribution agreement with BYD technologies in Australia across various product categories like buses, logistic vans, and cars.

Nexport is the only bus manufacturer that is solely focussed on zero-emission technology which enables them to have laser focus on zero-emission outcomes, with no distractions or connections to legacy technology. Nexport is a fully integrated advanced technology provider in transport solutions for a cleaner and greener environment with its fleets of electric buses, trucks and taxis.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I know what Nexport does as their core business, but their brand is also used on what were called Gemilang products, which includes bodies on diesel bus chassis. I just doubt that a school could afford an electric bus, even though they seem to be financially well endowed, having a fleet of five or six full-size coach-bodied buses, judging by their website. I've no idea whether they own them or what the financing arrangements are. It would help to have an external photo of that bus to help identify what it is. (The reverse of the usual problem with bus photography - the lack of internal photos!)
Trevor 062
Favourite Vehicle: SUSSEX INLET SB50 HCL

Post by Trevor 062 »

Outside Shot just for tonyp
Attachments
Exterior.png
Exterior.png (101.73 KiB) Viewed 4634 times
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Thanks. It looks like an electric bus. Where does a school get all that money from or does it belong to somebody else?
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

tonyp wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:08 am Thanks. It looks like an electric bus. Where does a school get all that money from or does it belong to somebody else?
Must be one of those indulged private schools who still receive commonwealth funding under the recently departed liberal government. They are rich.
External pic serves more then just tonyp.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Linto63

Re: Low Floor Nexport Off To Hillcrest College

Post by Linto63 »

Fleet Lists wrote: Should this be in Queensland section?
Yes
tonyp wrote: Where does a school get all that money from or does it belong to somebody else?
Plenty of schools own (or lease) buses in their own right rather than contracting the work out. Assuming the electric bus cost $1 million, amortized over 15 years would be less than $100k per annum. School in question has 1,500 students, which would equate to a turnover of $15 - 20 million, so not a huge outlay in the grand scheme.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Has been moved.
Living in the Shire.
DavidSiefert

Post by DavidSiefert »

tonyp wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:57 am I know what Nexport does as their core business, but their brand is also used on what were called Gemilang products, which includes bodies on diesel bus chassis. I just doubt that a school could afford an electric bus, even though they seem to be financially well endowed, having a fleet of five or six full-size coach-bodied buses, judging by their website. I've no idea whether they own them or what financing. https://papersowl.com/pay-for-research-paper helps me pay someone to write my research paper. It would help to have an external photo of that bus to help identify what it is. (The reverse of the usual problem with bus photography - the lack of internal photos!)
Electric buses are a sensitive chapter for educational institutions... however, I know about this school that it might have some kind of financing arrangement in place or they might be receiving grants or subsidies to purchase electric buses.
It would be great if we could get an external photo of the bus to identify it, especially since you mentioned the lack of internal photos. Perhaps you could try reaching out to the school or Nexport to see if they could provide more information on the bus?
Last edited by DavidSiefert on Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trevor 062
Favourite Vehicle: SUSSEX INLET SB50 HCL

Post by Trevor 062 »

Old mate still has it..
Attachments
bus 5.jpg
bus 5.jpg (65.28 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
bus 1.jpg
bus 1.jpg (80.71 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
bus 2.jpg
bus 2.jpg (72.67 KiB) Viewed 3590 times