Canstar city trains 2022

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

TP1462
Favourite Vehicle: B7RLE, OC500LE, 0305, B10M.

Canstar city trains 2022

Post by TP1462 »

TransPerth has once again set the benchmark for the seventh year in a row however was the only agency to score 5 stars across all categories including ticketing and safety an improvement over the previous pre Covid recording speaking of which mentioned is the Covid response by all the operators

https://www.canstarblue.com.au/city-trains/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tonyp

Re: Canstar city trains 2022

Post by tonyp »

Disappointing that, again, they haven't surveyed Sydney Metro which would undoubtedly at least match Perth's ratings. Perhaps the penny hasn't dropped that it exists (assumption that there's only one train system in each city) or are waiting until extensions are open to become more of a "system".
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

I can't take that survey seriously for as long as they list QR above both the Sydney & Melbourne networks for "Timetable/scheduling". Unless people actually prefer waiting 30 minutes between services.
TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

BroadGauge wrote:I can't take that survey seriously for as long as they list QR above both the Sydney & Melbourne networks for "Timetable/scheduling". Unless people actually prefer waiting 30 minutes between services.
AdMet the’s same

TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

tonyp wrote:Disappointing that, again, they haven't surveyed Sydney Metro which would undoubtedly at least match Perth's ratings. Perhaps the penny hasn't dropped that it exists (assumption that there's only one train system in each city) or are waiting until extensions are open to become more of a "system".
Perhaps the metro is being included under the Sydney trains umbrella also transperth received improvements in the areas of safety and ticket cost with the introduction of the 2 zone fare cap

Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

BroadGauge wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:15 am I can't take that survey seriously for as long as they list QR above both the Sydney & Melbourne networks for "Timetable/scheduling". Unless people actually prefer waiting 30 minutes between services.
“They” are the users of the system. So obviously the people who use the services are satisfied with the schedules in Adelaide and Brisbane, but not in Sydney or Melbourne. Perhaps it’s a case of users in the latter two not realising how good they have it in comparison to other cities. Eastern seaboard residents’ small mindedness is not uncommon in my experience.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
bullswool

Post by bullswool »

I'd say scheduling includes reliability. 30 minutely service is better than 15 if the former is almost always on time.

New York Subway runs frequent Services but when I was there last, the trains arrived at apparently random intervals. Sometimes following each other, sometimes 20-25 minutes apart. It didn't matter that on paper the frequency was high when I was constantly waiting a long time for unreliable trains.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

TP1462 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:16 am Perhaps the metro is being included under the Sydney trains umbrella also transperth received improvements in the areas of safety and ticket cost with the introduction of the 2 zone fare cap
No it's not, I've already established that with Canstar. The only categories the metro would have in common with Sydney Trains is the ticketing system and cost of the trip as they both come under Opal.

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”