Leyland Leopard 78 Solenoids

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
erikw

Leyland Leopard 78 Solenoids

Post by erikw »

Hi forum,
I have a 1978 Leyland Leopard BUS converted into motorhome, VIN etc attached; The gears are semi-automatic, driven by air solenoids, when I select reverse gear, the solenoid output release air, (you can clearly hear it), so it's leaking ..... it still does shift, but I need to give it a bit more revs. Anyone has any ideas where I can get a replacement or go about fixing it? Photo's attached
sol1.jpg
; Thanks. Erik
Attachments
sol2.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-12 133520.jpg
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Re: Leyland Leopard 78 Solenoids

Post by Guy_Arab »

I HAVE A LEYLAND PANTHER WORKSHOP MANUAL VERY LARGE WHICH MAY HELP ALOT OF SAME EQUIPMENT DATA
GUY ARAB
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Contact Mr Motorparts of Auburn, Sydney.

They are experts on older Leylands.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
LeylandLeopard

Post by LeylandLeopard »

Hi,
We also have a 1978 Leyland Leopard converted bus. Richie (my partner) is a HV mechanic and may be able to help you, we would be interested in touching base to have a chat about Leopards and finding out their history, we are located at Glenlyon Dam Qld. Our email is ewe2@bigpond.com if you send me an email I will send our phone no. Many Thanks, Judy & Richie
erikw

Post by erikw »

Guy_Arab wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:17 pm I HAVE A LEYLAND PANTHER WORKSHOP MANUAL VERY LARGE WHICH MAY HELP ALOT OF SAME EQUIPMENT DATA
GUY ARAB
Hi Guy, Would you be able to have a look in the parts manual to see if you can find the solenoid ? Many thanks. Erik
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

It is important to bear in mind that Leyland part numbers are only a "disguise" of the the OEM part numbers which many of the components supplied by external manufacturers are fitted. This part could well have been used in many different vehicles over the years.

Take the solenoid out and look for details on it.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
erikw

Post by erikw »

Guy_Arab wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:17 pm I HAVE A LEYLAND PANTHER WORKSHOP MANUAL VERY LARGE WHICH MAY HELP ALOT OF SAME EQUIPMENT DATA
GUY ARAB
Hi Guy, Would it be possible to get hold of a manual ? Thanks. Erik
erikw

Post by erikw »

LeylandLeopard wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:03 pm Hi,
We also have a 1978 Leyland Leopard converted bus. Richie (my partner) is a HV mechanic and may be able to help you, we would be interested in touching base to have a chat about Leopards and finding out their history, we are located at Glenlyon Dam Qld. Our email is ewe2@bigpond.com if you send me an email I will send our phone no. Many Thanks, Judy & Richie
Photo's sent
erikw

Post by erikw »

boronia wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:51 pm Contact Mr Motorparts of Auburn, Sydney.

They are experts on older Leylands.
They sold their stock to ABCDiesels in NSW, and yep that guy had the part, thanks for the reference

Return to “General Transport Discussion”