Causeway trolleybus depot

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

tonyp

Causeway trolleybus depot

Post by tonyp »

Does anybody know whether Causeway was ever a standalone trolleybus depot or did the trolleybuses share a general bus or tram (or both) depot? Any opening and closing dates for this depot and date when trolleybuses started using it?
busdriver12
Favourite Vehicle: One that doesn't break down!

Re: Causeway trolleybus depot

Post by busdriver12 »

My memories was that it was separate from the old Causeway bus depot. IIRC, it was situated between between police HQ and the river just past the end of Hay St. The trolley buses would run on to Hay St from the depot.
Phil

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

busdriver12 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:00 pm My memories was that it was separate from the old Causeway bus depot. IIRC, it was situated between between police HQ and the river just past the end of Hay St. The trolley buses would run on to Hay St from the depot.
Thank you, that was the impression I had. There was also a tram depot here I understand - on the same site as the bus depot or another adjacent site? Any information on what year the trolleybus depot actually opened?
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

I WROTE A BOOK ABOUT PERTH TROLLEYBUSES I KNOW A ALOT IF YOU CONTACT ME I DID MY ENGINEERING TRADE THERE FROM 1954 TO 1958 THEN WHEN I LEFT THE ARMY I WORKED FOR A WHILE ON THEM
GUY ARAB

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”