Most memorable TV commercials

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

raafy

Re: Most memorable TV commercials

Post by raafy »

Heihachi_73

Re: Most memorable TV commercials

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Back in the dim dark ages of the early 90s I remember seeing a pasta ad featuring Super Mario Bros. while watching cartoons (probably the Bugs Bunny Show or Agro's Cartoon Connection) - yes, the original 1985 NES game, not Super Mario World, despite the ad being in the SNES era - at the end of the ad the Super Mario 1 flagpole scene was replicated too, complete with the fanfare. I'm 99% certain it was an alphabet soup/pasta shapes type of product, not macaroni and cheese.

I can't find much info about it, and Google in all its wisdom only wants to show me the North American Kraft Mac & Cheese/Kraft Dinner commercial (which was a generic cartoon with the Super Mario World theme drawn over it to make a quick buck), or much newer stuff from this millennium, or completely missing the point by spamming me with hundreds of irrelevant Super Show (cartoon) links. It was not SpaghettiOs. Chances are not a soul actually taped it though, being just an ad (more stuff fits on a video when you skip the ads, funny that).

This Reddit post might have been it, but the product is also American; it does have the SMB1 theme though and is apparently from 1991.
https://old.reddit.com/r/nostalgia/comm ... ta_cheese/

Return to “The Lunch Room”