Coachair to mains

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
enzomatrix

Coachair to mains

Post by enzomatrix »

Hey everyone,

I have a O405NH (ex-Transperth Midi) that apparently has a Coachair A/C system (according to the controller).

Does anybody know if it is possible to run the A/C off mains and not need to have the bus running? Or is there an alternative to having an air conditioner that can run off mains in one of these busses?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Coachair to mains

Post by boronia »

Doesn't it have an engine powered compressor?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
enzomatrix

Post by enzomatrix »

I assume it does, which would indicate no it can't I guess
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Coachair makes an electric powered unit, perhaps it could be adapted for mains power, and replace the existing unit.

Alternative might be to install a domestic a/c unit.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Busaroha

Post by Busaroha »

I was toying with the idea of putting an electric compressor in parallel as I have the same idea and situation as you. Looking around there are compressors that run on many different voltages so you could plan ahead for your solar unit.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”