What doesn't give you the S&#T's, or make you Happy?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Re: What doesn't give you the S&#T's, or make you Happy?

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Doesn't that make you happy Hawkeye? :P
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Post by Hawkeye »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:Doesn't that make you happy Hawkeye? :P
Oh why yes it does :P
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Gambling on the pokies and walking out five hours later breaking even (don't tell Xenophon, with his personal war on pokies he'll halve the payout rate so he can have them banned even faster!!! While leaving the real losers - Lotto, Keno and Trackside - free to take everyone's money, of course)
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

WIN your way to see Bieber in NZ is first prize????
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

Fence sitters !!
When you flirt with someone and they flirt back and I make the habit and they make the habit of glaring at you every time they see you and it goes on for months,
"It's like are you going to try and come and talk to me ? Or do you want me to make that first move ?"
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

When going to WOOLIES AND Buying enough things and to get 43 OSHIES for less than $106 INSTEAD OF ONE FOR $30 and getting a compleate set from my grandson who is in the country and there is no WOLLIES BUT ALSO BEING TOLD THAT OUR WOLLIES HAS RUN OUT THEY ARE GETTING no more & it still has a month to run! it made my day!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

. . . . . . . . . . .
Attachments
Fonzie_01-772x1024.jpg
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Daylight saving - I don't understand the concept of it....
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:37 am Daylight saving - I don't understand the concept of it....
I read somewhere that the original idea for daylight savings was thought up by Benjamin Franklin in the late 18th century to save candles from burning out
MotorOmnibus8562

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:59 pm
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:37 am Daylight saving - I don't understand the concept of it....
I read somewhere that the original idea for daylight savings was thought up by Benjamin Franklin in the late 18th century to save candles from burning out
I highly doubt that this would have changed anything, I believe there wouldn't be a difference, there are actually quite a few countries that have never used daylight savings, we've advanced so much in technology that Daylight saving might be abolished....
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
MotorOmnibus8562

This article, I dont really understand the context of it:

https://7news.com.au/news/melbourne-new ... -c-1720815
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I don't get it but when your driving on a single lane road doing the full speed limit (let's say it's 80 KMPH), what do people have too exactly gain from overtaking you?

Sometimes it's dammed if your a few KM's below the speed limit, dammed if your right on the speed limit and dammed if your one or three KM's over (because who knows if there is some HP officer sitting up the road parked to the side with their speed gun out)
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

I must be seeing things: https://tinyurl.com/y2tk9pdm

Greens & Liberals?

"A coalition of Greens, Liberal and independent councillors"
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'll never understand why my local Woolworths is so picky with the time they decide to put all the "boxed" hot food out at the Deli. All I want is some juicy buffloe wings and there's never any there (along with the other hot food), just roast chooks. Meanwhile I pretty much think I've got the morning schedule of another Woolworths down as to when they bring their hot food out, never had any trouble with that Woolworths.

The problem with the 2nd Woolworths is I'm only in town about once a week if I'm lucky and it's not a close one to home. Otherwise I probably wouldn't be here typing up this post heh.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

WHAT? Phuket International Airport has a competition to see what cleaning staff can have the cleanest toilet?
White lives matter too.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:46 pm I don't get it but when your driving on a single lane road doing the full speed limit (let's say it's 80 KMPH), what do people have too exactly gain from overtaking you?
It's like being on a bus that is literally doing the speed limit, with a car in front doing exactly the same speed. You feel like that if the car slows, then you have to slow down as well.

Driving with nothing directly in front of you gives one that sense of freedom. Would you prefer to be behind a truck in a 100 zone that is not causing you any delays, but is severely limiting your view ahead? I'd prefer to get ahead of them.

The 10kph handicap in some places with heavy vehicles can be an advantage to regular motorists.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

There should be a topic called What Don't You Give a S&#t about.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
MotorOmnibus8562

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:22 pm WHAT? Phuket International Airport has a competition to see what cleaning staff can have the cleanest toilet?
Lol thats hillarious
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Last week I was on the 75 again riding in a B2 tram which overtook a ute on Burwood Highway. Melbourne seriously needs more of this on their entire tram network in places where the tram isn't bumper to bumper with cars, the tracks are dead straight and the stops are appropriately spaced apart instead of being every 200m (or 1/8th of a mile in the old scale).
MotorOmnibus8562

Today's Earthquake down in Victoria, thank goodness there isn't any damage to my house so far.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Get idea if it works applied for a QR plastic card FROM SERVICE NSW IT TOOK 4 WEEKS TO ARRIVE THEN WHEN IT DID i received 5 in a row by post went to the doctors doesn't work but worked at woolworths but not at post office as she said we use a differant system doesnt show IVE had both vaccines so whats the good of it!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

1. Being able to leave the house for once, without the destination being a supermarket or KFC. I might even go bunzelling on the Lilydale line for the sake of it.
2. Giving a myki machine the absolute worst-looking, scratched up, dirty 10c and 20c pieces I could find on the ground or road (stashed after months of lockdown), without the machine refusing a single one. Ironically, the same machine initially refused a "new" $5 note that was in good condition and wasn't even creased, go figure.
3. Passing off that unwanted old NZ/Fiji coin to Coles, especially when it was a supermarket which gave them to me in the first place.
MotorOmnibus8562

This was a month ago but while filming a bus pulling into a bus stop. Some fool was in the background yelling at someone on their phone, I was quite puzzled by that, When I review it, It reminds me of the "old man yells at cloud"
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Was on the train this morning on the way to work, as soon as I hop on the driver of the train pops into the front carriage of which I was on looking for something, I see that he glances over at the EDR (emergency door release) with a puzzled look but he can't find out what Is going on so gets back in the drivers cab and we proceed to the next station.

We arrive at the next station and the driver pops into the car again, what was going on was a kid belonging to your typical houseo looking parent was playing with the onboard help point constantly and it rightfully frustrated the driver (guard didn't make an announcement or appear once) so much that he said the words "I'm going to have to ask you to leave the train" to the mother of the kid, the mother said something in disgust back to the driver but I was at the front of the car, the mother was in the middle section of the carriage so didn't catch it.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

When you find old bus seats in good condition on the Kerbside for rubbish collection and you want one but said seat is obviously too big to fit in the back of your car.

I wouldn't mind repurposing one or too. Good little side project to work on but don't have the right vehicle to transport it.

Return to “The Lunch Room”