Newcastle Transport Buses 23/10/21

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Newcastle Transport Buses 23/10/21

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

On the 2nd weekend after lockdown restrictions have eased for New South Wales and with the weather being extremely nice & sunny with tops of 27 degrees, I only saw it fit to head out for another round of bus spotting in Newcastle. All Photos were taken 23/10/21

This is 2726 ST, formally belonging to State Transit Authority Newcastle now with Newcastle Transport, a 2015 Volvo B7RLE Bustech VST, hard to believe this bus is 6 years old already! It was operating a route 26 to Markettown via John Hunter Hospital when it was photographed.

Most exciting? I'll let you be the judge, m/o 8028 (2804) From Newcastle Transport, a 2020 Volvo B8RLE Bustech VST having just surpassed a year in service. It was not in Service when it was photographed.

Weekends have made both Volvo B12BLE CB60 & EVO II variants a rarity for Newcastle Transport with only a small handful operating on the weekend, at least when I've ventured down as I haven't seen any CB60's so far on both weekends in the CBD but plenty of the Bustechs out and about. 2068 ST a 2010 Volvo B12BLE CB60 EVO II is well on its way to running the 12 to Maryland.

Of course there is still always room for a Volvo B7RLE Volgren CR228L on the weekend to operate, 2392 ST was built at the now defunct Volgren Tomago plant and is a 2011 bus. It was running the 11 to Charlestown via Newcastle University when it was photographed.

Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”