SQL Error when attempting to access board

News and comments about this board.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

SQL Error when attempting to access board

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Whenever I try to open up ATDB, it always comes up with this error:
MySQL ATDB.jpg
I am using Brave (built on Chromium) as my browser and am currently using Tor to access ATDB through somewhere in the Netherlands.
EDIT: As it works through the Netherlands, but not in Australia, I am wondering if this is a local error. And apparently France doesn't work, but Uganda does.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Re: SQL Error when attempting to access board

Post by Merc1107 »

Not quite sure what you're getting at; is it only a problem using Tor? Or is it an issue localised to a specific country you're accessing from?

Having no access issues (aside from the usual posting ones) from Perth.
Bus Suggestions

When accessing through my browser normally (Brave), the error shows up. It appears as if it were localised, as I can access ATDB through Tor on servers in specific countries. There are 'blips' where I can normally access it, but these occur rarely over the space of 1-2 hours. My wifi is also playing up at home though, I'm not sure how that'd contribute to the problem.
EDIT: Restarting my laptop, restarting the modem/router and deleting any cookies has not worked, but then again, I never expected it too.
Last edited by Bus Suggestions on Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

I also had that message today and i am in New Zealand
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Bizarre. Now it's doing the same to me across two computers; a Mac on Sierra with the latest SeaMonkey & Chrome, and a Windows 7 desktop running the same. Tried clearing browser data for the site in SeaMonkey to no avail, in addition to disabling uBlock & NoScript.

*Edit* - Seem to be able to access from Chrome on an Android device.
Last edited by Merc1107 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bus Suggestions

A Google search shows a solution which involves changing the code within the 'config.php' file from

Code: Select all

mysql
to

Code: Select all

mysqli
for the admin team to implement - access is, of course, restricted to aforementioned file. I haven't the faintest clue whether this would work, or whether this is actually the error. Sourced from (and more info, of course, available from) https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2484191.
Bus Suggestions

Merc1107 wrote: Seem to be able to access from Chrome on an Android device.
I was able to access the board on Chrome Android ~4:30 this morning, and was going to post that the error seemed to have 'mysteriously' gone away, but it seems it didn't want to rest for long - Android Chorme now returns the same error. Access via Edge & Chromium-based browsers connected to AU/NZ servers don't seem to be working 90% of the time, but then there are those little 10% of the time blips with normal access. For now, I'm stuck to using Tor to access ATDB.

EDIT: As of 10:27 am AWST, I can access the forum normally. Here's hoping it is fixed and not just a blip.
Bus Suggestions

Whether or not the config file has been changed, the error appears to have fixed itself...
EDIT: Darned parse error hasn't though.
EDIT 2: ...And I've jinxed it, obviously.
BusPlaneTrainTram

Post by BusPlaneTrainTram »

I was met by this error yesterday morning.

Bus fleet changes for NZ made yesterday, 1 May, have disappeared. Looking at NSW, VIC and ADL entries, a couple of days worth of updates seem to have gone too. The fleet lists might have saved back to a previous date.
Squiddy

Post by Squiddy »

This error plagued me too, on my usual browser (Firefox) and on my phone I'd hit this error every single time from Tuesday night up until now (now I can access the board again since I'm here posting this)

Edit: After posting that message I was locked out again until now (Sunday night)
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

This morning on systems previously displaying the error Bus Suggestions reported, I am getting this error:
Cranky Server wrote:[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
Lots of posts appear blank, threads missing and dates all messed up. Cannot reply from those systems as it claims I have sent a blank message. Seems to be working from the phone, though, which hasn't experienced the error (yet) when trying to access here.
Bus Suggestions

Accessing normally, that appears as the header and then everything else is normal below. Normal, except the last post was in the Sydney/NSW forum at 10:39 PM (AEST) on Wednesday April 29. Everything since then has gone missing. Access via Chrome on Android returns the same results. Access via Tor is as would be normal, seeing as I can post this message.
EDIT: It appears as if this is a 'transfer' period while the board is getting fixed. When I access normally (not through Tor), I get this:
ATDB base.png
ATDB base.png (24.78 KiB) Viewed 10215 times
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

I was met with another error, this morning, it simply said:
Error Message wrote:File Not found
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Bus Suggestions

Seems as if everything's been fixed between the time period of about 10:15 AM AWST and about 2:00 PM. The files listed seem to be phpBB system files, so perhaps this was an upgrade phase.

Return to “News & Administration”